Fear is op

Arenas
Post Limit:
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
Get rid of Psyfiend.

It's a skilless ability.

"Gais im tryin to thnk of ability for priests plz help."

"Uh how about a ghost that u put down on low cd and it spams fear on everyone lots of timz"

"yea good idea priests shud fear more then locks"

Must be real annoying to get feared as a Warrior when you're literally immune to it 50% of the time at a minimum.

I dropped Psyfiend for Void Tendrils a long time ago. It's the only way I can kill a DK or Warrior (and after the patch, I suspect Rogues).
02/03/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Kyzr
Must be real annoying to get feared as a Warrior when you're literally immune to it 50% of the time at a minimum.

Don't pull that bull on me friend.

I only post on a warrior. I main a hunter and play a warlock, paladin, rogue, deathknight and druid.

And might I add I play marksmen on my hunter, so I don't have a cc breaker besides trinket.

Fear is terrible right now.
02/03/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Kyzr

isnt a warrior only immune 10seconds out of every 30?

your "literally 50% of the time at a minimum" is really literally not even close to being a correct statement.
isnt a warrior only immune 10seconds out of every 30?your "literally 50% of the time at a minimum" is really literally not even close to being a correct statement.

And to top it all off they're the one caster that can disarm.
02/01/2013 07:23 PMPosted by Esmee
I've had fear break on 10% of my health pool, then I have had other times where I have been hit with double chaos bolt crits and it didn't break. !@#$ is broke yo
I've been saying this for months. Its why Locks will tell you fear breaks immediately and everyone else says it never breaks. The threshold breaks at random times. Its very broken. Only consistent fear break imo is warriors fear. Thats the only one that actually breaks when its supposed to.

Thats the only one that actually breaks when its supposed to.

When you are dead?
02/03/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
isnt a warrior only immune 10seconds out of every 30?

6 seconds. assuming a hunter, druid, or rogue doesn't dispel berserker rage.
02/03/2013 02:05 PMPosted by Bigrob
6 seconds. assuming a hunter, druid, or rogue doesn't dispel berserker rage.

so at the absolute most, 6 seconds out of every 30, and possibly less than that.

dont think that equals 50%.
02/03/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Pachyderm
I think we've got the fear lovers on the ropes.

hey, arent you one of those guys who's immune to fear for like 10seconds out of every 2 minutes AND another 5 seconds every 45?

clearly, dk's are immune to fear literally 93% of the time. minimum.
02/03/2013 02:09 PMPosted by Pachyderm

They're about to cave. They can't hold on much longer.
If all we are considering is targets that are feared and being focused, then I can calm some nerves towards warlocks. There is only three situations I can think of where I would focus the fear target as a destro/demo lock in 2's/3's.

1. The healer has bad positioning and comes far enough into the open, where we can easily swap and kill him. I use fear solely as a interrupt on casting because of how unreliable it is, I immediately follow with our stupid axe toss(lags hard in between pressing button and actually throwing) you don't want to save up burst for 2 minutes and then lose your chance because of RNG.

2. When targeting a class that starts to go ham, if my team is hard under pressure and my CC's are DR'd on the non-kill dps in 3's, I may swap CC/focus target(play defensive). This situation is entirely dependent on what CD's both teams have up, but I might use fear again as a buffer for another CC.

3. One person on the other team is dead, and the kill target is kiting like mad. In which case the game is already over.

For warlocks you really shouldn't ever be targeting the fear'd person, it's a complete waste of a 10s CD which is used heavily for clutch peels, and is the basis for our CC chain that lands us kills. In 3's I am not going to DR my fear on healer if I'm not going HAM, so it really creates a distinction between playing offensive/defensive for the warlock class.
My fear often breaks on DoT damage before I get a chaos bolt off. Sometimes it breaks immediately on DoT damage, which is frustrating. I've never seen it NOT break after hitting with a chaos bolt. If it has a chance to break on damage, then I could see someone getting owned in a fear once in a blue moon... probably the same odds as getting a double Chaos Wave crit (~1% of the time).

Perhaps Blizzard should change the coding from a chance to break to auto-breaking after a certain amount of damage is taken so we don't get frustrating outliers?
02/03/2013 02:10 PMPosted by Splixer

They're about to cave. They can't hold on much longer.

Melee have too much uptime on Warlocks. Even with Blood Fear at our disposal. I will trade you fear for improved waiting tools. Since melee are always in our face the 5.2 Blood Fear should include a disarm. A 15s disarm to match melee 15s interrupt.

What abilities are Warlocks immune? Every 3min Warlocks get interrupt protection for 8s.

When melee see Warlocks they just go for it. Hump the lock till he falls. Warlocks:
Healthstone check
Correct pet check
Optimal port set-up check
Gate way no path found no path found no path found check there we go

I will gladly take a fear nerf if it was a little harder for melee to close the gap.
02/04/2013 05:24 AMPosted by Potentially
My fear often breaks on DoT damage before I get a chaos bolt off

Sure it does......
02/03/2013 01:55 PMPosted by Splixer
isnt a warrior only immune 10seconds out of every 30?your "literally 50% of the time at a minimum" is really literally not even close to being a correct statement.

And to top it all off they're the one caster that can disarm.

actually, that's incorrect.
02/04/2013 09:06 AMPosted by Avatarroku
Every 3min Warlocks get interrupt protection for 8s.

and you are ridiculously lucky to have that...

02/04/2013 09:06 AMPosted by Avatarroku
15s disarm to match melee 15s interrupt.

cant juke a disarm. cant use other school abilities while disarmed.

disarming a warrior is way more detrimental than interrupting a cast. therefore, it gets a way longer cd.
Fear pretty much always breaks on dot damage for me as affliction, I've never seen anyone sit through a full fear if I have dots up and affliction dots without cooldowns+malefic grasp spam would struggle to take 20% of someone in a fear duration with my gear anyway. As destro though I can cast into fear like 4-5 times for way more damage than what my dots do as affliction and it still won't break 50% of the time.