Monks and PVP

Ravenholdt
I've love monks in PVE and have decided to start taking PVP more seriously with the class. So far as a Wind Walker I think the class is great.....until I get rooted/feared. This is the biggest weakness for the entire class I believe. We have no real defense against this.
I don't think it needs to be 'fixed' ...yet, but I do wonder what other monks think of PVP, and if they might have some tactics to counter these effects.

Thoughts?

Please note that 'Don't pvp with monks' is not the info I am looking for

/highpaw :3
Well, you do have Tiger's Lust, Roll to break snares (via PvP bonus), and in 5.2 you'll have a Nimble Brew baseline.

"Nimble Brew removes all stun, fear, and root effects, and reduces the duration of those effects if they are reapplied by 60% for 6 seconds. It has a 2 minute cooldown."

: )
ah!.....I suppose I could have used the old noodle to read a bit more rather than snacking on it. Thanks!
I've love monks in PVE and have decided to start taking PVP more seriously with the class. So far as a Wind Walker I think the class is great.....until I get rooted/feared. This is the biggest weakness for the entire class I believe. We have no real defense against this.
I don't think it needs to be 'fixed' ...yet, but I do wonder what other monks think of PVP, and if they might have some tactics to counter these effects.

Thoughts?

Please note that 'Don't pvp with monks' is not the info I am looking for

/highpaw :3

Play with an hpally and fears are just a thing that exist and you have to deal with like everyone else, but dks of course.