A CRZ-Free Server

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 22 Next

It is CRZ-free or something is going on..,.

It could be that you're leveling in areas that don't attract a lot of players. Or that the realms Maiev is linked with are low population enough that you're passing like ships in the proverbial night. There's also the possibility that people aren't logging in on Maiev or the realms it's linked with, for whatever reason.

All that said, if you still have passengers being dismounted and dying at zone borders, pets and mobs disappearing when crossing into different areas, then Maiev is still CRZ-enabled.
;A;

I am sorry Alliance peoples, but the siren call of Horde ladies is too much for me to resist.
;A;

I am sorry Alliance peoples, but the siren call of Horde ladies is too much for me to resist.

This is all your fault, Lukar!

Don't be fooled, Chego. Lukar was a male up until about two days ago! It's a trap, I'm sure of it!

Join our Alliance. We have milk and cookies...

( But seriously, we welcome both Horde and Alliance to Ravenholdt. I'm just partial to Alliance, for obvious reasons!)
;A;

Woot...another convert to the Peg Bundy Cult. Look forward to seeing another fem orc in Ogri.
I always liked it here and this is a reason to like it more.
;A;

Don't be fooled, Chego. Lukar was a male up until about two days ago! It's a trap, I'm sure of it!

Join our Alliance. We have milk and cookies...

( But seriously, we welcome both Horde and Alliance to Ravenholdt. I'm just partial to Alliance, for obvious reasons!)

/raises hand...

You are mistaken to believe its was Luke's avatar that convinced Cho...It was the Harem of Bob that did that...
Here are two videos of World PvP we arranged right before MoP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEWZrF4ToAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct3LRmElbb0

Good times.
Here are two videos of World PvP we arranged right before MoP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEWZrF4ToAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct3LRmElbb0

Good times.

I hope that video does not show you killing a helpless manatee...if so I am surely contacting DNR to take away your "ASSAULT WEAPONS" and citing you with a hefty fine.
02/07/2013 06:03 PMPosted by Aerana

I did nothing!
There are two servers that are CRZ-free. Ravenholt and The Venture Co. Both are RP-PVP servers, both are the only RP-PVP ruleset servers in their respective time zones and datacenters.

The Venture Co. has a higher population, and a more balanced faction ratio. We're having CRZ refugees here in <Rising>, so come on over!

As to the PVP... As noted it's pretty faction balanced, and I think I've been ganked here... Once? Maybe twice in the few months since I moved here.

It's a pretty great server and I've never yet regretted re-rolling here, leaving many orphaned characters on other servers. I'll never go back.

Go make your own thread >:|

It is CRZ-free or something is going on..,.

It could be that you're leveling in areas that don't attract a lot of players. Or that the realms Maiev is linked with are low population enough that you're passing like ships in the proverbial night. There's also the possibility that people aren't logging in on Maiev or the realms it's linked with, for whatever reason.

All that said, if you still have passengers being dismounted and dying at zone borders, pets and mobs disappearing when crossing into different areas, then Maiev is still CRZ-enabled.

If that's enabled then is broken lol.
Any Horde players coming to test us out can send me a tell for a guild invite! I'll be happy to help in as many ways as I can to make your experience here better.
02/07/2013 03:58 PMPosted by Durh
Probably soon not to be CRZ free.

As state above:
Our server is capable of CRZ, but the location means effectively we won't be CRZ'd unless Blizzard decides to mix different server types.

I seriously doubt they'll mix server types. If they do anything, and who knows how far in the future that'll be, I think they're more likely to either merge realms between data centers or move Ravenholdt and the Venture Company to Chicago with the rest of the RP-PvP servers. Even if they do join all 6 RP-PvP servers together, that's still far fewer than any other server type.
I'll roll a new toon to check it out, but if it's as you say, you'll probably have four Alliance incoming.

Just a couple of questions:

Are there any family-friendly guilds on the server or would we need to bring our own?

Can the Alliance round up enough players to at least run sha every week?
I inquired about the server through trade chat about a week ago... Alliance-side seemed pretty dead. A person named Oolaki(?) answered quite a few questions for me... but there seems to be a lack of active guilds on Alliance-side. I have no interest in playing Horde anymore.

The server population doesn't really bother me, but I like being in an active, social raiding guild -- similar to my current guild on Shu'halo. Ravenholdt seemed to lack that.

If you become guilded with some of the more active alliance guilds, then you will have plenty to do. I am usually on from 0000 to 0630 and I pass many ally in my travels. Now it somestimes varies during the week during as to the numbers.
I'll roll a new toon to check it out, but if it's as you say, you'll probably have four Alliance incoming.

Just a couple of questions:

Are there any family-friendly guilds on the server or would we need to bring our own?

Family friendly is easy. As for your Sha question...I'll leave that to someone more knowledgeable on the Alliance's activity.
I will roll an Alliance toon on Ravenholdt.

And I do see players from Maiev all the time on The Forgotten Coast, In fact I see more Maiev and Vashj then I do forgotten coast folks
I tried re rolling some toons on The Venture Co. server , BUT, The performance was about the same as running on many of the east coast servers. I'm West Coast. lol
So I have been trying out Ravenbolt and seems a little better for me .

I paid to transfer my toons to a server where I got good performance, then they put in CRZ and that blew that. What a waste of money .
I thought about transfering my remaining toons here, BUT, I would hate to spend the money then have Blizzard add CRZ here and make it a total waste of funds. AGAIN.
I don't mind spending the money, but I hate to waste money. lol

Supposedly yes. I just asked someone who is forming a Sha group, he said and I quote, "I do 6 Sha raids a week I put together, we always down sha".