Is there any reason to cast BoF ever?

Monk
Is there?

Like, it costs 2 chi, which could probably be better spent on BoK, PBrew, or Guard, and does okay damage- though if you're using it for the cleave, you'd probably be better off casting a SCK.

I'm not sure if I've missed something, but I just see zero reason to ever cast BoF once you hit level 90. At lower levels, sure, but at 90, is there any reason to ever use it?
Glyph it and lol during heroic dungeons!
SCK -> Grants 1 Chi if 3+ targets are hit
Keg Smash -> Grants 3 Chi
BoF -> Costs 2 Chi

If your defenses are fine, and you just want to burn (lol, a funny) stuff down, KS on C/D and SCK otherwise for building Chi, and spend it with BoF. That's what it's for. BoF is your AOE damage Chi Dump. SCK however, is a Chi-builder.
It needs to be redesigned.

A signature ability for a tank shouldn't hurt your survivability.
like i said glyphed it can help survivability on trash pulls
It needs to be redesigned.

A signature ability for a tank shouldn't hurt your survivability.

Indeed.

It should turn us into Dragons, too.
It's not a signature ability. Keg Smash is our signature ability. It's something we can choose to use when our survivability isn't in question. If I have >20 sec of Shuffle rolling, I'll start Breathing Fire for the extra damage.

It's not really that good of an ability anyway, since the dot doesn't work on bosses.

If you REALLY want to use it more regularly, spec into Leg Sweep. That'll give you a few seconds to get back the chi you just spent.
02/09/2013 12:07 PMPosted by Safiyr

Um... what?

Also: Glyphed on Lei Shi trash = brewmasters are GODS.
02/09/2013 02:44 PMPosted by Koneko

Um... what?

Holy snap, I never thought of that...
It helps in heroics/challenge modes/Lei Shi/Garalon/Vizier trash. That's about it.
02/09/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Meixie

Um... what?

Holy snap, I never thought of that...

Oh, and the little sha spawns on Tsulong. They never get a fear off if I'm tanking ^_^.
02/09/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Meixie
It's not a signature ability. Keg Smash is our signature ability.

Actually, that depends on your view of what a "signature ability" is. Breath of Fire and Drunken("Dizzying") Haze are the abilities Brewmasters had in WCIII:TFT that carried over.