increasing blood tank dps

Death Knight
Number one goal for blood should b surviving the fight.
That being sed...
Secondary goal, surviving in a manner that prevents healz from oom on you.
Tertiary goal, help the raid with dps...

With first and second goal accomplished I turn to increasing dps.

First step is hit/exp cap.... Done.
After that..???

I can't find str to dps conversion. Is it 3.57dps per str point (from ej) same as unholy? Or does it change for some reason?

If 14 pts ap (vengeance) = 1 weapon dps. (is this standard all classes?) Is stam stacking going to increase dps thru vengeance while keeping survivability better than reforge haste crit or gemming str?
I can't find str to dps conversion. Is it 3.57dps per str point (from ej) same as unholy? Or does it change for some reason?

It probably wouldn't even be close to that number. That number comes from measuring all of Unholy's abilities and how often they are used over a long period of time, and Blood's abilities are drastically different, used to a differing degree, etc.

As a tank you really shouldn't have that big of a push to jump your DPS by gemming or much of anything past heading for the Hit and Expertise caps. The only thing I can think to advise after that is switching out a few of the orange Parry/Mastery gems for Str/Mastery; you'll gain Str and some very minor DPS in the process, but still retain some of that Parry you lost in the exchange.

I wouldn't advocate dropping much avoidance in the name of DPS. We aren't exactly avoidance tanks, but as a tank your damage is far more reliant on just how hard the boss hits, and making sure you maintain your priority. The main reason we can viably aim for Hit and Expertise caps isn't just for threat and/or DPS, but to help our mitigation from auto-attacks increasing our Death Strike heals and therefore our Blood Shield as well.
Auto attacks for heals?

And those were my same thoughts on blood str vs uh str.

They nerfed vengeance cause it was too awesomesauce... How do I figure dps increase from stam? experimenting with setup now.. all gems are stam/hybrid. But I flunked wowmath long ago.
I wouldn't even over stress how much dps you can push out. Lets say you bend over backwards and manage to inch out 10k more dps. That is barely 600k damage done a minute assuming it's a sustained 10k. To give you an idea of how little that can be you would only amount to 0.3% of 200 million boss' health a minute. The main reason I bring this up is even if you did bother to cap your hit you would likely not even gain 10k dps in the first place.
10k dps x 60 sec x 10 min fite is 6 million extra damage over the course of the fight.
200 million / 6 million = 3% ? While not super significant, somewhat ...
20k 6% ? Substantial?
Want to Increase DPS as blood?

go into Heart of Fear

higher boss damage = higher Tank DPS

want to increase DPS further?

gear up even more defensively so you can start 2 man healing fights and bring 1 extra DPS

want to increase DPS further?

start doing heroic Raid Content
Already hof. Already 2 heal. B a bit for heroics.
I guess perhaps what I'm having the hardest time figuring out is the actual dps/per vengeance numbers. Is the mana cost (to the healers) worth extra vengeance thru stam stacking at the end of the day? Raid buffed I'm 745k health and don't have survival issues or healer mana issues. Is vengeance the worthwhile route?
Vengeance is based on unmitigated damage. Not sure how you'd get extra vengeance from stam stacking.

Edit: must have missed that january hotfix. Looking into this more because "at player's maximum health" is still a lot of AP.

Edit2: It appears that the vengeance cap was added to prevent low level characters with 100% avoidance from soloing current content due to astronomical vengeance numbers they were getting. Not really something most of us should concern ourselves with.
02/04/2013 04:16 PMPosted by Tardnard
Auto attacks for heals?

Yes, for every auto-attack that lands our next Death Strike will heal for 10% more per stack, up to five stacks. Hit and Expertise help our mitigation through more auto-attacks, and Haste as well to a lesser extent.
Any considerable DPS gain is going to come at the cost of survivability stats, probably in the form of exp/hit, which you have already reforged.

The thing is that what you gain really isn't going to be significant enough to help you progress further. If you just want to be a tank that does a little more damage and has a little less survivability, that is your choice.

I would keep your survivability stats and spend your time trying to help your DPS make gains in their DPS, which could actually be significant in your progression.

If your groups current progression test your survivability the problem is probably never going to be tank DPS. I would keep your survivability and fix the real problem.
I want to stack stam now to have my 1.3 mill hp and never die in a raid bg or arena soloing world raid bosses would be fun to do and to use cds to have 2 mill hp then use blood pact for a 1 mill heal how can you die in pvp or raids? Also if you use the gem to have 20% less dameg taken you can start to go for dps with a 40k max dameg with no AP then like 70-90 on a mob in mop and 40-50k crit on a player i can see the dps and blood now.
02/12/2014 03:14 PMPosted by Shausianne
I want to stack stam now to have my 1.3 mill hp and never die in a raid bg or arena soloing world raid bosses would be fun to do and to use cds to have 2 mill hp then use blood pact for a 1 mill heal how can you die in pvp or raids? Also if you use the gem to have 20% less dameg taken you can start to go for dps with a 40k max dameg with no AP then like 70-90 on a mob in mop and 40-50k crit on a player i can see the dps and blood now.
pretty sure if my dk werent already dead this post would have given it terminal cancer
02/12/2014 03:26 PMPosted by Kusari
pretty sure if my dk werent already dead this post would have given it terminal cancer

because of the content of the post? or the fact that it was a year old necro?
haha remember when 750k was a lot of health? good times.
02/12/2014 03:47 PMPosted by Cannabinoidz
02/12/2014 03:26 PMPosted by Kusari

because of the content of the post? or the fact that it was a year old necro?
both