Aliens Colonial Marines

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Anyone else looking forward to this game? I have high expectations for it but I also won't be surprised if it sucks lol.
It's on the radar. Mainly interested in it for a Friday-night-gaming-after-one-gets-home-from-the-bars game. Needless to say, this will involve the 360, which I'm not personally thrilled with, but most of my gaming/drinking buddies are computer eye-literates.

Keeping an eye out for launch day reviews and maybe a week after for the thing to sink in. It looks interesting, but...well...keeping an eye out. It could be great or a complete lashup. Have to wait and see.
Been waiting for it for years. I'm excited.

I just want to play a Alien online. Knock out all the lights. And spam the hiss button if we have them. What you could do in the old AVP pc game. It would just freak people out if you were good at hiding.
I just pick up my copy today. I've already read some terrible reviews though about the game :( sigh. This won't stop me from playing it though.

02/11/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Rosenivy
I just want to play a Alien online. Knock out all the lights. And spam the hiss button if we have them. What you could do in the old AVP pc game. It would just freak people out if you were good at hiding.

I also want to do this! I miss doing this haha was a lot of fun hearing my friends over TS freaking out lol.
02/12/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Vashnek
I just pick up my copy today. I've already read some terrible reviews though about the game :( sigh. This won't stop me from playing it though.

I saw a few of those too. I haven't even opened my copy yet just because those reviews kind of discouraged me. Waited for years for this game. And if it's bad I don't really want to feel that disappointing sting.
Taking into account the success rate of previous "Aliens" I hope you weren't surprised by the bad reviews.
I'm going to wait and see how it is first. Considering the last Alien movie I enjoyed was Aliens (hated 3 and Resurrection, haven't seen Prometheus yet)...and the last Aliens-based game I played that I enjoyed was on the Commodore 64...I'm not that optimistic.
Initial reviews popping up on f13 have me very leery at this point.

Doesn't look good, but still watching for developments...
My biggest gripe is the graphics. Maybe I'm spoiled by modern graphics of BF3 and CoD, but I feel like old timers such as Doom3 do better job at animations and stuff. Graphics in this game would have been ground breaking if this was 2004, but definitely not 2013.... I am not sure why they didn't go with same graphics as they did in AvP2010 which were much creepier and livelier if you may.
gotta say, not hearing a lot of good things about this game.
After having play it myself guys, I have to say I'm upset I preordered the collectors edition.

I loved the movies, and the actual game was fun enough that I'm happy I bought it, but overall it really isn't that good of a game for those who know nothing about the aliens franchise.
02/12/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Hixson
My biggest gripe is the graphics. Maybe I'm spoiled by modern graphics of BF3 and CoD, but I feel like old timers such as Doom3 do better job at animations and stuff. Graphics in this game would have been ground breaking if this was 2004, but definitely not 2013.... I am not sure why they didn't go with same graphics as they did in AvP2010 which were much creepier and livelier if you may.

It's funny that you mention Doom 3 lol. I felt a familiar Doom 3 feeling when I was checking out some of the textures.

I think that the 2010 AVP game had better graphics than this new one.
I bought and played this yesterday and let's just say. I'll be returning it tomorrow. Quite disappointed. I spent more time killing other things than Aliens.
well... My brother and I are Aliens fan after beating the game all we can say is.... Weak campaign and story problems; dated graphics; glitches and lack of polish. gearbox has once again ruin another good gaming...
Console FPS

^ This is all that needs to be stated, really. I knew this game would be terrible when all the dev videos showed them playing on consoles with pads. Foresight is 20/20 in my case. This is what happens when you develop FPS games for consoles. What killed AvP2010 was more to do with the fact they made it "DLC - The Game" and didn't have dedicated servers released on day 1.
More and more info is trickling out and it ain't pretty.

This one is a dead issue to me now.

Stay away. Stay far away...
I have to say it was kind of cool to see familiar places from the movie recreated in the game...
i heard the game was a scam, anyone confirm or deny this?
02/14/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Masturjiraya
i heard the game was a scam, anyone confirm or deny this?

Pretty sure it's a real game, it's just that word of mouth says it's a really really badly made game.

Haven't tried it myself, pretty sure I don't want to pay $60 just to find out.

Every game review I've seen on it says it's pretty bad and those are the ones being nice, the nasty reviews are just vicious

and then of course there is this

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/02/13
I had a bad feeling about this game when I saw the commercial for it on T.V. Unfortunately it appears that my hunch was correct so far.