Patch TOO SOON

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
02/11/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Elbeghast
If our estimate changes we'll let you know.

How about you give us an estimate first. We will go from there. Until then,shut it,blue.

They did provide an estimate... hence this thread exists...

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8608452/Preparing_to_Kill_a_King-2_11_2013
02/11/2013 01:49 PMPosted by Bomdanil
but if you haven't cleared normal T14 by now you are a mediocre guild.

Less than 30% of guilds have cleared T14. Please have at least some perspective on things before commenting, doubly so when you very ignorantly claim that ~90% of the world's raiding guilds are just scrubs who need to "try harder" or give up raiding. I don't normally do the armoury thing, but that you are being so critical of the skills of guilds who dwarf both your heroic and normal progression just makes your comments even more ridiculous than they were already. The only thing more ridiculous in all of this is the number of LFR only players who are clamouring for T15 content like they've accomplished something and are ready for more.

So in one paragraph, you hold up the % of guilds that have cleared normal T14 as somehow statistically relevant (eg. How many of those are still actively trying? How many give up until the flood of new gear makes it more accessible?) ... and at the same time, crap on LFR players and their "accomplishments" as meaningless.

Really? Sorry it doesn't hit your specific sweet spot.

I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere: Assuming the encounters aren't buggy, the timing is perfect.

People always cite BC as the golden age, when many guilds were confronted with multiple raid tiers of progression at the same time. People are never satisfied.

Better to have more than less. I'm glad Blizzard learned this lesson. Besides, if not for the new raid coming out, they would just be applying their escalating nerf to MSV, HoF and ToES anyway. Same difference with higher iLevel gear becoming available.
This community cracks me up!!.. For the past few months you have all be complaining how bored you are, and sick of doing dalies.. Now they announce new content in the next few weeks, and you complain again!!! I have a feeling that no matter what time frame they announced you would still complain....

And you can still do all the stuff you "have" to do after 5.2 comes out....

Unbelievable.
02/11/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Elbeghast
How about you give us an estimate first. We will go from there. Until then,shut it,blue.

02/11/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Bashiok
The estimate for the end of this month is still just an estimate

I guess too "hard of understanding" to remember reading the whole post?
02/11/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Bashiok
Re: Recruitment, you may want to try using the in-game /guildfinder tool, as well as your realm forum. The [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2187372/"]Raid and Guild Leadership forum[/url] is also a good place to seek advice on recruitment, and I'm sure some others here may also have recommendations on how to best focus your recruitment efforts.

You are awfully dismissive and, perhaps, naive with this response. I do the recruitment for a pretty successful HM guild and I hate having to recruit people because it means spending all day fighting other recruiters to bump posts. When the Jetsons are playing WoW in the future they will having flying cars and robot maids but I'm sure they will still be having to bump posts in the recruitment forum. The in game tools are great for new players to find guilds. For competitive HM progression, though, the talent pool on anything but the biggest and best servers is too small and you are trying to get someone to server transfer and that tool is useless. You guys could do something so people looking for guilds could go into a DB searchable by class/spec, playtimes, etc. but you won't.

I'm pretty irate atm and just venting but I wish you'd give us more than TWO WEEKS notice sometimes. TWO WEEKS??? Used to give us a month or two. Thanks for nothing.

I'm not aware of ever providing a month or two, we generally don't know a patch release date until a couple weeks at most before it's released. The estimate for the end of this month is still just an estimate, and could very well move.

Patch releases are dependent on many factors, not the least of which is testing and bug fixing. When we can we like to be able to give a couple weeks heads up so you can plan, and specifically prepare for currency down-conversions, as well as PvP season changes when applicable. In the past we've become a little shy about providing a heads up because if and when dates slip there's been a strong negative reaction. I think we're at a place though where the majority of people understand release dates can and do slip, and are at least appreciative of being informed.

Firstly, you didn't give us an estimate. You said two weeks - that is a firm date. But now it is an estimate? That is worse than short notice, to be given short notice then walk it back as an estimate. Now I have no idea what to expect, the patch could drop at any time after two weeks? Further, you just seem to dismiss or gloss over the complaint that, because of the number of bosses on this tier most people are still working on clearing it. You guys just put up a notice saying you were testing the daily area through the Feb 22nd and now you are saying to expect the patch on Feb 26th. I can accept that I might not get all the bosses I had wanted to because some of them gave me trouble but to miss them because you didn't give enough notice for people to make better use of their time makes me angry. The way you dismiss the issue even more so.
There are 16 bosses you have to clear on normal and then heroic, recruiting is hard enough since you changed your recruitment forums years back to be a giant clusterf* and to top it off, HOLIDAYS that maybe didn't matter when we were younger but now that we're not - we can't skip em anymore.

