491 Shin'ka vs Starshatter

Paladin
ok so I've been using Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion upgraded 2/2, Sha Touched gemmed.

Last night I got Starshatter

My question: Is the DPS gain from upgrading Starhatter 2/2 sufficient to justify the investment in VP (1500) and gold for Enchanting, or is the VP and gold better spent on upgrading other items or purchasing Valor gear and gems, enchants for that gear?

Thank you
Wow. I can't believe you would even ask this question? Well, i am not going to be rude. For dps, upgrading the weapon is always better. And even in your instance. when you have the choice to upgrade something different. Of course it is your choice, BUT, for more dps, Starshatter wins hands down. Upgrade Starshatter then worry about upgrading other items.
No of course you're not going to be rude. You have no reason to be rude. These forums are for mature people. They're not about attitude and arrogance. They're about community, helping each other to get the most from their playing experience. If someone asks a question you don't like and you are unable to act maturely and respond in a civil fashion, you exercise self restraint and refrain from responding to that individual's query.
02/07/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Maxximus
Wow. I can't believe you would even ask this question?

Actually, the extra 500 strength from the gem on Shin'ka makes it very competitive with a Starshatter from one difficulty up, despite the 6-ilvl gap, so this is an entirely valid question.

Jederos, since you don't appear to have much need for valor gear anymore (except possibly for an offset), and the human racial works for swords but not axes, I would say you should indeed swap to Starshatter. Couldn't hurt to sim it, though.
02/07/2013 01:14 PMPosted by Ravicana
Wow. I can't believe you would even ask this question?

Actually, the extra 500 strength from the gem on Shin'ka makes it very competitive with a Starshatter from one difficulty up, despite the 6-ilvl gap

Yes, I suppose I should have included that data as part of my concern in the op. 500 Strength is not insignificant in terms of DPS and losing that 500 strength swapping to Starshatter is the core of my question really

Thank you
can you get star shatter on raid finder without any charms? i only got lesser charms and i already killed the boss where you get it but i still really need it i dont know where else to get a better weapon
You can get anything and everything in LFR without Elder Charms, it just might take some time. There is also Shin'ka, the axe from Sha of Fear in Terrace of Endless Spring; crafted weapons (can get expensive); normal raids; and PvP weapons before you can get into LFR ToT and hScenarios.