Gear Idea for Random BGs

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
02/11/2013 10:26 PMPosted by Calloffruity
You missed the point entirely..

Maybe you missed my point... I think both options are ridiculous. gearing up, while it may be painful, is so quick and easy.
02/11/2013 10:28 PMPosted by Dz
Honestly this is a great idea, the point of a video game is to have fun right? So why not make a leveled plain in BGs in order for ever team to have a fighting chance no matter who is on the other end.

Or, you could keep things the way they are as it has been for years.
Everyone made it out fine in the end, and learned some lessons.

And no, Jugaa.
Your point didn't have much of a strong backbone.

I will agree with you on what you said above-
Gearing is quick and easy.

If so - Then why such the big deal about balancing it, if it's so easy?

Fresh level 90's who just started playing in MoP are NOT going to jump in and learn everything about PvP. It will take many times getting one shotted, stomped, trolled, etc.

Your idea wouldn't be so bad if it was implemented to a state where it wasn't forced upon everyone - What if malevolent geared people LIKE to wreck the new kids, maybe as a breather from grinding RBG's?
I'm saying: Have a bracket that's carebear, and then have another one the side where geared can wreck the ungeared.

The latter will undoubtedly be more popular among most people.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Balance won't happen.
02/11/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Calloffruity
Then why such the big deal about balancing it, if it's so easy?

I said I would rather this than that. Did not start this thread trying to balance pvp. I am all for it staying the same way. The other two are the ones who are trying to balance it.
and then have another one the side where geared can wreck the ungeared.

I've been on both sides as I'm sure many have, and I don't find destroying people who have no chance very fun. Maybe for the first few bgs but it gets boring camping their graveyard especially when it's because of a gear difference.

And i'm not out to 'balance pvp', not once did I say I wanted to balance pvp. I said I want to make randoms less terrible and more about fun while gearing up, not dreading randoms while gearing up, doing it as fast as possible and never doing randoms again.
Let's put it this way, Jugaa. Since you and I are in somewhat of an agreement now, let's look at things from your perspective. This is not aimed toward you - Just to show everyone else something.

You're a fully geared destro lock. 61% resilience, 48% power.
Your chaos bolts hit those freshies in excess of 140k, right?
That's why those geared people are in randoms.

Hey, and the word is out that you get a new PvE trinket when 5.2 hits.
It's + However much intellect, and then grants you 100% critical strike rating for ten or so seconds.
Since [Chaos Bolt] always crits, and any crit rating left over attributes to chaos bolt's damage..

Think of how much fun that will be next patch.

Looks like warlocks will be using PvE trinkets in PvP again.
Fresh level 90's who just started playing in MoP are NOT going to jump in and learn everything about PvP. It will take many times getting one shotted, stomped, trolled, etc.

They're not just getting stomped and one shotted because they're bad though.. they're getting annihilated because they have no gear and no chance even IF they were decent at the game. How is that fair and fun? It's not.
02/11/2013 09:51 PMPosted by Softhoof
this is a horrible idea
QFT Suggested several times already; inherently awful idea for reasons I have stated many times.
02/12/2013 02:27 AMPosted by Linax
Pretty much all I see when I see these ilvl bracket threads pop up.

Except this is a thread to normalize stats on gear, I'm the one who brought up the ilvl, but I despise both ideas tbh.
Gear normalization is a terrible idea... WoW is based on progression for a good reason (getting the best gear is obtained by winning, so it serves as an incentive to actually win matches). Gear normalization would remove this incentive for many players, thus resulting in BGs becoming mindless death matches.

Item level brackets is a separate idea that would still provide an incentive to gear up (which would still be accomplished by winning). This idea would work as long as queue times were not significantly affected. I would personally define "significant" as something in the 6-9 minute range.
I'm not asking for gear normalization in things that matter (rated bgs, arena, etc), I'm asking for it in random bgs where things do NOT matter. Random BGs are for fun/gearing up, don't understand why making it an equal fight in random BGs is such a hated idea. Unless of course you're the one enjoying beating on people who have no chance, not because of their skill, but because of their gear.

