Please Fix the MINIFERNAL

Pet Battles
Blizzard, please fix this spawn rate or eliminate it from the Safari Achievement.

Cross Realm Zones and it's possible nonexistance are making everyone miserable

thanks
Unfortunately, Blizzard is happy with the spawn rate on the minfernal and doesn't see an issue with it. In fact, they're "fixing" the scourged whelpling spawn rate to match it.

I've come across numerous scourged whelplings outside of a restart. I've seen 1 Minfernal outside of a restart.
02/11/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Xandrial
I've come across numerous scourged whelplings outside of a restart. I've seen 1 Minfernal outside of a restart.

I've managed to catch two rare whelpings(even "farming" them one evening to try for undead stones)

the one minfernal I have was uncommon after a server restart.

I've yet to see another Minfernal even spawn, and this is checking it on a weekly basis.
Guys - I look a little silly, but one hour after making this post, I got a minifernal.

After weeks of sitting over the spawn area, i started clearing the zone. Not the whole zone, but first time I would start north and clear my way to the middle spawn area, then id start south.

maybe its superstition, but perhaps if you clear non minifernals, it allows new battle pets to spawn. I will believe the reason i got one waas the half zone clear method
Glad you finally got one. :)
Grats on getting it. I think Blizz needs to consider using other metrics of pets beyond programmed spawn rates. This many months in and the place almost never clear of people camping it.

My minfernal speaks portuguese and just raided my bank for a costume for Carnival.
If you are still struggling on minfernal go read the wowhead comments you can find a work around.
02/11/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Scriptcha
but perhaps if you clear non minifernals, it allows new battle pets to spawn.

If you clear other pets long enough, a minfernal will spawn.
If you kill mobs in the spawn area long enough, a minfernal will spawn.
If you take off your character's armor and have it dance long enough, a minfernal will spawn.
If you take off your clothes and dance long enough, a minfernal will spawn.

The reality is, these things are on a very slow timer, and nothing you do will change that. There have always (since Wrath, anyway) been some achievements that reward persistence, and this is one of them.
I enjoyed trying to capture this and the Scourged Whelpling. Its kinda like when a zone drop pet that finally shows up after 1000 kills and you know you had to work for it, makes the achievement of getting it so much better.

What pet are you going to always remember getting? The easy ones or the ones it took quite a bit of research and time and tactics to get?

My Minfernal and Scourged Whelplings will always be remembered for how and when they were finally captured.

Do I remember a single pet battle for a turtle in MoP? Nope!
I just now got my minfernal, now that I have it I am willing to tell the secrete how i got it...wait for it...

Make a death knight on "The Venture Co" this a medium pop realm that HAS NO CRZ!!! that's right, Venture Co is free of the burdens put on us by cross realm zones! my Minfernal will testify to you on how good it is to farm it there :D
Hate how CRZ messes with things.

I flew to Felwood via flight path earlier. I counted at least three Minfernals when I flew over it's area. When I landed though, it put me on another server and the minfernals were gone.

Ugh...
I have 2 Minfernals and they _can_ be gamed. I've posted about it plenty enough.

You have to kill/battle other critters in the area. and by Area I mean Felwood. It's easier if you have 2 people, I've helped 3 people get Minfernals by them staying at the Minfernal area and I go around killing capturable critters in Felwood.

All 3 people have gotten a Minfernal within an hour.