So Shadow healing is too strong yet Ret

Arenas
Prev 1 5 6 7 13 Next
i havent seen any 300k heals, and my paladin is in full tyrannical.

ive tested: with all cooldowns + trinket going, just wings, all with a 3 stack of selfless healer and just healing random people.

you can go over 100k, but that's if you crit. flash of light has no crit modifiers, so it isnt going to crit every time. keep in mind, battle fatigue is not working yet. so these big numbers dont mean a lot right now.

people need to realize what made selfless healer broken in the past, was that it worked off WoG. and it's a lot easier to generate 3 holy power, than it is to judge 3 times, which takes at least 10-15 seconds.

add in battle fatigue, and mortal strike effects, and suddenly these big heals, arent so big anymore. yeah, we can offheal, but it isnt nearly as bad as people make it sound.

Nah the issue is that a ret can literally turn around and stop a kill with a SH stack. All this means is that we train the ret harder. Choo choo!
I was pretty sure they nerfed selfless healer enough to where it would heal the same amount as live. So they would get 200k+ instant flashes regardless of the incoming flash buff. In full s13 gear ptr Ret's normal casted flashes hit for about 60k. So 120k crits. Don't think 20% from wings and str trinket are going to buff that to 200k+ either, and especially with battle fatigue. All you guys are seeing is Selfless Healer which is has already been on live since launch.
Battle Fatigue isn't working on the PTR so...?
I think the battle fatigue thing is broken on the PTR.

On a side note, Ghostcrawler really shouldn't complain about lack of PTR pvp testing if they aren't going to make baseline stuff like that work correctly.

On a side note, Ghostcrawler really shouldn't complain about lack of PTR pvp testing if they aren't going to make baseline stuff like that work correctly.

Did he really complain about "lack of PvP testing"?

Yes, he actually cited it as a reason that pvp was so harsh at the start of MoP; that not many people were doing pvp on the test realms during beta.
02/10/2013 04:57 AMPosted by Naggoroth
I was pretty sure they nerfed selfless healer enough to where it would heal the same amount as live. So they would get 200k+ instant flashes regardless of the incoming flash buff. In full s13 gear ptr Ret's normal casted flashes hit for about 60k. So 120k crits. Don't think 20% from wings and str trinket are going to buff that to 200k+ either, and especially with battle fatigue. All you guys are seeing is Selfless Healer which is has already been on live since launch.
Yes thank you. Our Flash of Lights with SHE are only getting buffed via the PvP Power buff. Overall, SH by itself isn't really getting buffed at all. Maybe slightly, since the numbers changed around n stuff, and Blizzard did math wrong maybe, but overall, it really didn't get changed.

i havent seen any 300k heals, and my paladin is in full tyrannical.

ive tested: with all cooldowns + trinket going, just wings, all with a 3 stack of selfless healer and just healing random people.

you can go over 100k, but that's if you crit. flash of light has no crit modifiers, so it isnt going to crit every time. keep in mind, battle fatigue is not working yet. so these big numbers dont mean a lot right now.

people need to realize what made selfless healer broken in the past, was that it worked off WoG. and it's a lot easier to generate 3 holy power, than it is to judge 3 times, which takes at least 10-15 seconds.

add in battle fatigue, and mortal strike effects, and suddenly these big heals, arent so big anymore. yeah, we can offheal, but it isnt nearly as bad as people make it sound.

Nah the issue is that a ret can literally turn around and stop a kill with a SH stack. All this means is that we train the ret harder. Choo choo!
Of course we're supposed to be able to stop a kill. That's like saying a crutch Shockwave peel shouldn't save a healer. We need a way to say our teammates in emergencies too. BoP is dispelled in a global, and that's all we could really do outside of SH stacks. (Which btw, you can only get 1 full SH stacked FoL per average burst length.)
If 33k Flash Heals from Spriests were overpowered and being cried about then there is absolutely no way in hell 150k Flash of Lights from Ret is balanced.

ya a few of the developers also off handily blamed the players for pvp current state because they don't get enough testing from pvp'rs on the ptr. NM the fact they ignored such thing for years in the past and even recently as the stampede bug shown.
uh i fell asleep

but including glyph cat form for ret heals is really not a great idea... not everyones a feral druid it jus inflates numbers...

i was jus asking if 200k is with cds popped thats not bad... thats probably 140k with battle fatigue put in if thats how u calculate it... its not like rets can pop their dps cooldowns all the time...

and i hope you remebered to take into account of guardian of ancient kings + holy avenger. guardian especially can inflate ret heals by a huge margin at very high stacks but this is only once every 5 mins.

if u didnt that means on ptr ret can get probably up to 430k heals ROFL
02/10/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Annaliesia
If 33k Flash Heals from Spriests were overpowered and being cried about then there is absolutely no way in hell 150k Flash of Lights from Ret is balanced.
Already happens on live and Rets are nowhere near OP.
02/10/2013 01:59 PMPosted by Kitteykat

Which is barely higher than we can do on live, if you count in the extra 10-12% from pvp power;

http://i.imgur.com/lk0vFdX.jpg
02/10/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Cayse

Which is barely higher than we can do on live, if you count in the extra 10-12% from pvp power;

uhh unless im missing something or thats the wrong picture i see 183k wogs? thats a lot less not a just a little...
It's 183k non-crit.
02/10/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Kitteykat

uhh unless im missing something or thats the wrong picture i see 183k wogs? thats a lot less not a just a little...
That's an instant Flash of Light.... Read one of the buffs being removed.
02/10/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Cayse
It's 183k non-crit.
I'm pretty sure that's a crit, lol, numbers are too big not to be.

Edit: Erm that came out out wrong. What I meant was the actual size of the digits, not the fact that it's 183k.
02/10/2013 02:39 PMPosted by Mvp
It's 183k non-crit.

Edit: Erm that came out out wrong. What I meant was the actual size of the digits, not the fact that it's 183k.

Nope. Crits look like this; http://i.imgur.com/vwjuaKG.jpg

Trust me, I was there.

That's an instant Flash of Light.... Read one of the buffs being removed.

yea yea i kno it was somehow my brain jus made me type wogs anyways

02/10/2013 02:45 PMPosted by Cayse

Nope. Crits look like this; http://i.imgur.com/vwjuaKG.jpg

Trust me, I was there.

thats still a lot less not just barely