29s Readycheck COMPLETE! Games Feb. 17th!

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 17 18 19 26 Next
If we continue to get games on Sundays, I also plan on making more 29 twinks. Thinking of a monk or lock next.
My 'knowledge of the game' in this instance stems from spending the last 4 months playing 2v2/3v3 against other 29s while people like you refuse to even bother with them. Dak, Crypto, and Realkill all have paladins they've been playing as prot/ret.

While you've been pretending to be a BG hero in rated BGs, we've been playing our 29s, testing all classes/specs. Are Ret and Enhance great? I never said they were. I did say they were fine. They bring utility and damage, and a skilled player can make them work well.

Actually, I play other brackets including 20-24 which is the most closely resembling of 29's. You do not see one ret paladin in real world applications, which I had already mentioned.

When push comes to shove, Crypto plays prot and anyone who is willing to look at the damage that certain abilities do would switch from ret in a heartbeat also. If you think ret or enhance provides such great utility then why don't we see you out there on one? I thought so.

I'm the one person who would be honest enough with returning players to tell them what truly is viable and what is not. Or you can be out there like a retard recommending that people go to other specs that you don't even play.

Are they so terrible that no one should ever play them?

Yes, in their current state rets are terrible. Just ask the 3 prot pallies that regularly play for Alliance.

Please do us all a favor and keep your grand summaries to yourself, they are way off base as usual.
Prots, Spriest, Boomkin are the AS Hunters of MoP. If you play one, you know it's true. Can you please play something else?
02/25/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Imperialynx
Actually, I play other brackets including 20-24 which is the most closely resembling of 29's. You do not see one ret paladin in real world applications, which I had already mentioned.

It's the 20-24 bracket, hardly the pinnacle of class representation. It's also nowhere near the 29 bracket, regardless of who you think you are.

When push comes to shove, Crypto plays prot and anyone who is willing to look at the damage that certain abilities do would switch from ret in a heartbeat also. If you think ret or enhance provides such great utility then why don't we see you out there on one? I thought so.

Crypto switched to prot because he knows that prot is OP atm and would do better in pvp than rets. But he's also played ret and he agrees that ret is not nearly as bad as you make it out to be.

I don't have a paladin in any spec or any bracket, and I have no plans on making one.

The first night of games, I played my enhance shaman when the horde was down players and needed help, but I don't think you were there to see it. Not only that, but Roonwit was playing his Enhance all night for alliance last night.

Given the choice, I would gladly play Enhance or Ret (if I were interested in paladins). Clearly other people would too. Unfortunately, people like you come to the forums to spout nonsensical garbage which isn't even representative of reality.

So YOU don't like ret at the moment, and YOU don't feel like ret is good enough for You to play. Can you please explain to me how that has any bearing on what other people like or choose to play?

I'm the one person who would be honest enough with returning players to tell them what truly is viable and what is not. Or you can be out there like a retard recommending that people go to other specs that you don't even play.

But that's just it, it's not up to me or you to tell people what they can or cannot play. Likewise, it's not doing anyone any favors to tell them that X spec is trash and they are dumb for playing it. We might be struggling to get that 20th person for a game to pop and the one guy who might have queued on his ret or enhance shaman decided not to because YOU sat on the forums claiming they were trash.

Is that the kind of influence you want to be? The roadblock in getting people to come play games with us? Furthermore, what kind of a bracket would we have if everyone shunned the less powerful specs and only played the OP ones?

Oh that's right, we'd have games full of boomkins, spriests, and prot wars/paladins, sort of like we've had. Do you think it's a good idea to make games as uninteresting as humanly possible?

I don't, and true honesty is giving people the confidence to play something that might not be as popular.
My 'knowledge of the game' in this instance stems from spending the last 4 months playing 2v2/3v3 against other 29s while people like you refuse to even bother with them. Dak, Crypto, and Realkill all have paladins they've been playing as prot/ret.

While you've been pretending to be a BG hero in rated BGs, we've been playing our 29s, testing all classes/specs. Are Ret and Enhance great? I never said they were. I did say they were fine. They bring utility and damage, and a skilled player can make them work well.

Are they so terrible that no one should ever play them?

Yes, in their current state rets are terrible. Just ask the 3 prot pallies that regularly play for Alliance.

Please do us all a favor and keep your grand summaries to yourself, they are way off base as usual.

look, i realize you never play anything that's at all close to underpowered, but i'm sure ret is fine.
even if rets are not fine, this isn't the first time that a twink bracket has had an underpowered spec.

can u both shut up plz
02/25/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Nastaygurl
Prots, Spriest, Boomkin are the AS Hunters of MoP. If you play one, you know it's true. Can you please play something else?

:( But But i played an underpowered class all of cata
02/25/2013 08:22 PMPosted by Mintblend

:( But But i played an underpowered class all of cata

Guess you need to play another underpowered class and hopefully by the next expac it will be considered OP :P
SP were pretty crazy back in Cata. The only annoying thing was going oom so fast.
TLDR Willy likes to argue. GC keeps making himself look like feminine hygeine products and prot>ret. Dont roll Boomkin, Prot or shadow.

Think i got it all
Sup 29s, been a few years. Lost interest and started rolling 39s. Anyhow, just went through and updated a bunch of gear. I'm missing the GF'd legs, but other than that, should be good to go this Sunday. Would take constructive critisizm on build/gear...been awhile.

Youbeeze, better hurry back...think you needed to take a leave of absence after FC, Crypto and I rolled you guys up in 3's the other night.

Later - Astro
TLDR Willy likes to argue. GC keeps making himself look like feminine hygeine products and prot>ret. Dont roll Boomkin, Prot or shadow.

Think i got it all

Shut up kid

So YOU don't like ret at the moment, and YOU don't feel like ret is good enough for You to play. Can you please explain to me how that has any bearing on what other people like or choose to play?

If rets were playable, people would be playing on rets and not prots. Logic seems fairly solid to me. Keep manufacturing an argument.
feminine hygeine products

Think i got it all
games tonight?
Why is no one online?!

Also, this whole argument is dumb. GC, you might wanna just let this go since we all know that willy is just gonna keep arguing no matter what
http://oi52.tinypic.com/1zceayx.jpg
If rets were playable, people would be playing on rets and not prots. Logic seems fairly solid to me. Keep manufacturing an argument.

So if you see some rets in game this Sunday, you'll concede my point?

Interesting.
So how's that convo about getting people to not bring their excess Prots (ONE FC on each team), healers, Spriests and Boomkin out this Sunday coming along?

I don't think I'm alone in pretending that this is a legitimate way for a bracket to function. We can't wait around for Blizzard to fix this. We need to be proactive about it.

I have zero interest in returning Sundays and Tuesdays for the next 6 months for the game quality I witnessed this past Sunday.

call me maybe?
well considering my two toons are a warrior and boomkin i guess im screwed! Im going to have to wait for blizz to repair fury or piss you off.
02/27/2013 09:14 PMPosted by Nastaygurl
call me maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy!