Rogue 5.2 updates feb 5th changes??

Rogue
I play with a lvl 90 rogue. I am leveling a monk for 5.2 so we can do a rogue monk 2v2 comp. what do these chages mean for rogues? Ive heared multiple rogues complain about the new updates. Are they that bad? Preps cooldown is decreased, blind cd is nerfed, pvp set was changed?
Just wandering from rogues what these changes are going to do too make them worse? please give explanations. I dont want be a rogue to post in these forums, just detailed explanations please.
I don't pvp, but I'm going to take a stab at this.

• Prep is baseline: That's pretty sweet
  • Cloak of Shadows is no longer reset by prep: damn it
  • Blind is goes up to a 2 minute CD: double damn it
  • Rogues get a 20% PW: Barrier: I think this is pretty cool, don't know about everyone else though.
  • I don't really think these changes are going to make anything worse, but then I don't pvp. If it isn't glaringly obvious I normally miss the things that suck for rogues in pvp.

P.S: Prep is still on a 5 minute cooldown.
    The baseline prep is nice. Should help us out quite a bit in offensive situations. To my knowledge the Prep cooldown was always going to be 5 minutes post 5.2, If it was lower before I didn't know of it. Kinda sucks that prep doesn't reset CloS anymore.

The Blind cool down being pushed up to 2 min vs 1.5 min kinda sucks, but that's just how it go's.

The 1min cut from CloS CD is nice.

Overall Rogues aren't as bad off as some people like to have everyone beleive, If you know how to play the class decently than you should be ok in ''most'' PvP circumstance's. None of this is to say that we couldn't stand a few buffs. Overall I think the 5.2 changes will be benefical to our class. And Rogues are known to scale VERY good with better gear, and with blizz making better PvP gear more accessible in 5.2 I think that Rogues we'll see a little boom in our population.

I haven't played on PTR so I have no personal experience with the changes blizz is making yet. All I can do is speculate based on hearsay at this point.
    02/06/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Appleberry
    Cloak of Shadows is no longer reset by prep: damn it

But its cd is now 1m which is overall better
    How is cloak of shadows better being on 1min cd when you could use it 2 times whenever back to back if needed? That is what confuses me the most. I agree with you Rainymood i feel that it being on a 1min cd will be better. But ive heard alot of rogues say otherwise. Why do you think it will be better?
    02/06/2013 08:49 PMPosted by Footsmack
    Just wandering from rogues what these changes are going to do too make them worse? please give explanations. I dont want be a rogue to post in these forums, just detailed explanations please.

make us worse?....we are going to be way better after this changes, not worse.
    02/06/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Appleberry
    Rogues get a 20% PW: Barrier: I think this is pretty cool,

What is this?
    02/07/2013 05:11 AMPosted by Paníc
    Rogues get a 20% PW: Barrier: I think this is pretty cool,

What is this?

It's listed under the rogue section of the patch notes on this site or you can find it on MMO-champion third post down.

"Smoke Bomb now reduces damage taken by allies in the area of effect by 20%, in addition to current effects."
    02/07/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Appleberry

What is this?

It's listed under the rogue section of the patch notes on this site or you can find it on MMO-champion third post down.

"Smoke Bomb now reduces damage taken by allies in the area of effect by 20%, in addition to current effects."

Like we get hit a whole lot inside of a smoke bomb anyway...
    Still, it's kind of neat. Keep your teammates up longer when you're on an EFC. Smokebomb your own EFC defensively. Smokebomb your healer.

Situations where Smokebomb could already be useful by disabling ranged damage now disable 20% of the rest.
    02/06/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Footsmack
    How is cloak of shadows better being on 1min cd when you could use it 2 times whenever back to back if needed? That is what confuses me the most. I agree with you Rainymood i feel that it being on a 1min cd will be better. But ive heard alot of rogues say otherwise. Why do you think it will be better?

More uptime on mages, more restealths, better overall survivability if you think about it
    Hmm would have been better if smoke bomb shortened your stealth timer by 4 seconds like the glyph.
    02/06/2013 09:57 PMPosted by Footsmack

Because you get more cloaks.
    With it on prep and 2 min:
    2 immediately[2], 2 min cd[3], 2 min cd[4], 1 min cd[5], 2 min cd[6], 2 min cd[7], 1 min cd[8]
    With it off prep and 1 minute
    1 immediately[1], 1 min cd[2], 1 min cd[3], 1 min cd[4], 1 min cd[5]... ect ect.

By the time you reach 10 minutes, you could have A. Cloaked 11 times, or B. Cloaked and prepped 8 times.
    You actually get more cloaks this way.
    Don't whine just because you can't sit on a mage immune for 12 seconds.

Exactly how I don't understand warriors who take double time.