Testing the waters...

Hyjal
Hello Hyjal!

Just wanted to come through and kind of get a feel for the players and what not on Hyjal. We at The Milk Drinkers have been talking of uprooting ourselves from our log time home, and moving on to bigger and better things.

We are a mature 10m group of weekend raiders, currently 3/6 H MSV, 6/6 HoF 4/4 TES. During this tier we have had an ungodly plague of real life. Losing almost half our raiders to the real world. That being said, our recruitment to fill those holes has been, shall I say, lacking... Sadly, Runetotem is dying. The majority of competent raiders (not already in guild) have been finding better homes on new servers, and we have been having some serious difficulty finding permanent raiders to complete our roster... somehow, we manage to get by every week though.

So, we have been discussing our options for a new server, get some new blood into the guild, and get our feet back on pavement... So, my question to you Hyjal, is there a place for us? I have done my research, and it seems there are a couple weekend raiding guilds out there. But, in my opinion, there could always be more!

So, if anyone is interested in what TMD actually is as a GUILD, check out a couple links for me:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893830159
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7174397391

Also, watch Chosens MoP promo reel... it rocks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=apMmoHnpzec

TL;DR - Is there a need for a weekend raiding guild on Hyjal?

EDIT: It was brought to my attention that I did not specify raid times: 2pm-5pm PST Sat/Sun.
And in my opinion, there shouldn't be any more. Hyjal has had a high transfer rate of not just players, but guilds. More guilds than the already shallow recruitment pool can handle, actually. You're having difficulty with your roster? So are a lot of other guilds that have been here.

I don't mean to sound snarky or anything, but simply put, there's already more guilds than I think Hyjal can handle at the moment. One or two guilds have left the server due to the influx of guilds and others have just shut down. I hope you manage to find the right place for you and your raiders, but as a standing guild, Hyjal I do not believe would fit your needs, unless you were potentially looking to join another guild-but I do not believe that was in your plan at all.

Either way, good luck with your decision.
I wouldn't recommend starting a guild here. The recruitment pool is EXTREMELY limited and there are 170ish guilds who have cleared content in the current expansion. When I transferred here to start a guild, I had 3-4 friends with me. Now that we're a full group, we only have 1 player from Hyjal. 9/10 of our players had to come from server transfers.

Not to sound like I'm scaring you off, but if you plan on moving here then prepare for a horrid uphill battle recruitment-wise.
Gonna have to agree with Rezy and Murgl on this one. We've recently had a big influx of guilds that are looking for new raiders come into Hyjal. I can count at least 6, if not more, that have transferred since the new year.

Normally, new guilds coming onto the server is a good thing. However, each guild that has transferred in so far does NOT have a complete raid team. The amount of toons that are guildless on Horde side is at an all time low, and you know how it is with pugs. Sometimes you get lucky, but most oftentimes you end up carrying them.

If you want to stay in control of your own guild and build a new raid team, another server might fit you better. If you are willing to merge into a guild that already exists, that may be more beneficial if you are looking to raid immediately. Otherwise it may end up being a long time before you have a complete raid roster of guildies.

TL;DR -
02/05/2013 10:55 AMPosted by Mmurrggll
Not to sound like I'm scaring you off, but if you plan on moving here then prepare for a horrid uphill battle recruitment-wise.

^^^^^
On the flip side, all these guilds that they are talking about tend to raid in the same time slot (weekdays, after dinner PST ect.). The fact that you raid weekends cuts down your competition for people to recruit considerably. You are correct, to my mind I can think of only two weekend raiding guilds going right now and I think one runs a 25 raid if not both. There is a market there for weeekend raiding for sure, and from the looks of your current server could it really be that much worse?

I say go for it, and welcome to Hyjal if you do!
I raid Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. Before and after dinner. :P

Just sayin'.
More Horde. If Hyjal needs anything it's more Horde!

:D
Its a tough place right now from a recruiting standpoint. If you have really off times (ours are Sunday/Monday late night) you might find a decent niche.

Other than that...I'd agree with most here. More guilds than there are players looking for guilds.
02/05/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Berelyte
I raid Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. Before and after dinner. :P

to my mind I can think of only two weekend raiding guilds going right now
On the flip side, all these guilds that they are talking about tend to raid in the same time slot (weekdays, after dinner PST ect.). The fact that you raid weekends cuts down your competition for people to recruit considerably. You are correct, to my mind I can think of only two weekend raiding guilds going right now and I think one runs a 25 raid if not both. There is a market there for weeekend raiding for sure, and from the looks of your current server could it really be that much worse?

I say go for it, and welcome to Hyjal if you do!

Its a tough place right now from a recruiting standpoint. If you have really off times (ours are Sunday/Monday late night) you might find a decent niche.

Other than that...I'd agree with most here. More guilds than there are players looking for guilds.

This is kind of the "basis" so to speak of our raiding. We are looking for the niche players, the ones that work the oddball shifts during the week (for instance, i work 4pm-2am PST) so, for me, the majority of decent raiding guilds are out of the question. As is the case with the majority of our raiders. We have a short, 6 hour raid week and still manage to make some mildly decent progression.

We are looking to move with 9 raiders in a 10m group, so we aren't going to be to shorthanded the moment we land on server. Our goal in moving is to increase the potential and longevity of our raid group. We are not moving to make raids happen. I'm sure we will still pull in recruits from off server, it is the nature of running a consistent, progressive, raid group.

Runetotem is dead/dying. We are more looking to just find a new home, not necessarily to solely fill the roster up. I realize my original post may have come off as if we were moving over JUST to fill holes. That is not our intent. We want to move to a server that actually has people logged into it. The fact that we can't pug a single dps hole on the weekend for our raids, really has us thinking about how much longer we want to ride out this dying horse.
Yea I feel you. We came from US-Uther Alliance, where the population of raiders was god-awful and annoying to boot.

The only thing I would warn you about is that raiders (as you already know) get burnt out, have real life stuff come up, leave for other games, etc. You will have to recruit eventually and, while DPS and tanks are somewhat of a medium challenge to find, pray you don't have to fill a healing spot. Healers are almost non-existent on this server.

Other than that, I love this server. They have a high population of friendly players, a consistent trade chat troll, a somewhat stable AH (although undercutting is a huge problem) and a lot of experienced raiders.
i love new faces and good players...come on over.
02/05/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Berelyte
Normally, new guilds coming onto the server is a good thing. However, each guild that has transferred in so far does NOT have a complete raid team.

My guild transferred here at the tail end of Cata, and our intact raid team followed shortly after MoP hit. I know we're in the minority tho.