Blizzard, Sha and Galleon mounts (Part 4)

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
02/08/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Elpaladini
Still waiting for proof.

The proof is in the math. There is no way that there should be no mounts in existence by this point
my god man... can't believe blizzard is still ignoring this.

bumping out of curiosity.
It would be swell if Blizz was tracking the amount of times a character killed the Sha and the number of coins used on the Sha, and then mailed every character one of a series of bags with their missed chance.

Stacking is a bad idea, imo. Sure, one can apply it to mounts and everything would be fine. Until someone decided to spam the forums with posts about how it should apply to gear. And then the game would become nothing more than a statistical certainty which would ruin ANY sense of 'adventure'.

Think about it on a smaller scale:

Baron Rivendare's mount. If you were gaurenteed, for argument's sake, after 20 runs to get the mount, really what would be the point?

He has a point. I, personally, think no reimbursement is needed for the coins spent. Just fix the issue, and let us get on with the game. The same thing they did with Feng when the loot fix happened.
02/08/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Azeban
If anyone else can think of a similar way to retroactively fix this, please say so.
I think the most people will get is an apology (if that), sure a refund would be nice but I don't see it happening; maybe blizzard will surprise us all though and do something awesome. /shrug
It would be swell if Blizz was tracking the amount of times a character killed the Sha and the number of coins used on the Sha, and then mailed every character one of a series of bags with their missed chance.

Stacking is a bad idea, imo. Sure, one can apply it to mounts and everything would be fine. Until someone decided to spam the forums with posts about how it should apply to gear. And then the game would become nothing more than a statistical certainty which would ruin ANY sense of 'adventure'.

Think about it on a smaller scale:

Baron Rivendare's mount. If you were gaurenteed, for argument's sake, after 20 runs to get the mount, really what would be the point?

I don't think you understood what I was saying. When you do something that has a 1% chance over and over again, the chance of you getting the object somewhere in that course of runs increases to the limit of 100%. It's never guaranteed. Certainly not with the scheme I provided.
02/08/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Shadowofnigh
They will stop once their is proof or a blue post that is reasonable.

Define 'reasonable' though. People in threads like this seem to equate 'reasonable' with 'answers NAO!' and that's not reasonable in any sense of the word.

Blizzard, in another thread, has stated rather reasonably why they cannot and do not reply to every thread and I think it certainly applies here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7861806227#20

We answer what we can. Not replying to a thread does not mean it wasn't noticed. We read and track numerous discussion topics daily and relay that feedback to the developers in weekly meetings.

Forward looking questions like "When is the patch coming out?" or "When will <insert request here> happen?"; an answer may not be available until all the details have been confirmed internally. Other times, the questions themselves are loaded or leading.

Blizzard, to my knowledge, has already stated they are (and I believe I'm paraphrasing here), 'monitoring the system to make sure it isn't broken' which means that the system, in all likely-hood ISN'T broken and these mounts are meant to be EXTREMELY rare sort of like Mimrion's head.

And given that world bosses are going 'tap to faction' next patch it really makes sense to me with account bound mounts, etc.
Reported.
02/08/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Huggywuggles

Define 'reasonable' though. People in threads like this seem to equate 'reasonable' with 'answers NAO!' and that's not reasonable in any sense of the word.

Blizzard, in another thread, has stated rather reasonably why they cannot and do not reply to every thread and I think it certainly applies here:

We answer what we can. Not replying to a thread does not mean it wasn't noticed. We read and track numerous discussion topics daily and relay that feedback to the developers in weekly meetings.

Forward looking questions like "When is the patch coming out?" or "When will <insert request here> happen?"; an answer may not be available until all the details have been confirmed internally. Other times, the questions themselves are loaded or leading.

Blizzard, to my knowledge, has already stated they are (and I believe I'm paraphrasing here), 'monitoring the system to make sure it isn't broken' which means that the system, in all likely-hood ISN'T broken and these mounts are meant to be EXTREMELY rare sort of like Mimrion's head.

