Remove low lvl xmute cd?

Professions
02/10/2013 09:30 PMPosted by Higeki
Corruption is a one second global. I tab target everything within reach, they run to me, die at my feet and I loot. I've certainly made a case for being able to kill 800 mobs an hour since I can technically kill 600 mobs in just over ten minutes. 1200 mobs in 20 minutes. So that other 40 minutes would be the time spent moving to the other areas and time spent looting.

You know what keeps you from killing them fast enough... THE RESPAWN RATE. It doesn't matter what level you are, it doesn't matter how much skill you have, it doesn't matter how fast you press buttons. You can only kill them as fast as they respawn.
WotLK epic gems are the reason OP.
02/12/2013 07:19 PMPosted by Rubyheart
Except that it's not potential income, it's guaranteed. Going out and farming mobs hoping for random drops on the other hand, is not guaranteed to get you large amounts of gold.

It's guaranteed to net you more than 20g an hour.

Edit:
02/12/2013 10:06 PMPosted by Hwwii
WotLK epic gems are the reason OP.

This thread is only about low level transmutes, the vanilla essences.
02/12/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Nicholas
Corruption is a one second global. I tab target everything within reach, they run to me, die at my feet and I loot. I've certainly made a case for being able to kill 800 mobs an hour since I can technically kill 600 mobs in just over ten minutes. 1200 mobs in 20 minutes. So that other 40 minutes would be the time spent moving to the other areas and time spent looting.

You know what keeps you from killing them fast enough... THE RESPAWN RATE. It doesn't matter what level you are, it doesn't matter how much skill you have, it doesn't matter how fast you press buttons. You can only kill them as fast as they respawn.

I'd previously addressed the respawn rate in this very thread. I'm sorry you have trouble with reading comprehension.
02/10/2013 08:16 AMPosted by Marijua
So this morning I got my 2nd boa mace for the monk and went to enchant them. Ugh no Essence of Air in the gbank, guess I'll buy some. Oh wait, no I won't, there's none in the AH. Oh well, I got plenty of fire guess I'll just transmute them. Oh wait, no I won't, cuz for some reason there's a 24 hour cooldown still

Sounds like you just discovered an untapped market on your server. In order to keep markets strong, there has to be a limited supply of some things. Keeping EoA's on the cd ensure that the supply does not get out of hand...ie Unlimited xmutes on cata gems and mop gems.

Some things have to have worth and a sacrifice to make....just like LK epics. Which there are other ways to get LK epics besides xmutes, but keeping the Alchs from crashing an industry is key.

Just burn your xmute if it means that much to you...or plan ahead and shop before you need it.
Problem is, if there is no demand then the supply dries up since it becomes pointless to supply it, hence why there are no Essence of Air in my servers AH and haven't been since this post was created.
The one that doesn't make any sense to me is Truesilver....AFAIK that's not in a circle of goodies like the Essences, so I have no idea why it's still on cooldown (and more infuriatingly, why the tooltip does not WARN that it's going to blow your cooldown--at least tell me and not surprise me).

Yeah, still smarting about that one.
Iron to gold is also on the CD. But I can deal with that.

I still think there should be a separate CD for each expansion.

Is doing;
1 vanilla transmute and
1 TBC transmute and
1 wrath transmute and
1 cata transmute and
1 MOP

a day really that much of a money maker?

By all means keep a CD to prevent transmutaion is a circle (earth>water>air>fire>earth), but I fail to see why doing 1 single transmute from an expansion that was years ago should stop me from doing 1 single transmute from the current expansion, even if it has a CD on it like Living Steel.

The tooltips for some of the transmutes could do with actually telling you that it will use the CD. Pretty much only the MOP ones say "this can only be done daily" or some variation thereof to let you know it has a CD.
I'm glad I found this thread because this really annoyed me today. I have a bank guild full of old Vanilla rubbish. No point in AHing it, it just doesn't sell (there goes the theory about flooding the market - what market?). So, I thought I'd transmute it into something more useful that I could make some pets out of on an alt (and yes, then make some gold - not a lot, but some).

24 hr cooldown. That, oh wait, now stops my cooldown for the Vial of the Sands I was making myself. Geez, thanks.

I'm sorry but there is no market for these essences from Vanilla and BC. People are vendoring the stuff and the only reason why people like me have them is because we're compulsive hoarders.

I think it needs to go one step further than a separate CD for each xpac (although, that would be a nice starting point). Vanilla and BC content should be flat out CD free once you hit 80 and your profession hits 475 or 525. Clearly, you've exceeded the content. You'll only be going back to make stuff as needed. The days of making money from Primal Might are loooooong gone (which, incidentally, doesn't have a CD since patch 3.0.2 from memory).

All this does is again highlight the lack of effort and thought going into Alchemy.
02/27/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Aislinge
Vanilla and BC content should be flat out CD free once you hit 80 and your profession hits 475 or 525. Clearly, you've exceeded the content. You'll only be going back to make stuff as needed.

Clearly, you've ignored the entire thread. They'd go back for the free gold.
Vanilla and BC content should be flat out CD free once you hit 80 and your profession hits 475 or 525. Clearly, you've exceeded the content. You'll only be going back to make stuff as needed.

Clearly, you've ignored the entire thread. They'd go back for the free gold.

What free gold? If I transmute my Essence of Earth to Essence of Water (value 4s and value 4s) pray tell, where is the profit?

When, if YOU had read my post, you'd know there is NO market for either materials on any of the servers I am on. I have been *trying* to offload these damn essences for ages and no one will buy them. Hell, hardly anyone will buy the pets I can make from them, if I spend the next couple of months transmuting them.

So again, where's this gold rush? Especially in a game that, at level 90, gives you 20g per daily with no daily cap?

Watch how fast I go.... gotta get me some of this Vanilla gold rush... >.>
02/27/2013 09:36 PMPosted by Aislinge
What free gold? If I transmute my Essence of Earth to Essence of Water (value 4s and value 4s) pray tell, where is the profit?

transmute spec procs.

You didn't read the thread, this was discussed in detail. We said "Primals" instead of "Essences", but the principal is the same.

When, if YOU had read my post, you'd know there is NO market for either materials on any of the servers I am on.

Irrelevant, they can be vendored for guaranteed free gold.