rerolling melee, warrior vs dk?

Warrior
I have read about the nerfs to shadowpriests coming up and decided to reroll a melee class for a change of pace (dont want to roll mage and lock kinda seems similar to priest) i thought about feral druids but they getting a nerf, thought about rogue or monk w/ their buffs but dont want to be a fotm reroller to be honest

so i narrowed it down to warrior and dk, which would be a better choice. I mostly do bg's, arena here and there and rbgs before i switched servers. i was thinking dk since they kinda dot based and have to set up for big burst, but warrior just seems fun even though it kinda seems like it is just facesmash the keyboard and kill people(once you get gear)

help me out community, what are your thoughts(would rogue or monk be a better choice, my cousin plays and he's a monk and said he be healer for me when we hit 90)
If you're switching classes at a whim due to the mentality of 'my class is getting nerfed the sky is falling waaaaah'.

Warriors are DEFINITELY not the class for you.
its not at a whim, i been slowly not liking priest more and more and the nerfs are kinda like a reason to reroll. i mean i'll still play this guy, get my points and keep gearing him up(since spriest are very gear dependent) but i just want something different.

and i know warriors are getting nerfs but thats just balancing them out and making them not so god damn op anymore(which i like even if i start playing one)

but i guess i could always level a rogue monk warrior and dk like 20 levels and see what i like more but i hate to waste the time
Warrior is, and will always be, the nerf/buff headache class. You will find yourself constantly having to adapt to new rotations, specs and ways to reforge and gem gear. Just about every single patch brings about a new way to approach your play style and make it adapt with the changes.

Not fotm, but if some nerfs to spriest are forcing you to reconsider and reroll, then warrior will be useless to you about midway 5.2 (maybe sooner as we all know that hotfixes are always being implemented).
go hunter, still ranged but not a spell caster :P
but really
to mypsychokill, i feel ya i only pvp and my priest is fun, but w/ upcoming nerfs to our burst and the nerf of DP is just going to kill spriest imo, and its already hard to kill people(but i'm bout to get my pvp staff so maybe that'll change)

but honestly i just want a change of pace, i been playing casters since vanilla(well mostly healers, resto shaman was my main until my account got super hacked and couldnt get it back)
so i made this priest to heal, didnt like the playstyle(or prolly the raids since i made him in cata, pve content has gotten so lame, raids are like eh, fun the first time maybe) so i started pvp'ing this expansion and just want to try something new
With only 1975 achievement points, I highly doubt you've played since vanilla.
I would just try it then - but level 20 won't help you get a good feel. You will miss all the really good warrior abilities (you don't even get heroic leap until you are 85).

Most (not talking about fotm) Warriors love their class so much that they won't ever quit - it's too much fun. Even if they nerf us into grass skirts and low level egg beaters, we just don't give up.

Something about punching a caster in the mouth, breaking his legs, and hacking them to pieces is just cool :)
02/12/2013 02:02 AMPosted by Greìl
With only 1975 achievement points, I highly doubt you've played since vanilla.

account got hacked at end of wotlk so i stopped playing, made a new one a little bit into cata, didnt play much until this patch came out and just casually pvp'ing...
both are viable at what they do

do you want to play a guy that spreads disease and raises the dead or just a guy that likes to beat the crap outta things?
I have both, and personally, dk's are way more fun in pvp for the AE damage and the CC abilities, tho I really miss my hungering cold thing =/

also, your one to talk about spreading disease, forsaken guy
Warriors are the most fun. But roll a Warrior because you want to be a warrior. If you're coming over to escape other classes upcomig nerfs, Warrior is not the place to be.
In my experience warriors will be either the most fun or the most frustrating from day to day and patch to patch.

Always expect nerfs as a warrior. The hardest part isnt even the nerfs so much as other classes buffs. Blizzard has a tendacny to give other classes abilities that hard counter warriors like candy.

Soem other random points;
-Warriors without gear are really bad and I mean horribly bad. Gearing up in random BGs is very daunting. I can usually get more kills and do more damage on all my ranged classes and on my DK even though they have lesser gear
-If the other side has a ton of ranged dps you will have a very bad day. You will be stuck most of the time to the ground unable to any damage expect when heroic throw is off cooldown
-If you happen to blessed and have a H Pal follow you around giving you BOf and healing you will have the most fun you can have in a bg
Everyone thinks their class gets the most nerfs......this wasn't the point of the thread either.
I just switched to this class because I have become super bored with my Shadow Priest who I had played since right before BC. This is my first melee class. Thought Id go with the coolest. Ive played every range and healing class including Mistweaver. Tired of shooting stuff. I want to jump in and stir it up for a change.
Warrior is way more fun than dk imo. I hate the rune system so much.

I think most would say the warrior concept/abilities are way more fun. Leaping through the air, charging leaving fire in your wake, catching on fire when you are enraged, plus who doesn't love the sound of blood squirting everywhere when you use a special versus a dk's which sounds like a weird rush of air.
If you really want something that's up close and personal, go warrior. if you want some powerful melee with a bit of ranged and magic, DK would fit you better.
Warriors are a horrid rollercoaster class. OMG ONE SHOT to..can't hit through pally mastery shield.

DKs are stable, and if you like being a gigantic annoying !@#$%^ to everyone, roll blood DK in 5.2. They are getting buffed.
I have read about the nerfs to shadowpriests coming up and decided to reroll a melee class for a change of pace (dont want to roll mage and lock kinda seems similar to priest) i thought about feral druids but they getting a nerf, thought about rogue or monk w/ their buffs but dont want to be a fotm reroller to be honest

so i narrowed it down to warrior and dk, which would be a better choice. I mostly do bg's, arena here and there and rbgs before i switched servers. i was thinking dk since they kinda dot based and have to set up for big burst, but warrior just seems fun even though it kinda seems like it is just facesmash the keyboard and kill people(once you get gear)

help me out community, what are your thoughts(would rogue or monk be a better choice, my cousin plays and he's a monk and said he be healer for me when we hit 90)

Which nerf? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_5-2_5_2013#class_priest

Shadow

Mind Blast damage has been increased by 20%.
Dispersion now belongs to the Shadow spell school.

The 2-piece Holy/Discipline PvP set bonus is now the previous Holy Spark 4-piece bonus, instead of Diamond Soul.
The 4-piece Holy/Discipline PvP set bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown of Chakra by 25 seconds. When Spirit Shell is active the mana cost of Flash Heal is reduced by 50%.
If you're switching classes at a whim due to the mentality of 'my class is getting nerfed the sky is falling waaaaah'.

Warriors are DEFINITELY not the class for you.

By far the funniest thing I have read all night.