Question about Halfhill

Story Forum
This has been bugging me for a while now, during the beginning Halfhill quests, the npcs refer to you and Farmer Yoon as a "citypaw" in a derogatory way. My question is if citypaw refers to the fact that you're from a city then what would they know of cities? The only real city is that of the Shrines in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms but seeing as how they weren't gained access until recently they couldn't be referring to that.

The Temples to the North, East, South, and West are nothing more than temples and guardians of which, the Shado-Pan have large settlements but they seem to be something of military bases rather than cities, and then lastly that leaves villages which are spread all over the continent, including that of Halfhill but that can't be right either considering that they would be citypaws as well. And seeing as how early we got onto Pandaria they couldn't have known about the cities that we came from either.
Dawn's Blossom probably.
02/09/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Falrinn
Dawn's Blossom probably.
According to the wowpedia page it's nothing more than a small town, with hints about it being a village. Tbh I think Halfhill would be bigger than it.
Halfhill's busier because of all the travel and commerce, but places like Dawn's Blossom, Binan, etc are indeed cities.

Just....the cities of a culture that doesn't seem to care much for cities.

Really, what would be gained for anyone if Blizzard expanded these places to be like Stormwind?
Halfhill's busier because of all the travel and commerce, but places like Dawn's Blossom, Binan, etc are indeed cities.

Just....the cities of a culture that doesn't seem to care much for cities.

Really, what would be gained for anyone if Blizzard expanded these places to be like Stormwind?

Scaling. That's the explanation. I don't necessarily agree but I understand the reasoning.
Except if they scaled these places up to be giant cities, they would have to put content in them. Like quests and what not. And that would ultimately mean taking content away from the places they actually want it: in the wilds of Kun-Lai, Jade Forest, etc.

The theme of this expansion isn't "Asian industrialization with bears", and so thus, it is minimized in scope.
Yoon is from Dawn's Blossom, which is allegedly a city, and possibly the capital of Pandaria. Somewhat hypocritically, Halfhill is sometimes called a city too.
Dawn's Blossom is the pandaren capital so it is in fact a city. Everything is scaled down in game so we don't have to spend several day traveling to get places.