Race changing my priest unsure what race

Priest
Post Limit:
Hi all I'm just curious on your opinions on what races you like to play as priest. I don't have much experience with them so that's why i'm asking. If it helps I'm planning on doing some PvP and PvE. Shadow/disc specs. So im curious what are the benefits of each race as a priest ^^ from personal experiences.
Humans get to have two trinkets in PvP, which is very nice, and get 1% Hit (from Expertise) if you use a mace. Also a faster rep grind, which is a pain in MoP.

Gnomes have a very good PvP racial (90s CD snare/root break), and 1% hit from daggers.

Night Elves have Shadowmeld which is great in PvP; Can use it a lot like the current Phantasm to dodge a cast, or play D in a BG while being sneaky.

Worgen gets 1% crit, which is decent in both settings, as well as Darkflight, which can be combined with Phantasm or Dispersion to create a very nice gap.

Dwarves get a very nice 2min CD which drops Poison/Bleeds and reduces damage taken by 10% for 8s. Its a very good CD against Rogues, Hunters, and especially Druids. They also get the 1% Hit from Expertise when using a Mace.

Aesthetically, Humans and Night Elves are what I see the most. Gnomes have a low-profile advantage in PvP. Dwarves have a very solid defensive CD. Worgen are probably the rarest. My choice would be Human personally, but just barely. I think Dwarves are better in PvP, but I really hate the MoP Rep grinds.
Humans get to have two trinkets in PvP, which is very nice, and get 1% Hit (from Expertise) if you use a mace. Also a faster rep grind, which is a pain in MoP.

Gnomes have a very good PvP racial (90s CD snare/root break), and 1% hit from daggers.

Night Elves have Shadowmeld which is great in PvP; Can use it a lot like the current Phantasm to dodge a cast, or play D in a BG while being sneaky.

Worgen gets 1% crit, which is decent in both settings, as well as Darkflight, which can be combined with Phantasm or Dispersion to create a very nice gap.

Dwarves get a very nice 2min CD which drops Poison/Bleeds and reduces damage taken by 10% for 8s. Its a very good CD against Rogues, Hunters, and especially Druids. They also get the 1% Hit from Expertise when using a Mace.

Aesthetically, Humans and Night Elves are what I see the most. Gnomes have a low-profile advantage in PvP. Dwarves have a very solid defensive CD. Worgen are probably the rarest. My choice would be Human personally, but just barely. I think Dwarves are better in PvP, but I really hate the MoP Rep grinds.

What the hell is this? You forgot to mention your own race!

Forsaken are the original shadow priests!

Roll Forsaken for Touch of the Grave and Will of Forsaken.

Don't forget to Cannibalize them pretenders!
They're Alliance silly! I left out all the Horde options.

Of course for Horde the only option is Shadow Priest! I still think we should be the only ones with Devouring Plague.
haha thanks ^^
02/05/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Kyzr
Gnomes have a low-profile advantage in PvP.

Quoted for literal truth.
Gnomes have a low-profile advantage in PvP.

Quoted for literal truth.

funny thing is Blizzard nerfed Gnomes original racial Expansive mind (5% increase intellect) which was like having a Mark of the Wild buff all time, they said the racial was OP and after nerfing it they buffed all other racials and release pandas with one hell of OP PvE racial, so who knows what goes on in Blizzards minds? maybe a very good strategy to force many people to race change into pandas for that extra PvE strenght, to bad they did it at cost of anothers class racial
02/05/2013 08:26 PMPosted by Yuliena
Hi all I'm just curious on your opinions on what races you like to play as priest. I don't have much experience with them so that's why i'm asking. If it helps I'm planning on doing some PvP and PvE. Shadow/disc specs. So im curious what are the benefits of each race as a priest ^^ from personal experiences.

Your race change depends on your play style, if you are interested in PvP human might be your best choice, but just as heads up shadow priest are getting the bat in PvP currently and Disc havent been doing so good either.
Now if you are stronger on the PvE side of game Pandaren is best for Shadow and Human remain best for Disc /Holy since humans get 3% increase spirit, pandarens dont do so bad as heals if you going to be using spirit food that is, but many healers dont, instead they use Int food.
Me personall am changing race to Pandaren am not liking the PvP nerfs Priest are getting with no reasons, but am currently waiting to see if Blizzard buffs SPriest in PvE before i race change so far my priest has one foot on abandoned toons list, and I might just re-roll coming 5.2
02/05/2013 08:55 PMPosted by Yuliena
haha thanks ^^

If you plan on raiding,
Go panda!

The double food buff is VERY NICE!
I hate to say it, but humans are hands down the best pvp class. I recommend taking into consideration what you like though. Don't pick a class that you can't stand their casting animations (oh god, why did I go gnome...stupid mana racial) or voice, see worgen. I'm in the same boat as you, but I'll be having a sex change and going adowable draenie. It's what Aliena did and I'm perfectly fine with copying her.
I went human for spirit buff, rep and free trinket.

3% spirit at with my gear is over 300 and will keep scaling.
Tauren.

They'll either never you see you coming or always see you coming. Either way you'll look FAB.
Poor draenei. Completely overlooked. They're not bad but really better for Shadow since both racials are meh for healers. Good animations though.
Tauren.

They'll either never you see you coming or always see you coming. Either way you'll look FAB.

/Agree - Tauren for epicness. Forget the the warstomp racial and faster herbing is useless in PvP or PvE to you, we look amazing!
Tauren.

/Agree - Tauren for epicness. Forget the the warstomp racial and faster herbing is useless in PvP or PvE to you, we look amazing!

It's all about priorities my beautiful Tauren princess.
None of the original Vanilla races are worth paying for a race change to, from an aesthetic perspective, especially considering that sometime during Mists we are expecting to have the models revamped which would affect how your toons will look like while stand still or while animated. This change will likely include at the very least a free character customization for them and maybe even a free / lower cost race change so you might want to hold back on that if you want to be one of them.

If you are dead set on making the change now, then there are four high-poly model choices. Draenai and Worgen both of which have non-feet type boots (and the humanform of the worgen is just the normal weird low-poly human model, blech) or Blood Elves and Goblins which are probably the only real choice being horde side. Faction should be part of the consideration of aesthetics because in a game called Warcraft, the Horde tonally and thematically acts as the prime catalyst for action. While the Goblins are definitely a race of walking powder-kegs their aesthetics are hampered by certain disproportionate parts of their bodies (ears, hands, feet, etc.), and when compared to Blood Elves even though they benefit from having higher polygon models they still are leaps and bounds behind them when it comes to the Golden rule and other commonly accepted notions of beauty.

TL;DR Go Bloodelf if you sole concern is tasteful beauty and elegance.

P.S. Foresaken are fugly rotting undead, blech!