Couple rogue stat and rotation questions

Rogue
1. Do you think there is a point where you have too much haste? My gears getting to the point where I am energy capping during AR sometimes and with hero its almost impossible not to on fights where we hero on pull and this is only 5.1. I know the sims say haste as much as you can but I wonder if there is a point where they dont take energy capping into the equation and something else will be better.

2. How do you start a fight? I usually prepot, tricks the tank, and run in get revealing and slice up then killing spree. Then I AR and go into my normal rotation. I always wonder if that first killing spree is a waste tho since I might be in only the green bandits guile and i could be AR off the bat. The reason I killing spree first is by the time AR is over I can almost killing spree again.
that didn't really answer either of my questions, maybe 2, but meh
02/07/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Kelvyn
1. Do you think there is a point where you have too much haste?

Yes, but it's technically impossible to get that much haste. Just don't use rupture while energy capping. The opening rotation for combat is also described in the guide (prepotting and tricks is assumed).

You're using killing spree correctly as far as I'm aware.
1. Don't think it as a waste, imagine your current regen is so high that even doing the best "button-spamming" you can, you still can't avoid capping energy, plus, you have Antecipation, don't keep Antecipation stacks before Adrenaline Rush/Shadow Blades, you should get 5 stacks of it when AR/SB is up ( you would not be "energy capped" since would be so many SS's to get those 5 stacks, but I still don't think you will avoid that energy capping anyway, because your energy regen is high )

About that giant energy regen, it's like this, I think the "overall" benefit of having a high haste as combat is to try to always be energy capped, on that way, the SS'spam will be sucessful, even if you have "problems" during Adrenaline Rush, I still think you should not worry

You can try a little test I thought about, thou
- go on those raid dummies ( I suggest the one "alone" on Stormwind's Old Town ) and make your normal rotation, and after the FIRST Killing Spree, when energy starved, turn on ADRENALINE RUSH only, try to get 5 Antecipation stacks
- right after the Adrenaline Rush fades, turn SHADOW BLADES on, use the 5 Antecipation stacks to drop extra 10 secs, and keep doing all offensive finishing moves on 5 CPs

Do a 6~8 minutes like this, and check your DPS right after it, then, do again the same time as the previous way, AR/SD turned on together

I think you will notice what I'm talking about

Edit: forgot to add, ask some shaman/mage to Heroism/Time Warp when you turn on Adrenaline Rush

2. I think Ambush > RvS > Slice and Dice is a better opener, I'd say you use Killing Spree before the first Adrenaline Rush/Shadow Blades, let's say, when you are energy starved after spamming SS, so when you use Adrenaline Rush/Shadow Blades, you probably will have Killing Spree again to use, hell yeah you're doing it right
02/08/2013 09:58 AMPosted by Ongbak
don't keep Antecipation stacks before Adrenaline Rush/Shadow Blades

I don't think this is accurate. I typically try to get 5 CP 5 Anti and completely drain energy, pop AR and Evis Evis. After the 2nd Evis I'm at ~75 energy and can begin SS spam. This shaves an additional 20 seconds off AR/SB in 2 globals, which is worth it IMO.

To answer your concern about a potential haste cap. One of the big reasons that haste is so valuable is because, more than just energy regen, it increases our white damage. This also gives more chances to proc Combat Potency. This is often hard to quantify, as it is all happening passively, whereas you notice when you cannot spam SS fast enough, but the opportunity loss of capping (which prob amounts to only a few SSs), is worth it for the extra potency procs and white damage you gain. Hope this helps.
It's also worth quantifying that it'd take 4251.9 haste rating just to get +1 energy/sec (60 more per minute).

So energy regeneration is a very underwhelming aspect of why we like haste so much.
But combat has adicional energy regen, it stacks, so that 4251.9 would be 72 energy per minute, it's worth it

don't keep Antecipation stacks before Adrenaline Rush/Shadow Blades

I don't think this is accurate. I typically try to get 5 CP 5 Anti and completely drain energy, pop AR and Evis Evis. After the 2nd Evis I'm at ~75 energy and can begin SS spam. This shaves an additional 20 seconds off AR/SB in 2 globals, which is worth it IMO.

What I meant with that was to adress his "problem" about energy capping, if he complains he caps energy, keeping an extra 5 CP on Antecipation won't help solving it, worth the try, anyway
I'm suggesing he's capping from improper timing of AR. Dont pop AR unless you have basically 0 energy, then you'll have an additional buffer from capping. It's possible, trust me.
02/08/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Lane
I'm suggesing he's capping from improper timing of AR. Dont pop AR unless you have basically 0 energy, then you'll have an additional buffer from capping. It's possible, trust me.

It's more important to use AR at a good time than making sure you use it at zero energy.

Although if both coincide that's definitely a good thing.
You're arguing over a difference of 3 seconds.