New Rep Faction in 5.2 earned from Raiding?

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
02/02/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Shockem

we all pay the same as you do so why not have it for lfr for us casual players!!

Then dungeoneers and questers should have the same chance. LFR is just like them casual play. Imo it also is the easiest of these 3 options.
02/04/2013 11:53 AMPosted by Shockem
So now I am being forced to raid eh? Guess I need to find another mmo!

LFR is easy raiding and it's has 4 wings to que for so it's nothing to complain about it's more like a 25 man heroic dungeon lol!

And the worst endgame content I have seen so far. Dailies and heroics require far more commitment and participation from the individual player.
It is absolutely shocking how many of you want to take things away from other players despite it having no impact on your gameplay

Its like a huge amount of your game satisfaction comes from having what others do not.

Well whatever. I can't schedule my life around a video game in any degree. RL always trumps wow. I love LFR because I can see all of the pve content and get a nice productive steady pve progression if I want to on any toon without having to schedule my RL around other wow players.

Its definitely not free loot. I know if I total how many hours I have to play LFR to get the gear it is quite a bit of time. It is just another big time sink like everything else in MMO's.

Lots of higher power gear is gated behind things that require a certain group skill level. However the true cost of everything in WoW is time, your free time. Having LFR with no rewards would make it almost empty after a couple weeks. I spend time to get rewards. Seeing the end game content is a nice reward but almost worthless in repetition. It is the gear that keeps me coming back.

Gear without too much frustration or too much time. Thats the balance that keeps me playing. I really find that when a gear grind ends it kills my desire to play that toon unless I'm REALLY bored in RL. I generally will just make a new toon for a new gear grind.

Anways rep from LFR has no real downside. It will still take a ton of time. Your precious free time. A heroic/normal raider's free time isn't worth more than mine and we all pay for WoW.

Except that one casual content, LFR, is placed above the other casual content. I spend far more hours doing dailies to cap vp but wont have the chance to get the gear. So it has the downside of giving the advantage to LFR casuals even above raiders because except for the top raiding guilds normal/heroic are not cleared in a week why every LFR is.
You know what I would do.

Give one currency to casuals (non-raiders), lets say jp. It can be earned through any avenue avaiable right now and the gear for the jp will be non-gated. Give another currency to actual raiders (normal/heroic) also not gated behind any faction. Jp can buy LFR gear which would be the same ilvl as heroic dungeon gear and daily quest mob drops and vp can buy normal raiding gear. Problem solved. Casual players are treated the same and raiders get the better gear. Both still can advance their characters and eventually casuals can even get into normal/heroic raiding.
Honestly, It is a good thing for LFR to have regular raiders show up. Keeps the retard-mode to a dull roar.
I never said it was bad. I just don't like it how they make one casual aspect of the game more important then the others.
So now that VP won't be reset, can you give an indication of how much VP will be worth saving? Thinking a full normal raid clear first week group may want to save their full 3K VP, but an LFR only person may not want to save any VP as they wouldn't have anything to spend it on quickly enough. When will the different LFRs be released? What reputation will we start at and how much reputation do we gain per boss?
02/18/2013 01:57 PMPosted by Ailleacht
can you give an indication of how much VP will be worth saving?

There's a necklace available for purchase at 1,250 VP. It only takes one boss kill to reach friendly.
I'd recommend being valor capped even if you only stick to LFR because, once you kill a boss, you'll unlock three more items at the friendly reputation threshold.

When will the different LFRs be released?

As far as I understand, the first wing will unlock a week after the patch launches with another LFR unlocking every week after that until all four wings are released.

What reputation will we start at and how much reputation do we gain per boss?

You'll start at neutral. Not sure how much reputation you receive per boss though.
"Huzzah! The hero hath once again slain many inconsequential foes, to leap through thine magic portal, and oft returneth to... doeth the same task over and again! Verily, this is a champion worthy of our shiny baubles and trinkets."

Sounds a lot like dailies, doesn't it?
The raid rep (and their delicious, delicious Valor epics) includes LFR. You will need to kill bosses though to keep progressing it. No more ICC trash rep runs.

(please read followup responses in this thread before asking questions. you can click the blue BLIZZ button to the right to jump directly to my subsequent posts)

See, no problem. People will get there welfare epics with minimal effort. Aren't you glad?
See, no problem. People will get there welfare epics with minimal effort. Aren't you glad?

minimal effort? You don't run too many lfrs do ya? I don't and I can see that they're work lol
02/01/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Bashiok
If it is.. will a person get enough rep from just three wings of LFR to be able to buy something to avoid running into the 3000 point valor cap?

Yup, we'll make sure items are paced out to hopefully avoid that. Getting to Friendly is pretty quick, and there are items available at all reputation levels.

And you have now taken the system that is supposed to be a hedge against bad luck and tied again to LUCK.

How have you determined what opens at what level and how does that in any way correspond to what players may or may not need?

It doesn't. So if the item you need happens to be 6 weeks in at revered. Too bad.

Valor is already gated - it doesn't need another one just because Blizzard thinks it needs to force players to do one particular thing to spend currency they earn from a variety of content.
02/01/2013 08:03 AMPosted by Whyvette
If it requires raiding to get the reputation, then we're right back into the problem that Cataclysm exacerbated.

Molten Core also had raiding reputation... granted, you could have gotten to revered by other means but getting to exalted is only attainable by killing MC bosses.

I didn't raid much in TBC.

ICC had Ashen Verdict...

Raiding reputation was here for some time already lol
02/01/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Bashiok
If it is.. will a person get enough rep from just three wings of LFR to be able to buy something to avoid running into the 3000 point valor cap?

Yup, we'll make sure items are paced out to hopefully avoid that. Getting to Friendly is pretty quick, and there are items available at all reputation levels.

How much rep do we get from each boss killed? Thank you.