HoF Battle Menders

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Post Limit:
We are working on progression in HoF this evening and we are trapping 2 Battle menders and 2 trappers. While we are downing the trash group the mender is running out of the group and it is saying we trapped 5 and they are all released.

no one is using any other stuns, fears, etc and it has happened more than 3 times in a row. Anyone else have this happen? Thanks in advance.
Do you have any engineers? Its almost always someone spamming frag bombs, you can't use them on this fight they stun and count as a cc.
02/04/2013 07:30 PMPosted by Zongetzu
no one is using any other stuns, fears, etc

I have some bad news for you.
If you kill one set, the number of allowable CCs goes down to 2. Are you getting that far?
Update: Current pull, one of each group stuned. Pull, 5 secs in, menders break.
02/04/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Mneme
If you kill one set, the number of allowable CCs goes down to 2. Are you getting that far?

We did that once, and figured that part out.
02/04/2013 07:33 PMPosted by Sabod
Do you have any engineers? Its almost always someone spamming frag bombs, you can't use them on this fight they stun and count as a cc.

Someone with an Incapacitate might be doing it. They're immune to Stun effects. I think they're probably also immune to the Breath of Fire Incapacitate? If not, that might be it if you have a BM tank.
02/04/2013 07:46 PMPosted by Mneme
Someone with an Incapacitate might be doing it.

Yeah i think the frag bombs actually count as an incapacitate and not a stun, I can tell you first hand the quickest way to wipe your group is to use them.
No engineers, and we were thinking it was dragon roar from our warrior.

Group comp is: Ret Pally, DPS Warrior, BM Hunter, Ele Sham, Afflic Lock, Warrior Tank, DK Tank, Disc priest, resto druid, and mist monk.

Not really sure what it could be tbh
Sounds like your warlock is using Mortal Coil. Tell him to stop.
Post a log, it's likely that the culprit could be picked out of it.
Logs will list the abilities used on the first page (Spells List). You could be able to spot what's doing it from that.
Awesome, thanks for the logs suggestion! We are going to have it up and running for next raid. Our lock said he wasnt using mortal coil but we'll have logs next week and hopefully figure it out.

And thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions.
Dragon roar doesn't cause the issues you're having - I use it every week when I switch to fury dps for the fight.

Though I'm always curious why people cc the adds who do the least dps and causes the least amount of problems on this fight. We don't cc any of the menders because they barely do any damage, mending can be interrupted by anyone who is half paying attention, and you throw out a dispel/purge every little bit for quickening and you're left with 3 wet noodles who barely scratch you.
No engineers, and we were thinking it was dragon roar from our warrior.

Group comp is: Ret Pally, DPS Warrior, BM Hunter, Ele Sham, Afflic Lock, Warrior Tank, DK Tank, Disc priest, resto druid, and mist monk.

Not really sure what it could be tbh

DR doesn't do it. I use it any it has never been an issue. I don't think any of the kinds of CC that last for only like 1-2 seconds cause any issues. Someone is almost certainly messing up CC targets or something.

02/04/2013 09:00 PMPosted by Enshredder
Though I'm always curious why people cc the adds who do the least dps and causes the least amount of problems on this fight. We don't cc any of the menders because they barely do any damage, mending can be interrupted by anyone who is half paying attention, and you throw out a dispel/purge every little bit for quickening and you're left with 3 wet noodles who barely scratch you.

They tend to get CCd because if people get trapped at a bad time then having multiple Battle Menders up can lead to some tricky situations. That having been said, we only CC one and it isn't really an issue. Lets us CC the blade dudes and 2 of the trappers, makes it pretty damn easy.
Another suggestion is to use the addon BigBrother (pretty sure that's what it's called) - it tells you when CC breaks and why.
We kept having the same issue and thanks to that addon I noticed the resto druid was breaking CC with Nature's Vigil or something.
I'm gonna bet Resto druid is breaking CC - Stop using Nature's Vigil.
Well, nature's vigil wouldn't cause all CC to break at once with the message regarding too many CCs being used. So its not that.

But someone is using something. Mortal coil has been brought up before, but that was a problem in my raid until we figured out that was the cause. There is just some fear or disorient or something attached to something a raider is using for another reason that is triggering it. If they are vulnerable to roots (since entangling roots could be used as a CC....I guess?) then maybe a root is going out.
Check Zhan for use of "Leg Sweep".
No there should be no unCC of adds. It's about controlling your tab button. UnMacro all your fears mighty bash etc that is normally how adds all get in cc.

Your cc-ers need to be responsible stay in range keep focused and you should be gg.

Are your adds individually being loose or are they group un-ccing?