How to fix the leetists

General Discussion
this game cannot support new servers. it can't support the existing servers it has.

bad idea.
Then people would go there and try and get the realms changed like they already do.

"booo, change PvP servers because PvP happened!!"
02/08/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Blackgoddess
Special snowflakes like to boast and brag about what they have but complain when others have what have.

And crying because someone has something you don't is fine?

When only a small fraction of players get to see content, then something is wrong with that business model. Games are to be enjoyed by everyone. They are not meant to be chores nor are they meant to simulate work. Moreover, many of us don't "cry" because others have what we don't but rather only want to facilitate accessibility to those with tight schedules, different schedules, different preferences and play styles.

We are not asking for a hand-out or for anything to be handed to us on a silver platter but rather to have the opportunity to earn the things we want in our own time and within our own play preferences. Among those are a certain crowd who don't boast or brag or preoccupy themselves with what others have but only focus on their own enjoyment of the game.

See the difference now?
I have a simple suggestion that would possibly end all this talk of, "Casuals Ruin the Game" And it has been dumbed down so much a 2nd grader could do it.

Create several new servers. These servers would be labeled "Hard Mode" Pve or Pvp.

Offer free transfers to this server for a limited time.

Increase every encounter difficulty by 50%. or scaled to what ever blizzard would find to be a hard challenge.

The players who cry about the game being to easy, could simply go to that server and play. Questing would be harder, Bosses would be extremely harder and so forth. Even gold would be harder to obtain.

They want a difficult game, why not give it to them.

You want "hard mode"?

Do it yourself. Remove your armor and weapons and do a Heroic raid at level.

That's hard.
02/08/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Blackgoddess
Casual =/= bad.

A "casual" players covers an enormous amount of gray area. Calling all casuals "bad" is a bit of a snobbish attitude. There are plenty of good players who consider themselves casuals. Lumping them all together is subjective and misleading.

I'm also assuming you are trolling.
I have a simple suggestion that would possibly end all this talk of, "Casuals Ruin the Game" And it has been dumbed down so much a 2nd grader could do it.

Create several new servers. These servers would be labeled "Hard Mode" Pve or Pvp.

Offer free transfers to this server for a limited time.

Increase every encounter difficulty by 50%. or scaled to what ever blizzard would find to be a hard challenge.

The players who cry about the game being to easy, could simply go to that server and play. Questing would be harder, Bosses would be extremely harder and so forth. Even gold would be harder to obtain.

They want a difficult game, why not give it to them.

How bout instead of doing that we fix the noobs by rounding them up and putting them all on an island with nothing to eat but crackers and tuna fish.
They're called "casuals" because they're casual raiders, they play the game casually, how is a person who plays 5-7 days a week a "casual" player?

Explain that to me?

I often play 5-7 nights a week and I'm pretty casual. However, I can easily log 8-10 hours a week which is really quite a bit compared to most.

I'm also a non-raider, but, from what I understand, the raiders don't play any more than that either.

I suspect thaat the stereotype of the 20-hour-a-week basement dwelling video game troglydyte is a myth. With careers, husbands, children, friends and hobbies, people just don't have that kind of time to spend on video games.
Ever notice it's the people who haven't completed normal mode raids complaining about casuals.

The hardcore players don't notice or care about casuals...in fact they like them.

They farm materials.
I'm gonna go ahead and put forth the notion that most of the people who complain about the casuals and stuff are not the top raiders, maybe they're the 60 or 70th percentile. The top raiders get the raid done before nerfs, and realize that casuals don't really reflect them because raiding this tier is harder than last even though people complain about casuals progressively dumbing down the game.
As someone who hates PVE and only does it to kill time (Like smashing my face as hard as I can into my keyboard in LFR or the occasional dungeon), I don't understand the appeal of a really easy game is. If you want easy, just do LFR. That's what it's there for. You get to see content and get your ep1x ph4t l00tz0orz, and people who want a challenge can raid. I can wear full pvp gear in arms spec and browse the internet on my phone and still pull middle of the pack dps in LFR because it's a joke.

Making the game easier than it actually is would be pathetic. None of the game's mechanics are really hard, anyway. Everything's just a gear check for the healers unless you're awful (or if you're actually trying to push heroics and enrage timers actually matter).

This has nothing to do with being an elitist and everything to do with you wanting to make PVE even more dull than it already is.
02/08/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Wárlòrd
There is no hard mode PVP, no need for it.

These servers would be labeled "Hard Mode" Pve or Pvp.

Also, the "Casuals ruin the game" thing is definitely applicable to PvP. People complain all the time about how casuals do random battlegrounds in lesser gear and just get owned and basically feel like they do nothing. Regardless of whether it's true or not, it happens. There is also thought that because the casuals have a majority on the Hardcore players, the hardcore feels like blizzard listen's to the majority playerbase over the small amount of players that actually put in the time to gear up and run for rate or w/e. Of course, alot of people complain on the forums when they've been bested by Blah class in Blah spec and most of those players are the casuals.
02/08/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Xerun
Casual =/= bad.

A "casual" players covers an enormous amount of gray area. Calling all casuals "bad" is a bit of a snobbish attitude. There are plenty of good players who consider themselves casuals. Lumping them all together is subjective and misleading.

I'm also assuming you are trolling.

And how are casuals bad?

I agree with your sentiment, but doesn't =/= usually mean 'does not equal'?
02/08/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Cártian
I agree with your sentiment, but doesn't =/= usually mean 'does not equal'?

I might have gotten the symbols confused. If so; I apologize.

In slang it means "slit wrists".

That's terrible.