And given that world bosses are going 'tap to faction' next patch it really makes sense to me with account bound mounts, etc.

I'm sorry, but you just don't understand probability. Even if the mount is extremely rare, with this many trials it would have dropped by now.
02/08/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Azeban
I don't think you understood what I was saying. When you do something that has a 1% chance over and over again, the chance of you getting the object somewhere in that course of runs increases to the limit of 100%. It's never guaranteed.

Correct me if I'm wrong. You thought that 'stacking percentages' i.e. an increasing % rate of drops would be applied to rare drops, correct?

In that case, at some point, you're going to reach 100%.

But perhaps I'm mis-reading.

And I did, my fault.

Mimiron's head... lol. It's much more rare than any other mount by a long shot, if it is indeed this rare. Rarer than Onyxian Drake originally or the mount from Strath when it was like 1/10000.

When you have 3, going on to 4, capped threads, just stopping in and letting us know they are aware would mean a lot to people. Even if they already know, just simply saying something along the lines of "we're aware of the issue and are looking into it" would be enough.
EXTREMELY rare sort of like Mimrion's head.
These are 100% different, mimron's head was only rare because it was a reward for top tier raiding and the minority got access to it. This is a boss that has been killed MILLIONS of times and nobody as of yet has been able to prove it has ever dropped.
02/08/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Lillefjollet
Reported.

Reported for reporting, come at me bro.
Come on blizz just post an " OK we get it we are investigating."
02/08/2013 01:23 PMPosted by Azeban
I'm sorry, but you just don't understand probability. Even if the mount is extremely rare, with this many trials it would have dropped by now.

Not really.

Let's say the mount has a .000001% drop rate, for the sake of argument.

What that means is PER character, PER fight that's only a .000001% chance.

So every single time you use a roll, you are rolling that is your chance. Not, Bob's, not Fred's, not some guy in Europe. YOURS.

So even if the mount HASN'T dropped, depending on the drop rate, it's ENTIRELY conceivable that it hasn't dropped yet.

And yes, it's ALSO entirely possible that while the mounts are in the game files, they simply weren't included in the game as are many other things.
I have read every post in every thread.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SO. MANY. WASTED. CHARMS.
02/08/2013 01:25 PMPosted by Jasdevi
just simply saying something along the lines of "we're aware of the issue and are looking into it" would be enough.

And they HAVE, that's the point.

A few things:

I think reasonable, in my personal opinion, would be a response after 1,600 posts, 3 capped threads, and the 4th on page 3 after two days.

They cannot reply to all threads. I, and everyone else, understands this. But there should be a moral obligation / due diligence in place to respond to something that has garnered 1,600 replies.

Mimiron's Head, for a time, wasn't rare. Difficult to obtain, yes. But for a time it was a 100% drop. Even now, Mimi's head remains a 1% drop. This Sha mount in it's current alleged implementation, is 0.05%. Much rarer, but there are far more people killing Sha on an hourly basis than people clearing 25 man Ulduar 0-Lights.

The person that updated the twitter feed was probably a secretary that has no idea of the inner functions of the game. I wouldn't read too much into the way the twitter response was worded.

The drop rate is broken. Not only is there precedence in the game for bosses not dropping items on their loot table, not only is there precedence in this expansion, but it's happened this patch. For a long time, Feng could not drop several items off of his loot table.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that a bug on one boss' loot table would creep up somewhere else. We just want answers, is all.
I have a picture of the Son Of Galleon on my wall in my office, it reads, "I want to believe".
Someone make a meme of the history channel guy with crazy hair saying, "SON OF GALLEON!!!"
02/08/2013 01:27 PMPosted by Huggywuggles
And yes, it's ALSO entirely possible that while the mounts are in the game files, they simply weren't included in the game as are many other things.
This is a possibility however what sets these apart from the dozens of other mounts that have been sitting inactive in the game files for years is that these are advertised as being obtainable by blizzard via the dungeon journal.