What happend to Ravenholdt????

Ravenholdt
I took alittle a break for 7 months and I come back and this server seems so dead when i remembered it to be more alive...even tradechat was alive back then and now its dead...did everyone just get up and leave this place?
Its like a week and a half until 5.2 hits, ATM people are basically just done with the current content. 5.1 didn't add any new raids and we've been in the same season since launch, so after everybody finished their share of the new dailies it has died down a little.

Just like the end of expansion lull that people constantly misinterpret for the game dying, right before major content patches hit people aren't really doing anything.
02/12/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Fluffymùffin
I took alittle a break for 7 months and I come back and this server seems so dead when i remembered it to be more alive...even tradechat was alive back then and now its dead...did everyone just get up and leave this place?

Yeah most of them did. Although I'm sure we're all using the "They'll be back next patch" line.
I have been invited to transfer here, but making a DK to get some gold and a bit of a feel for the server. Will probably delete it and make regular characters anyway.

A bit of background. Retired and loving the game, mostly into the rp aspect. Tired of CRZ, heard this was free of that nonsense. I will be looking to create or join a blood elf House type guild. Friends may or may not be coming. Depends on the reactions I get from rpers.

I am not as good at pvp as I would like to be. Seems to be a lot of aggression and ganking/camping. But I am competitive enough to learn if I find honorable people who will give me a shot at learning.

So...if I find a guild into rping a House of (whatever) is this popular or even interesting to anyone? I would think a bit of House rivalry or cooperation would be fun.
I have been invited to transfer here, but making a DK to get some gold and a bit of a feel for the server. Will probably delete it and make regular characters anyway.

A bit of background. Retired and loving the game, mostly into the rp aspect. Tired of CRZ, heard this was free of that nonsense. I will be looking to create or join a blood elf House type guild. Friends may or may not be coming. Depends on the reactions I get from rpers.

I am not as good at pvp as I would like to be. Seems to be a lot of aggression and ganking/camping. But I am competitive enough to learn if I find honorable people who will give me a shot at learning.

So...if I find a guild into rping a House of (whatever) is this popular or even interesting to anyone? I would think a bit of House rivalry or cooperation would be fun.

Welcome to RH, you will find it an interesting server with interesting people. I commend you on rolling a Cow...we are a faction upon ourselves since everyone is looking to kill us for food buffs.

Enjoy ya stay here.
Hmmm...fast response! Just a note...I am not a cow! I am a Tauren. Undead to boot! Anyone seeking to nibble on me must like their food slightly on the rotten side? Maybe well aged...hmmm...anyway, I will be in game in a bit, currently doing a scan on my pc checking for malicious viruses. Was told there is a rash of them lately.
02/12/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Knobul
Hmmm...fast response! Just a note...I am not a cow! I am a Tauren. Undead to boot! Anyone seeking to nibble on me must like their food slightly on the rotten side? Maybe well aged...hmmm...anyway, I will be in game in a bit, currently doing a scan on my pc checking for malicious viruses. Was told there is a rash of them lately.

MOOO Moooo!!!
02/12/2013 07:02 PMPosted by Knobul

They did that for awhile back in BC. Now they only exist in the form of us old-timers reminiscing about how stupid some of those House guilds were. But hey, if someone can pull it off in a way that isn't stupid, dumb, and full of half-vampire-werewolf-hybrid-monster-men, go for it.
02/12/2013 07:27 PMPosted by Bobcat

MOOO Moooo!!!

i never really like taurens much lol
02/12/2013 06:04 PMPosted by Fluffymùffin

A lot of uncommitted people took a little break for more than half a year or so.

Welcome! Glad to see you here. Most of the Blood Elf 'houses' have fallen by the wayside. Two guilds that do get into that territory are <The Jeweled Blood> and <Nightgloom Hollow>. I look forward to seeing you in game.
02/12/2013 06:41 PMPosted by Draxonicar
Its like a week and a half until 5.2 hits, ATM people are basically just done with the current content.

Really?

http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/ravenholdt

That would seem to say differently. Unless I am not understanding what you mean by "done with current content".

Personally, I'm working on progression and farming heroic content for best in slots and running an alt raid and bolstering my 2s team with a new partner. I'm here probably more than I ought to be. My guild is filled with people of varying interests who seem to be suitably entertained enough to keep showing up, and being on this server hasn't hurt us in the slightest. We have an active guild and people are around and doing things all the time. There's a raid planned for most nights, either progression, farm, alts, or old content, PvP happening around that, and people just flying in circles in Org and chatting in Mumble. Ravenholdt, in my eyes, is filled with people I like and enjoy playing with.

If lack of obnoxious, fast-scrolling trade with people anxious to show off their epeen or flood the world with bigoted garbage implies that the game is dead here, I'd say you're looking in the wrong direction for signs of life. In fact, I suggest turning off tradechat entirely, and just find a guild you enjoy, and build your gaming world out from there if the social aspect of the game is that critical. I have friends who play who prefer to spend their time guildless, in the peaceful quiet of exploring the world and leveling toons and soloing content. To each their own.
If lack of obnoxious, fast-scrolling trade with people anxious to show off their epeen or flood the world with bigoted garbage implies that the game is dead here, I'd say you're looking in the wrong direction for signs of life.

If you were green I would marry you.
Hmm...I just might have to make a female orc...just for fun.
02/14/2013 02:49 AMPosted by Aihl
Unless I am not understanding what you mean by "done with current content".

I mean you can only do a set of dailies so many days before it gets boring, only fight in one spot for so long, and only wipe to the brawler's guild due to lack of PVE gear made you 5% hp away from a kill so many times. People are bored and want something new and shiny.

The PVP ladders are so totally bloated its absurd to even try pushing, especially this late. When there are dozens of teams with 3k-4k rating due to unpunished wintrading taking up space the brackets get choked and you end up fighting people with fully upgraded t2 in the 1600 rating range.

Ravenholdt isn't a very hardcore PVE realm (RPPVP, who would have thunk it?), most of the guilds listed at that link are probably where they are comfortable at and are bored of trying to push through any more. Not every guild will fully clear a tier before the next patch hits, but that doesn't mean it should be delayed until they can. If that were the case than we'd still probably be in Wrath of the Lich King waiting for the server first ICC25 Heroic Lich King kill.

EDIT: TL;DR: People want shiny new content and are hibernating like bears in winter until it arrives.
i left. killed the server. that is all.
Holy !@#$ it's Lovings.

02/14/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Draxonicar
Ravenholdt isn't a very hardcore PVE realm (RPPVP, who would have thunk it?), most of the guilds listed at that link are probably where they are comfortable at and are bored of trying to push through any more.

You do realize that the person you're responding to is the face of the server's progression leader, right?
02/18/2013 09:10 PMPosted by Lukar
You do realize that the person you're responding to is the face of the server's progression leader, right?

S'ok. Draxonicar is like the face of the server's cynicism... leader.