Realm decision

General Discussion
I have been trying to decide what realm to transfer two Alliance alts to. I have made some new toons on Proudmoore and Moon Guard. I just can't decide which server to transfer my Mage and DK to. Anyone have any recommendations? I don't want to blow $50 and get stuck on a crap server.
If you like RP P0rn go to moon gaurd.
What is a "crap server" in your definition? Knowing what issues you're trying to avoid will allow people to give you meaningful answers.
MOON GUARD
02/08/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Shamrunt

Oh, stop trashing Moon Guard. Seriously. Moon Guard is a great server. The crap that goes on in Goldshire comes from trolls from other servers. You do realize that, right? Most people do.
If you want PvE I'd highly suggest Stormrage. While it is high pop, there are still plenty of mobs and resources. The wealth here is amazing. And getting into ANY sort of group is pretty much cake.
Crap to me is some of the garbage I see in Trade chat. Absolutely nothing but spam and offensive stuff. I know Goldshire is the liveliest place but also the raunchiest, I observed it on both servers but at least there are players everywhere. I also want a "full, lively" population. While RP sounds interesting to me, and no, I have no desire for that ERP stuff. I don't know how to go about joining an interesting RP. That is my thoughts toward Moon Guard. Meanwhile I heard Proudmoore is one of the more, shall we say open realms to LGBT players and I'll just leave it at that.

Those servers seem to have full and lively playerbases. At least for alliance which is what I want for my alliance toons. My two 85s are collecting dust on Exodar after my guild jumped ship to other servers including faction changes. My mage is a guild master of an empty guild. The guild I don't really care about, but she is my Alliance main and I want her off that server.

Edit: Stormrage huh? That would be interesting considering my Horde realm is Malfurion.
You can engage in whatever style of RP you want.

i have known some people on Moon Guard and it is a great realm. It may have a reputation for ERP, definitely in Goldshire but that is not the only style that is there. You may engage in whatever RP style you wish and if someday you want to do ERP it will be there waiting for you.

As to tradechat spam and the anal stuff, there are some on every realm that would do that.
Crap to me is some of the garbage I see in Trade chat. Absolutely nothing but spam and offensive stuff. I know Goldshire is the liveliest place but also the raunchiest, I observed it on both servers but at least there are players everywhere. I also want a "full, lively" population. While RP sounds interesting to me, and no, I have no desire for that ERP stuff. I don't know how to go about joining an interesting RP. That is my thoughts toward Moon Guard. Meanwhile I heard Proudmoore is one of the more, shall we say open realms to LGBT players and I'll just leave it at that.

Those servers seem to have full and lively playerbases. At least for alliance which is what I want for my alliance toons. My two 85s are collecting dust on Exodar after my guild jumped ship to other servers including faction changes. My mage is a guild master of an empty guild. The guild I don't really care about, but she is my Alliance main and I want her off that server.

Edit: Stormrage huh? That would be interesting considering my Horde realm is Malfurion.

So far in trade chat ,the WORST thing I saw was "Girl with big boobies pvp'ing on twitch tv >> (link)"

In general, too many people are LFG/LGR/WTS/WTB.

It's EXTREMEMLY lively. My mid-high end computer had trouble when I first came into the AH. there were TONS of toons and someone had thrown a party grenade to boot. You'll see a lot of people out questing or sitting aorund in town waitin in queue.

Things on the AH are pretty cheap, especially MoP greens/blues and essentials like stacks of potions or netherweave bags.

Now, I do think Curse has some add ons that filter for you, if you'd like to try that route.

Most 'p0rn' is by off server ... "tourists" I like to call them. People who have "omg herd al abut Goldshire hurr hurr" and make a level 1 human and cyber in the inn at Goldshire.
Stormrage for alliance PVE.
Alliance bah. Reroll horde.
Moon Guard, it's awesome all the hate this server gets.

I don't even RP, I just happened to roll here cause a few friends did.
02/08/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Meanstrike
Stormrage for alliance PVE.

I'm not alone!

I used to be Azuremyst-Horde but I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted some ... real people... to play with! Stormrage has tons of people, many of which are friendly and willing to group up for quests, achiev hunts, mog runs-- you name it.
Too many to choose from, my brain is starting to hurt. Now I have to consider Stormrage.
02/08/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Emiyo
Too many to choose from, my brain is starting to hurt. Now I have to consider Stormrage.

I'd suggest writing down a list of goals for your characters, very specifically.

For example, for me I wanted:

high population
pve
alliance
VERY STRONG progression in PvE with a lot of top guilds
stable ecnomy leaning towards mat selling rather than production talents(which is how i make my money)

Once I had this list, I looked at the servers that fit my criteria and checked out wowprogress and also rolled a toon on the last 5 who made the cut. I ended up enjoying stormrage the most, so I transfered my main here.
02/08/2013 10:57 AMPosted by Naérdriel

I'd suggest writing down a list of goals for your characters, very specifically.

high population
pve
alliance
stable ecnomy leaning towards mat selling rather than production talents(which is how i make my money)

Once I had this list, I looked at the servers that fit my criteria and checked out wowprogress and also rolled a toon on the last 5 who made the cut. I ended up enjoying stormrage the most, so I transfered my main here.

Ok, that actually sounds like a very good idea. i already have a couple of toons on Moon Guard and Proudmoore. I can make a few on Stormrage and see how it is.

Progression doesn't really mean anything to me. I'm too scared to try LFD 5 mans let alone raids, heck I haven't even done LFR this x-pac yet. I just want to experience a full, lively server. I guess from being on lower pop servers, I feel like I might be missing something.
02/08/2013 11:09 AMPosted by Emiyo

high population
pve
alliance

Ok, that actually sounds like a very good idea. i already have a couple of toons on Moon Guard and Proudmoore. I can make a few on Stormrage and see how it is.

Progression doesn't really mean anything to me. I'm too scared to try LFD 5 mans let alone raids, heck I haven't even done LFR this x-pac yet. I just want to experience a full, lively server. I guess from being on lower pop servers, I feel like I might be missing something.

I came from a low pop server, and I can say, you definitely are! Besides, depending on what guild you find yourself in on the new server, people might be willing to have you tag along on LK and Cata dungeons and heroics just to watch and maybe do a little bit of DPS. I know my guild has at least 10 fully geared blood DK's that regularly solo old content and don't mind the company. For me to tag along is pretty pointless, since they don't need the healing... lol

Even in the starter area, there was a lot more people. I think that most of the higher and med-high pop servers, however, will have this feel.

I hope you find the perfect place!