So this Sha dude seems mighty popular...

New Player Help and Guides
He's all I hear about on every trade channel in every zone.

I'm guessing the reason he's so popular is because of the epic PvP gear that drops from him, right?

Anyways, my question is: what other ways besides turning in conquest points (and defeating Sha) are there to get epic PvP gear?

Ty.
And in case it wasn't obvious by epic PvP gear I mean S12 epics.
You can also turn in honour points that you earn from battlegrounds.
Currently to get the s12 pvp epics, drops from Sha and turning in conquest are the only ways to get them. When the next pvp season starts with 5.2 the s12 epics will get moved to honor points and the s13 epics will be from conquest.
He's all I hear about on every trade channel in every zone.

I'm guessing the reason he's so popular is because of the epic PvP gear that drops from him, right?

That's one reason, but not the only one. The Sha of Anger also drops epic PvE gear (tier sets). The first time you defeat him you can loot him for an quest turn-in for epic boots. He has a really small chance of dropping a mount. Plus he only takes 15 minutes or so to respawn after he dies, and and he's a fairly easy fight so PuGs form frequently for him.

His loot is all level 90 loot, but PuGs are often willing to accept a few level 88 and level 89s - just remember to run back after you die :-). You can keep any loot you get until you reach 90.

Anyways, my question is: what other ways besides turning in conquest points (and defeating Sha) are there to get epic PvP gear?

Ty.

Right now, there are no other ways to get epic PvP gear.
02/10/2013 02:34 PMPosted by Stormfrost
to get the s12 pvp epics, drops from Sha and turning in conquest are the only ways to get them.

These items can also be purchased from the Black Market Auction House.
02/10/2013 09:04 PMPosted by Nobully
to get the s12 pvp epics, drops from Sha and turning in conquest are the only ways to get them.

These items can also be purchased from the Black Market Auction House.

Oh? I didn't know that. that's good to know, although probably not out of the price range for most new players!