Meanwhile in South Korea...

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
This post hit me, too, "right in the feels".

All I have to say that it's important to remember that not everyone is the same, but that everyone has worth.
Thank you for sharing this. I know we all can relate to how it felt when we first started playing this game.

I know that it took me months and months of learning as this was my first ever MMO, and I can always relate to stories like these.
Never is being a condescending jerk an option...... Go play in Rl and be an !@# to someone, I refuse to do it to somebody in GAME. Game.... Game....
All I have to say that it's important to remember that not everyone is the same, but that everyone has worth.[/quote]

And that is all that we should believe is important.
02/07/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Ntaki
That hit me right in the feels.

Wow...I was not expecting these feels..

Realizing just now how short my patience has gotten and unrightfully so. I've been helping others lately more than usually but I have been quite short with others as well. This may be the first time since Vanilla I've actually felt bad about my behavior in this game.

I will learn from this. Thank you OP.
02/13/2013 11:22 PMPosted by Tadkins
All I have to say that it's important to remember that not everyone is the same, but that everyone has worth.

/nodnod
This post hit me, too, "right in the feels".

Succinctly, and perfectly said.
Man, I wish most of the posters here were all in the same server. I completely sympathize with the "outcast" warrior. As a kinesthetic learner, no matter how many websites I look at or how many videos I watch, I'll never fully understand something until I actually physically mimic it or preform the task. That being said I'm also extremely worried about getting yelled at/made fun of for being making mistakes, which is why I don't touch LFR. As most people here can see this creates quite a problem seeing as how a person who learns by doing is too afraid to to join pugs. I am by no means a bad player, I consider myself a decent player and I'm willing to learn from my mistakes and take advice when given it, but I run into more of the jerks then the nice people/teachers, that I stopped running 5-mans altogether and am only willing to run them if I have a friend or two to run them with me.

In contrast to that, I actually really like helping people. It makes me feel good as a person. Whether its helping a stranger killing an elite, helping guildies/friends quest/run dungeons, or giving someone pointers/info to help them out, it just helps make my WoW experience (and my day) that much better.
I think it's time for Blizzard think about the program "Guild Mentoring", making good rewards for raid leaders and guild masters, making some kind of gift for those guilds.

I don't know... but something must change fast. I don't wanna see players like that in my realm or even in another realm. That post was too sad. :(
I think it's time for Blizzard think about the program "Guild Mentoring", making good rewards for raid leaders and guild masters, making some kind of gift for those guilds.

I don't know... but something must change fast. I don't wanna see players like that in my realm or even in another realm. That post was too sad. :(

Blizzard already ran the pilot program of the Guild Mentoring Program. It ran from early September to mid-December.
I am a GM of a very large guild on my server and I have always considered myself helpful, but after reading this and thinking a bit I have decided that perhaps I have become jaded over the years. I block people for asking for gold (noobs and leeches both do this), insulted people in BG's for being bad, and had my share of trolling in /2. I must admit this post has made me remember that some people really just need a little help. I am paying my 15 a month for something im supposed to enjoy. Helping people, knowing that me being there to help makes their life (real or in game) a little better actually makes every penny worth it even on those days no loot drops or i cant get a win. Thank you for this post.
LoL is more fun because it's easy and stress free. On the other hand, WoW is super stressful in both pve and pvp.

You want to do PvP? Better watch out that Warrior avatar or *insert any stupidly OP ability* that one shot you.

You want to do PvE? Remember to refresh your dot when trinkets/cloak enchant procs. Don't forget to cast Malefic Grasp on moving. Miss refreshing your dot? Bad luck, your dps is lowered by half.
Very nice - even good change of pace for these forums. Thanks.
Thanks for the post.
02/14/2013 07:40 AMPosted by Nookz
LoL is more fun because it's easy and stress free. On the other hand, WoW is super stressful in both pve and pvp.

Huh? The LoL community has been the most ruthless experience I've ever encountered online. People are downright horrible towards each other at every turn.
02/14/2013 09:26 AMPosted by Jínxs

Huh? The LoL community has been the most ruthless experience I've ever encountered online. People are downright horrible towards each other at every turn.

Agreed, the LoL community is really !@#$ty. I have never met anyone nice, willing to give pointers/advice, or people who just want to play the game for fun and on top of that, LoL has literally destroyed 1 of my friendships. I have never met a game that has been able to do that, and I play fighting games, mario kart, and mario party.
Wow, this was a very touching story. I wanted to play WoW again but trying to catch-up is actually the worst.

Also, anyone saying LoL is easy and stress free is clearly not talking about League of Legends. Lol
I'm just going to go sit down somewhere and sob for like thirty minutes, and then pray that the outcast is doing better and his life is getting better and people are being nicer to him as well as to everyone else. And be thankful for the OP who took a little time to be kind to a stranger, which is something we should all do when we can.