Just to make it clear again, this is for RANDOM BATTLEGROUNDS ONLY. Not Rated BGs or Arena.

02/12/2013 02:27 AMPosted by Linax
"OMG, I can't PvE and then go destroy people in PvP.

This is also not about a PvEr wanting to be equal in bgs in their pve gear, cause I am definitely not that big of a PvEr, random heroic maybe once a month. It's about making it more enjoyable to gear up an alt that you want to pvp with, and allowing you to actually able to contribute to your random bg team instead of being a total waste of space in fresh 90 gear. Even the crafted resil gear is a waste of time.

(getting the best gear is obtained by winning, so it serves as an incentive to actually win matches)

Also you can get the 'best' gear in random bgs by losing, because you still get honor for losing. So there's no reason to point that out in this thread since this is only about random BGs and honor gear, not about the best (conquest) gear.
This is a stupid idea. Only stupid people support it. Smart people that thought this would be a good idea aren't playing WoW, they are playing MOBAs.
02/12/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Caxian
I'm asking for it in random bgs where things do NOT matter.
May not matter to you, but they clearly matter to a lot of players. Again awful idea.

02/12/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Caxian
Also you can get the 'best' gear in random bgs by losing, because you still get honor for losing. So there's no reason to point that out in this thread since this is only about random BGs and honor gear, not about the best (conquest) gear.
If you had a shred of credibility you lost it with this statement. Honor gear is not the best gear... it is by design the 2nd best gear (well 3rd best if you consider elite gear).
Do people actually enjoy grinding honor when they first hit 90 and are fighting against fully geared players? Sure sounds like you guys enjoy being useless in a BG or being destroyed every time you get near someone else. Or maybe you guys just AFK BGs to grind your honor?
02/12/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Kiaransali
May not matter to you, but they clearly matter to a lot of players.

Random BGs do not give you a rating or any sort. They don't matter in that sense. However they do matter if you want to queue for something fun. Being annihilated because of your gear and only your gear is not fun. Is it fun to you?
02/12/2013 10:13 AMPosted by Caxian
Random BGs do not give you a rating or any sort. They don't matter in that sense. However they do matter if you want to queue for something fun. Being annihilated because of your gear and only your gear is not fun. Is it fun to you?
Stop applying your reasons to do BGs or tell us what matters... it is about as annoying as religious people going door to door and trying to push their beliefs on you. People do BGs for many reasons, at all gear levels and all skill levels. That is part of what "random" means.
02/12/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Caxian
Sure sounds like you guys enjoy being useless in a BG or being destroyed every time you get near someone else.

There are many reasons people are useless in BGs but gear disparity is rarely one of them. It kind of sounds like you are just bitter about being bad at PvP and want Oblizzard to come to your rescue.
02/12/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Kiaransali
Stop applying your reasons to do BGs or tell us what matters

I asked you is it fun to lose to someone because of your gear. Is it fun to you? Simple question.

02/12/2013 10:17 AMPosted by Geezushkrist
It kind of sounds like you are just bitter about being bad at PvP and want Oblizzard to come to your rescue.

Yes, clearly I am bad at this game for wanting to have more fun in random bgs on my fresh 90 alts while gearing up and not hit like a wet noodle for 3-4 weeks until I get my t1 weap, and not get hit for 200k because I just hit 90 and have no resil. Clearly.
02/12/2013 10:27 AMPosted by Caxian
Yes, clearly I am bad at this game for wanting to have more fun in random bgs on my fresh 90 alts while gearing up and not hit like a wet noodle for 3-4 weeks until I get my t1 weap, and not get hit for 200k because I just hit 90 and have no resil. Clearly.

At least you aren't in denial.
02/12/2013 07:23 AMPosted by Kiaransali
Gear normalization would remove this incentive for many players, thus resulting in BGs becoming mindless death matches.

This! For many, the grind is the only reason they might even try to do anything other than smash buttons fighting on the roads.