Valor point upgrade to gear

General Discussion
Did a quick check on forums and didn't see any answers.

In patch 5.2 they are doing away with valor point upgrading gear.

Does this mean that all the gear we have upgraded will be returned to there original stats if so do we get the valor points we spent back.

Does it mean that we keep what we have upgraded and just cant upgrade anything else that we get after patch. In which case it would be wise to just spend your points on upgrades now and save buying gear with them till after patch.

Any help would be appreciated
1) No, they will not be reverting existing upgrades.

2) You're an unfortunate-looking gnome.

3) /punt
yeah got my looks from my mom

thanks for the replies

Does this mean that all the gear we have upgraded will be returned to there original stats if so do we get the valor points we spent back.

I guess that check needs to be less quick. Its been answered a lot.
In patch 5.2 they are doing away with valor point upgrading gear.

No. The full explanation for this change was posted here:

01/14/2013 10:00 AMPosted by Bashiok
The idea with the item upgrade system is that it’s a way to spend currency on upgrading items when buying new items isn’t the clear path. Either you’ve bought everything, or at least most of them, and then spend currency to get that extra *oomph*. With a new raid tier coming, we don’t want to create a trap where people are wondering what’s more lucrative: spend currency on new items, or on the new gear appearing on vendors? (Hint: It’s the new gear on vendors.) To help ensure we’re not indirectly encouraging anyone to spend their currency somewhere they probably shouldn’t, the item upgraders will be taking a break.

They're not opposed to the upgraders on principle. The idea behind giving the upgraders a vacation is to keep people from accidentally upgrading gear when it would be cheaper and more beneficial to trade up to the newly offered pieces. When Blizzard determines that people have had enough time to trade up the better gear they're going to put the upgraders back in the game.