Friendship Is Magic #6

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
02/11/2013 06:27 PMPosted by Killercaitie
You could always mail them to people... >_>

I am currently with some spare blind bags. I'll need a bigger package bag for the brushables if these same friends want some.

Some of their manes came out looking trashy just because of the packaging they were in. I feel cheap sending them ugly toys. Water and an actual brush only help so much to fix those manes.
I Wonder who the Orange Sun Pony is....

Maybe a Unicorn to balance the ratio of Alicorn, Pegusus, Unicorn and Earth Ponies(what with Twilight no longer being a Unicorn)
02/11/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Archpaladin
I Wonder who the Orange Sun Pony is....

Spitfire, isn't it?

02/11/2013 06:34 PMPosted by Rosenivy
Some of their manes came out looking trashy just because of the packaging they were in. I feel cheap sending them ugly toys. Water and an actual brush only help so much to fix those manes.

I don't like getting rid of collectables just because they look a little off, that's what makes them unique :P
02/11/2013 07:26 PMPosted by Killercaitie
Spitfire, isn't it?

Different mark. Some of the fans think it has something to do with a movie coming out eventually. Or that spin off show that's "Aimed at older girls" no major details yet.
Who else thinks she's going to join the Mane 6(or Mane 7 if she does join) in order for there to be 2 Unicorns, 2 Pegasus ponies, 2 Earth Ponies and 1 Alicorn Pony?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hUhHRCRMOMw

Leaked season finale song.

Eh....it's so so. I feel spoiled after This Day Aria.
I'm not entirely sure she was going to make them pony-themed. She said original characters in a way that made it sound non-MLP related.
02/11/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Soeroah
I'm not entirely sure she was going to make them pony-themed. She said original characters in a way that made it sound non-MLP related.

Yup. But they'd still have to remake some new animations. But the core of the game would still be there. So that it wouldn't feel like a complete waste.
02/11/2013 09:34 PMPosted by Rosenivy

Not going to click.

I shall wait until Saturday!
Oh god the season finale already this saturday

How the time has gone by
Was reading some comments. Apparently "Bad Seed" the song anyway is apparently not good compared to some people

Odd I saw that song get a ton of praise when it came out. And that whole episode was probably one of the higher quality episodes out of a so so season. And it was one of my favorite songs. Just thought that was odd. At least it was better then the songs sang at the crystal pony season starter.

This is bizarre. A lot of the songs are doing more of the "we are singing what we are doing" type of thing. Like Raise This Barn. I find it odd because works with this similar style have been done before. But they worked better. Art of the Dress was one of them. Winter Wrap Up. Maybe it's because those songs sounded more like actual songs. Rather then "wooo another paragraph to sing about what we're doing" Hm.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hUhHRCRMOMw

Leaked season finale song.

I like it, its catchy. Then again Ive been fine with everything from episode 1.
02/12/2013 06:56 AMPosted by Eneria
I like it, its catchy. Then again Ive been fine with everything from episode 1.

It honestly feels like the only things so far I didn't like in this entire show was the Spike at Your Service episode and the current one. Tried explaining this to a friend.

Me: I KNOW it's a show for kids but I feel like I have to be a little critical of the show still
Him: That's fine. You're not being mean, just critical. You're a fan who wants to see what you care about grow and get better
Me: ...aww

Yeah this friend of mine is a "Spike" type of person. Not a Brony, not really a fan. But he's okay with me rambling for a bit if I have to.

My only real red flags for this season was the horrendous CGI in Spike at Your Service. I applaud them for doing something new. It just didn't match the look of the show at all.

The last episode. Games Ponies Play. It just bugged me that the characters acted dumber then usual. I'm sure the kids enjoyed it more then me. And I have to remember they have to be entertained first. Since the show isn't totally for older fans like us. It is and yet it's not. But I don't have time to ramble really.

The only thing I can really praise is the animation for Too Many Pinkies. And the song/character of Babs Seed. I hated her at first but she grew on me. I was very happy we got a little continuity when she visited again. I'd love to see if she gets her cutie mark and the girls have to deal with the possible sadness and envy of not getting theirs yet.

Those are my favorite and least favorites of the season so far. I have a feeling the next episode is just going to cause a storm of rage with the fans. People are still bickering about Twilight getting wings. Sheesh. If she acts the same and gets to grow as a character then fine. We don't get that too often in shows. I do hope this means we get more episodes of the other girls just so they don't feel overshadowed compared to a fricken princess.

Also 26ish episodes next time so HOPEFULLY this means they'll have more time to work on it. Season 3 is "so so" but a lot of the episodes scream "we ran out of time and could only fit so much into 22 minutes"
02/12/2013 08:54 AMPosted by Rosenivy
The last episode. Games Ponies Play. It just bugged me that the characters acted dumber then usual.

It's the "Got the wrong critic" episode, pretty much every show has it at least once. I do normally hate it because it's both predictable & annoying because it could all be solved by saying "Ah yes, you must be (Name here)" & when they say no, there you go, move to another story!

I know it took them 3 seasons to do it, but I still hate that "story" because it's been done a billion times. Even the "target" audience has seen it time & time again.
It's the "Got the wrong critic" episode, pretty much every show has it at least once. I do normally hate it because it's both predictable & annoying because it could all be solved by saying "Ah yes, you must be (Name here)" & when they say no, there you go, move to another story!

I know it took them 3 seasons to do it, but I still hate that "story" because it's been done a billion times. Even the "target" audience has seen it time & time again.

At least it's not the "Liar has been revealed so now we have to stop the movie to a screeching halt. Have a sad rap sounding song while people are mopey walking in the rain but then things get happy again" thing.
02/12/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Rosenivy
At least it's not the "Liar has been revealed so now we have to stop the movie to a screeching halt. Have a sad rap sounding song while people are mopey walking in the rain but then things get happy again" thing.

That's less common in cartoons. Every damn show has the "got the wrong one".
02/12/2013 09:39 AMPosted by Killercaitie
The last episode. Games Ponies Play. It just bugged me that the characters acted dumber then usual.

Has Spongebob did it(I recall a Health Inspector episode where they heard mention of an imposter making the think the Real Inspector was the fake until a photo of said fake showed up on TV)?
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/aurora-plushies-available-for-pre-order.html

I hate that I know I'm an impulse buyer. Especially online. Preordered one of the Rarity plushies. Wish it would get here quicker then June. I know it sounds weird considering I'm in my 20s but I thought it would just be cute to have something soft and cuddly since I'm going to be going through a lot of medical stuff. Hospitals suck no matter what age you are. Or getting catheters.....ugh. Yeah ow.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/aurora-plushies-available-for-pre-order.html

I hate that I know I'm an impulse buyer. Especially online. Preordered one of the Rarity plushies. Wish it would get here quicker then June. I know it sounds weird considering I'm in my 20s but I thought it would just be cute to have something soft and cuddly since I'm going to be going through a lot of medical stuff. Hospitals suck no matter what age you are. Or getting catheters.....ugh. Yeah ow.

Hey, age doesn't matter. I'm 40 and considering getting a custom Rainbow Dash plushie.
02/12/2013 12:20 PMPosted by Archpaladin
Has Spongebob did it(I recall a Health Inspector episode where they heard mention of an imposter making the think the Real Inspector was the fake until a photo of said fake showed up on TV)?

If I remember correctly they did it in reverse, where they had the real one & thought it was a fake.

Still the same concept, just backwards :P