Where are all of the enchanters?

Professions
Post Limit:
Is there a particular day and time enchanters like to work in MoP? I've been trying to get some items enchanted but I haven't been able to locate an enchanter. Where is the best meeting place?
Best way to get gear enchanted is to post exactly what you want in trade chat and state the amount of the tip you're willing to pay. If you want something done quickly give a great tip, else your risk spamming trade chat for hours to save you a few gold.

"LF enchanter for Jade Spirit, my mats, 300g tip"

I don't usually respond to trade chat queries as it's easier not to deal with peeps who don't have the mats, think I'm going to do it for free or supply them the mats, then stiff me with a 5g tip.
Great info. What would you consider an average tip? Good tip?
02/11/2013 06:21 AMPosted by Desmurde

Depends on what you are looking for. I dont respond to trade, i sell scrolls. The trainer enchants shouldnt need to much of a tip, but the rep ones id be prepared to offer 500gold at least. They take a lot of time to get and people might not be willing to trade their time for a small tip.
Have you tried the auction house?
02/11/2013 06:21 AMPosted by Desmurde

Its not uncommon for a mage to be looking for 50g for a port these days.

Step one is check the AH, unless its a high margin enchant you may well be better off buying a scroll and selling your mats, many scrolls are up with fairly low margins.

But your looking at the side effect of 5 years of people being to pay for a scroll and trolling trade. Virtually every enchanter has been trained to just ignore trade. I rescued some clueless noob because he was getting trolled for being clueless last week. But at least he was offering a fixed price(30g).

He did not know what he wanted, he did not have the mats, after linking the recipe for him he still brought the wrong mats, Even after he went back a 2nd time he still had the wrong mats but at least it was all extra so I just gave it back after I was done.

After 20! minutes he walked away happy and I got my 30g. It takes about 2 minutes to do a daily for 20g+valor+a charm...
pretty much what Priapion said, maybe add where you're at. "WTB Jade Spirit my mats, 300g @ SW Trade Dist"

don't even mention the word tip.
All my enchants are posted on the AH, normally from 6pm to 6am. In my experience, most of the individuals spamming trade are to cheap to pay the going rate for the enchant.
If you cant find what you are looking for in the Auction House, check your guild. Chances are a guild mate might be able to do the enchant.

For trade chat, you might find someone. But I don't sell in trade. To many people not willing to "tip" or want you to wait a long time for them to get the mats.
You're in a HUGE guild. I would hope that at least one of the 82 level 90 players in your guild is an enchanter with the enchant you are looking for.

You can look up what crafters in your guild can do via the Guild info window. Choose to sort by Profession, then look at Enchanters, and then you can click each player to see what Enchants they know.
... most of the individuals spamming trade are to cheap to pay the going rate for the enchant.
Pretty much this.^

My game time is more important to me than having you fumble for the wrong mats for 20 minutes. I've also had issues with peeps not paying an agreed upon fee, not a tip, but a fee for the service. Mussy's AH Services, now that's where it's at.
Ditto what others have said. I'll watch trade and then post what they are looking for in the AH but I'll not deal directly. Too much wasted time.
I don't mind so much not receiving a decent tip (although many others do of course). But what's annoying is when someone is after an enchant, and they don't have the mats. Which is most of the time apparently. You'll then spend a quarter of an hour waiting around while they run backwards and forward to the auction house, logging on and off alts to get gold to buy those mats. Just irritating. So always make sure to get the mats, and emphasis you have them all when you ask on trade.
02/14/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Greer
I don't mind so much not receiving a decent tip (although many others do of course). But what's annoying is when someone is after an enchant, and they don't have the mats. Which is most of the time apparently. You'll then spend a quarter of an hour waiting around while they run backwards and forward to the auction house, logging on and off alts to get gold to buy those mats. Just irritating. So always make sure to get the mats, and emphasis you have them all when you ask on trade.

I never expect a tip when dealing with trade chat, on the rare occasions I bother, it is because I am in a good mood. But what really annoys me is the individuals looking for an enchanter or looking for someone to post their patterns.

You know what you are looking for, ASK FOR IT. The enchanters know what they can do and can find the materials for Pandereans Step a lot faster then you can. If you just want to see whats available, go look up Wowhead.
02/11/2013 06:07 AMPosted by Desmurde
Is there a particular day and time enchanters like to work in MoP? I've been trying to get some items enchanted but I haven't been able to locate an enchanter. Where is the best meeting place?

Waves at the OP
hard to find one, people tipping 5g and the fact our raw mats in dungeons are the only ones split between the group makes many enchanters works ah scrolls only and for good reason since our profit rockets that way
02/11/2013 06:07 AMPosted by Desmurde

Enchanters don't have to hawk their services on street corners in Stormwind any more since they've been able to sell scrolls on the AH. Are there no scrolls in your server's auction house?
02/18/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Barnabyjones
hard to find one, people tipping 5g and the fact our raw mats in dungeons are the only ones split between the group makes many enchanters works ah scrolls only and for good reason since our profit rockets that way

Enchanters mats come from other professions like jewelcrafting, tailoring, or leatherworking.

The drops in dungeons are vendor trash whose value can occasionally be increased by an enchanter, which keeps the price of shards from current content cheap enough for enchanters to profit from.