Smoke bomb not working against hunters.

Rogue
Everytime I fight a hunter they can always see me through my smoke bomb they will serpent sting, concussive everything in the book not just auto attacks. Idk if it's the Hunters Mark although I doubt it, but when a hunter attacks me ill smoke bomb and they will still load my body with dumb damage. I'd like to know if it is a bug or glitch or something.
If he is BM, he is probably sending the pet into your bomb.

The pet does a lot of his damage, for example he can Kill Command, Blink Strike/Lynx Rush, Bestial Wrath, etc. as long as his pet is attacking.

Against a good Hunter Smoke Bomb is quite useless, he can just throw a couple traps in your bomb and knock you out, or put a Flare on it.

I find the best situation to use Smoke Bomb against a Hunter is to rebuild SnD and have a clean 5point KS ready for the next time you get near him. Smoke bomb, spam shurikens and get yourself back into order, and then go for the kill.
02/07/2013 03:23 PMPosted by Yeps
Hunters making rogue moves worthless can't possibly be a bug cause it's been that way since Vanilla.

I know, just look at vanish
anyone know how to macro smokebomb and inhale?
Yeah, I didnt know they could flare it then shoot you good to know.
I duel my lock friend every once and a while and he just like casts right through my smoke bomb... the !@#$
I've been hit after tossing, and remaining with, Smoke bomb, too. I don't know if this is what's going on but it's my current working theory:

An enemy cannot freshly target you if you're in a smoke bomb, but if you're already targeted when you throw it, any existing enemies who had you targeted before you threw it still have you targeted and can hit you as long as they maintain you as a target.

This seems to be consistent with the description, too. From http://www.wowhead.com/spell=88611 we read:

Smoke Bomb
100 yd range
Instant
Requires level 85
Creates a cloud of thick smoke in an 0 yard radius around the Rogue for 1 sec. Enemies are unable to target into or out of the smoke cloud.

So, again, if they're already targeting me, then a Smoke Bomb doesn't untarget me from them; it only makes it impossible for enemies not already targeting me to target me while I'm within the cloud.
02/07/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Saifu
anyone know how to macro smokebomb and inhale?

They're both on the GCD, so you'd need a cast sequence macro.

#showtooltip Smoke Bomb
/castsequence reset=180 Smoke Bomb, Inhale

So, again, if they're already targeting me, then a Smoke Bomb doesn't untarget me from them; it only makes it impossible for enemies not already targeting me to target me while I'm within the cloud.

Dude.