I'm pretty irate atm and just venting but I wish you'd give us more than TWO WEEKS notice sometimes. TWO WEEKS??? Used to give us a month or two. Thanks for nothing.

Holidays that didn't matter when you were a kid matter now that you aren't? Like what? Explain that one if you can, I doubt you can though.

As to a month notice, never happened. Most of the time we don't get any warning at all.

Talk out your !@#$ a little bit more kid.

Some of us have kids that we didn't have when the game came out. Maybe you're 18 now but I'm far from that and I wasn't that young when the game was released. I like this game a lot and asking for an extra month doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I am not the 1%. I also know that a lot of guilds may never clear content before the next tier. It's happened again and again. Heck, my guild never got passed 7 bosses in Naxx before BC and called it quits. I've raided the 7 days a week and logged on at weird hours before and it's really hard to get out of that mindset. I wish I could again. At the same time, I don't.

Anyways, I still think Feb 26th is still too soon regardless of how many 16/16H players post in this thread.
02/11/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Orises
Re: Recruitment, you may want to try using the in-game /guildfinder tool, as well as your realm forum. The [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/2187372/"]Raid and Guild Leadership forum[/url] is also a good place to seek advice on recruitment, and I'm sure some others here may also have recommendations on how to best focus your recruitment efforts.

You are awfully dismissive and, perhaps, naive with this response. I do the recruitment for a pretty successful HM guild and I hate having to recruit people because it means spending all day fighting other recruiters to bump posts. When the Jetsons are playing WoW in the future they will having flying cars and robot maids but I'm sure they will still be having to bump posts in the recruitment forum. The in game tools are great for new players to find guilds. For competitive HM progression, though, the talent pool on anything but the biggest and best servers is too small and you are trying to get someone to server transfer and that tool is useless. You guys could do something so people looking for guilds could go into a DM searchable by class/spec, playtimes, etc. but you won't.

I'm not aware of ever providing a month or two, we generally don't know a patch release date until a couple weeks at most before it's released. The estimate for the end of this month is still just an estimate, and could very well move.

Patch releases are dependent on many factors, not the least of which is testing and bug fixing. When we can we like to be able to give a couple weeks heads up so you can plan, and specifically prepare for currency down-conversions, as well as PvP season changes when applicable. In the past we've become a little shy about providing a heads up because if and when dates slip there's been a strong negative reaction. I think we're at a place though where the majority of people understand release dates can and do slip, and are at least appreciative of being informed.

Firstly, you didn't give us an estimate. You said two weeks - that is a firm date. But now it is an estimate? That is worse than short notice, to be given short notice then walk it back as an estimate. Now I have no idea what to expect, the patch could drop at any time after two weeks? Further, you just seem to dismiss or gloss over the complaint that, because of the number of bosses on this tier most people are still working on clearing it. You guys just put up a notice saying you were testing the daily area through the Feb 22nd and now you are saying to expect the patch on Feb 26th. I can accept that I might not get all the bosses I had wanted to because some of them gave me trouble but to miss them because you didn't give enough notice for people to make better use of their time makes me angry. The way you dismiss the issue even more so.

You do know that Blizzard frowns on trolling in threads?
No, the best length for a raid tier should be entirely dependent on how many bosses there are.

10 months of DS, 1 year of ICC = too long.

5 months of MSV/4 months of HoF Terrace, 4 months of Ulduar = too short.

7 months of BoT/BWD/TFW = perfect.

I'll just throw my opinion in there and say I agree with this.

I run a six hour a week raid. We're decent enough, we clear heroic content, we chill. As a group we have been raiding since Cataclysm, but a lot of us raided together through Wrath as well.

As the above poster said, five months for sixteen bosses is too short. This is especially true if you factor in the Xmas break, and also the usual new expansion recruitment, gearing up, people changing mains, and so on and so forth. The content isn't all that hard, but we spent a lot more time in Vaults than I would have thought because of the need for gear, and for people to get used to playing with each other. We also spent three nights (which in a two night raid translates to three weeks) on Elegon. It was a good fight, but it required a bit of time spent on it. There are people I know who have gotten stuck on Garalon similarly--and though it didn't happen to us, we also didn't do what has been popular, which is buy an run through Fear and Terrace from a more progressed guild to unlock everything.

I guess what I mostly don't understand, however, is given that there was a desire to wait on releasing Firelands in Cata because not enough people had finished the first teir, how this now means that even less time and three to four extra bosses in Mists first teir translates into getting two months less time to complete it?

