5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 10 11 12 30 Next
Also, blaming your players for making decisions based on suggestions YOU MAKE is mind-bogglingly insulting. You tell us to spend our valor and then berate us for doing so because you changed your mind?

"Subject to change" good lord..

This is bait and switch if there ever was such a thing

Yeah, I mean, really what a childish post his response to that one guy: "You knew what you were buying so what do we owe you?"

Yeah, well, a lot of us thought what we were buying was the ONLY thing we could buy with our remaining valor pre-patch, based on your information, which was squeeze out what you can with what will soon be a worthless currency.

When you turn around and tell us that the currency isn't worthless, you can't see how most of us would have buyer's remorse? Not through any fault of our own, but because we went off your information.

Zaryhm, I don't necessarily think you "owe" anyone anything, except for at least a bit of understanding that people who took you at your word might feel a bit annoyed by this change.
Thank you Blizzard, I welcome this change.

I am a player who accomplishes the following each week:
-I do dailies for all factions locked by rep with valor gear till exalted, usually 5 out of 7 days a week
-I finish all of LFR most weeks, sometimes I miss a run or two
-I *just* started raiding normal modes 6 hours a week, we're in 4/6 MSV, small guild, don't expect to get really far too fast.

I work 50 hours a week and have 2 kids IRL, I can't really invest much more time into this game.

Valor points feel especially precious this expansion, and I really have to maximize my time spent for the best gear to be able to step into moderately current content as a tank spec. I already wasted one purchase on haste legs before you announced the changes to discourage prot haste tanking, so it doesn't feel impossible now to catch up gear-wise.

I plan on hoarding my VP and keeping it as close to the cap as possible before 5.2 hits and I'll spend it on the cheaper valor items from 5.0 and 5.1 to get myself into Thunder King LFR. I will probably also chain-run heroics when I have time to upgrade the last of my 463 gear before that advantage goes away as well.

I'm wondering, though - why not allow upgrading as it is, but make the new gear un-upgradeable? I have no idea how I'm going to spent JP next patch.
Is there anything valor can be used for other than pve gear? As someone that only does PvP I was looking forward to getting some gold from the little bit of valor I stumbled across but instead now it will continue to sit uselessly in my currency tab.
Any chance we could get refunds on the valor we spent since you guys did the whole "Spend your valor now!" post.

Also, can we get the valor items from 5.0 / 5.1 to be purchasable at lower reputation levels? Even with daily rep bonus and the farm (just another daily) I still just want to be able to gear up a raiding alt.
Thank you, Blizz! This is good news. Now I can decide whether to gear up one more slot or wait.

***PLEASE reconsider taking away gear upgrades in the next patch. I am on board with you in that concept of spending valor on gear first before upgrading. It's more economical, gives a higher ilevel in the long run, and will keep creating incentive to earn valor. Now that I have this toon at a high level, losing gear upgrades for Patch 5.2 takes away incentive to keep grinding for Valor. Don't take it away! Thank you ***
...... :( I wish this would have come out two days ago...I just burned all my Valor on gear upgrades, instead of the armor I was saving up for since I thought I was gonna lose it.
Great news, thank you Zarhym!
No post said a specific date.
I'm guessing this means the patch is at least three weeks away instead of the two weeks that was mentioned as the target in yesterday's update?[/quote]

The post said 2 weeks, but further down it also said a few weeks. Blizzard doesnt give you exact dates for patches. Bugs and mechanics can delay things. I'm thinking probably a month away.
This is a relief.

I hate to sound like a self-entitled jackass, here, but I don't see why Blizzard should be thanked, since all they've done is decided not to mug people of their currency.

I guess I will be grateful, in the same sense that I am grateful whenever a random stranger doesn't try to grab my wallet at 7/11. It was mine to begin with, I ain't thanking you for letting me keep it.
If its 2 weeks away like the said then:

This week (12th-18th): 1000 valor
Next Week (19th-25th): 1000 valor

Patch Drop on week of the 26th would still allow you to hit 3k valor that week if you chose not to spend anything.

Wrong. The post says before 5.2 goes live. Also, there is no specific date for when the patch is released.
I appreciate this change, it means I don't have to work myself to the bone grinding DO rep on all my alts just to dump what valor they had prior to the patch dropping.

They may not have had a lot of valor, but, they certainly had some from the odd dailies here and there, the occasional dungeon and scenario runs, etc. But I wasn't originally about to rep grind all the factions of pandaria on all of them just so they had a place to spend it. And I hated the thought of seeing what they had just go to waste.
02/12/2013 08:03 PMPosted by Mneme
If you’ve already made plans and sank your Valor, don’t fret! As of this announcement, and even if you have 0 Valor currently, you still have enough time to cap out at 3000 Valor before patch 5.2 goes live. (It’s math!)

By my math we only have 2 weeks, which is 2000 valor.

What math is that? lol
This is a relief.

I don't see why Blizzard should be thanked, though, since all they've done is decided not to mug people of their currency.

I guess I will be grateful, in the same sense that I am grateful whenever a random stranger doesn't try to grab my wallet at 7/11. It was mine to begin with, I ain't thanking you for letting me keep it.

No, they mugged quite a few of us, those who took them at their word and spent their VP based on the information they gave us 2 days ago.
Edit: so... patch is not in late feb like was announced? The hell is going on?

That announcement did have a caveat with it: The patch date was subject to change. It's a work in progress with bugs to be worked out. Why do you think it's set in stone?
02/13/2013 05:43 AMPosted by Talffury

By my math we only have 2 weeks, which is 2000 valor.

What math is that? lol

HEY

Addition is serious business.
Edited by Bigscreen on 2/12/13 7:58 PM (PST) i wondered why you would chop valor with out taking the old stuff down to justice. sucks for people who spent valor already though lol....

Nope - I spend my valor on gear to replace the lowest ilevel that I carry, then on improving my specs. It all goes to gearing up for ToT lfr.
I was reading an article for one of my classes before checking the forums today. It was about the accomplishments of the human race. The wars we've fought for a persons right to live, the discoveries we've made that have doubled a persons life expectancy.

Then I came here.

The culmination of millions of years of evolution is whining about spending pretend points because they thought a release date for the next chapter of a story was set in stone.
02/12/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Menacexp
omg get rid of the weekly cap PLEASE!!! this is ridiculous...waiting 3 weeks just to upgrade 1 piece of gear. Caps in general should be increased...perhaps after the 5.2 drop but the weekly one is foolishly low

Then you'll burn through the content too fast.
02/13/2013 05:27 AMPosted by Tharim
Is there anything valor can be used for other than pve gear? As someone that only does PvP I was looking forward to getting some gold from the little bit of valor I stumbled across but instead now it will continue to sit uselessly in my currency tab.

Can't you convert it to conquest or something? Like how Justice can convert to Honor