Strange philosophy. But, in honesty, if I had another two to three months, I'd be happy.
You can have as long as you want.... 5.2 coming out has no bearing on your personal goals.....just play 5.2 content a month later....

Holidays that didn't matter when you were a kid matter now that you aren't? Like what? Explain that one if you can, I doubt you can though.

As to a month notice, never happened. Most of the time we don't get any warning at all.

Talk out your !@#$ a little bit more kid.

Some of us have kids that we didn't have when the game came out. Maybe you're 18 now but I'm far from that and I wasn't that young when the game was released. I like this game a lot and asking for an extra month doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I am not the 1%. I also know that a lot of guilds may never clear content before the next tier. It's happened again and again. Heck, my guild never got passed 7 bosses in Naxx before BC and called it quits. I've raided the 7 days a week and logged on at weird hours before and it's really hard to get out of that mindset. I wish I could again. At the same time, I don't.

Anyways, I still think Feb 26th is still too soon regardless of how many 16/16H players post in this thread.
This community cracks me up!!.. For the past few months you have all be complaining how bored you are, and sick of doing dalies.. Now they announce new content in the next few weeks, and you complain again!!! I have a feeling that no matter what time frame they announced you would still complain....

And you can still do all the stuff you "have" to do after 5.2 comes out....

Unbelievable.

Or you could realize that the "community" represents a small minority of the player base that actually posts on this forum at any give time.

The people that are posting on this subject may not be the same people that post on other subjects.
02/11/2013 10:41 AMPosted by Kelvv
Seriously, Blizzard, don't you know you're supposed to please everyone all the time?

I'm sure if they offered Waffles and Toast all the problems would dissipate.

/HighPaw

no i don't like waffles i want pancakes...LOL
Glad I"m a light casual Raid Finder player, I already got my fix on raiding content, no need for heroic gear Item Level.

For all of you that want your normal and heroic mode content, please stick to the program.

You don't just come late to the race and expect to get ahead of it, this is not a racing game, this is a MMO, well documented where we get to know it's progression and development way in advance, anyone expecting to complete normal and heroic raiding content should know to plan accordingly.

First World problems...
02/11/2013 02:13 PMPosted by Makku
You can have as long as you want.... 5.2 coming out has no bearing on your personal goals.....just play 5.2 content a month later....

And that will effect their recruitment because players will want to be in T15 and not T14. As much as I enjoyed the linear progression in BC, it lead to guild poaching and quite a bit of drama.
16/16n 6/16H, check, 4set t14 bonus, check, sha touched wpn, check, ready for the THunder, CHECK! :D
02/11/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Rivellana
1) Does it matter where I personally am in terms of my tier 14 raid progression? No.

When you're insulting the capabilities and skills of others? Yes, yes it does actually matter. It's all well and good being an egotistical !@#$%^ when you have the wherewithall and skill to support being an egotistical -*!@#$, but when you're talking smack about people with better progression as if they're trash with your level of progression? Yeah no.

2) Do I have to have 16/16H completed to want to enter the next tier of raid progression? No

No, you don't. However, if you were 16/16H you'd be more justified in asking for more content since you would have actually seen some of it. Regardless of that, whether or not A guild has cleared 16/16h isn't really the point. The point is that this was a massive tier and they're not giving a reasonable amount of time to allow guilds to progress through before funneling them all into the next tier. The argument isn't "don't release T15", the argument is "release T15 at a reasonable time", and considering the innumerous amount of testing they have left to do with the raids that's not exactly unreasonable.

2) Will I still be able to run tier 14 to gear up and progress when patch 5.2 comes out? Yes

No, you won't, because T14 won't be progression content, it will be obsolete content, so "progression" will not occur if you run T14 (words mean things, don't abuse them).

ill be sure to respond in like manner.

I'm sure that'll be fun for someone.
Yeah it's WAY TOO SOON. Faster content means faster when they are FEW bosses like in Dragon Soul. Yes we are 15/16H on a 2-day a week raid schedule, but to get that takes EXTREME preparation and some talent.

Less than 100 US guilds have beaten heroic Sha 10 and 25player combined.

16 bosses is ridiculous anyway and the bane of players who don't want to play x4days a week or more. Add that to the dailies ridiculous sillyness and you can see why people feel overwhelmed by the 30hour a week job you've set before them to explore their favorite game fully.

I love this game, but you guys do not seem in touch with your players. PTR is always VERY unstable, I have difficulty believing it was anything but a typo to say end of February.
5 months for a tier with 16 bosses is way too quick. 6 or 7 months would've been way more reasonable. I'm not even counting the major holidays we've had in between.

Of course we also don't wanna go back to DS and ICC 1 year tiers.