5.2 Update: You Can Keep Your Valor!

General Discussion
Prev 1 12 13 14 30 Next
Well, I wasn't that worried about the valor>justice downgrade, but this is nice. Thanks, guys! Keep up the good work! :D

/files this topic away for the next time someone says "Blizz doesn't listen to their fans."
02/13/2013 06:24 AMPosted by Falinari
Had I known they weren't, I wouldn't have. I'd have made sure I was fully capped going into 5.2 so I could bang out some quick upgrades with the new rep.

You forget about currency conversion?

What do you mean? I'm going to be replacing my 504s with what, JP gear?

All valor was initially going to be converted to justice points. That's what I as going off of, and that's why I spent my valor.

I have no use for justice points, not now, not for the last 4 months really, and assuming not in 5.2.
And then there are those of us where this doesn't matter one way or the other.
02/13/2013 05:57 AMPosted by Raphaelli
Heh, this does little to counter the fact that no guilds on my server have even cleared Terrace reg yet. I'd xfer if my RL friends weren't here.

Where have you been? Blizzard implemented cross-realm zoning. There's RealID. Go ahead - transfer and keep playing with your friends.

Oh, come one, transferring at x$ per toon is a really poor solution for the folks who have been playing this game for a while, and heaven forbid, leveled some alts during the 8 (?) years this game has been out. It is significant expense on top of the $100+ per year folks pay just for the monthly fee. Other games have realized this and have either collapsed servers or gone to the "mega" server approach. It is a money maker for Bliz, but that's short sighted if that's the reason they haven't addressed this issue (CRZ./LFD/LFR/BGs really don't address many of the core issues with low pop). More people probably quit due to this than pony up the money to move. I play on a high pop server (which I paid to xfer several toons), but my horde toons are on a low horde pop server. And I don't play them any more (had like 6-7 85s there).
02/12/2013 07:52 PMPosted by Zarhym
we have decided that we are NOT going to convert Valor to Justice and Justice to gold when 5.2 ships.

While this is certainly great news, I see one future (possible) problem with it. If you go back to converting for a later patch, it's going to cause all kinds of rage and confusion and drama, none of it necessary. I hope you guys stay with this change and don't go back on it with 5.3 or 5.4 or even 6.0.
YAY!

I'll likely still be able to do both, so it's not the end of the world, though if the patch does drop at their target date, I'll be "behind" on valor. Again, not the end of the world, but a little annoying.

I didn't mean to pick on your comment, I've seen several like it. I get being annoyed but with at least 2 more weeks before the patch, rushing to spend valor because of that blog was jumping the gun even if Bliz hadn't changed their mind.

Best of luck with that boss, I hope ya get him.
02/12/2013 11:03 PMPosted by Pizzathehutt
In addition, we’re making a change to ensure that there are some gear rewards available via the [url="http://www.wowhead.com/news=210532/5-2-ptr-new-reputations-and-rewards-preview"]Kirin Tor Offensive and Sunreaver Onslaught[/url], the two new factions with which players can earn reputation in 5.2 without raiding. The patch was shaping up to be a real challenge for players who don’t like raiding (including LFR), as our original design meant that no new Valor rewards would be available to them without needing to run Throne of Thunder. You can expect to see the Valor rewards on the Kirin Tor Offensive and Sunreaver Onslaught quartermasters updated on the 5.2 public test realms in the near future. These rewards are ilevel 496 and will only accommodate a few slots, as they aren’t intended to be very attractive to raiders (including those running LFR), but should give non-raiders something to shoot for in 5.2.

I am disappointed :( I suppose it being lower ilvl is better than the situation we are in now with raid quality gear coming from dailies, although 496 is technically still raid quality. I'd rather have it MAYBE equal to MSV LFR quality at the highest, probably blue quality gear.

That's my only concern about the change. I am very happy that you aren't converting valor to a useless currency (jp).

496 is great and still even below LFR drops. I don't know what your problem is. I tried LFR and even if I wanted to do it every week, the lag is tremendous. I can't even kill Sha in Kun Lai without experiencing a big slow down.
=)
A terrific change, especially considering the (also terrific) change of not having last tier's VP gear become JP gear. I'm a bit concerned about the 496 loot being available from the dailies as it seems like a mechanism to encourage bypassing T14 LFR but beyond that I think this is a very solid move.
Because all the Raiders did nothing but QQ! Blizz is one sided and have done nothing to help the PVP scene! We still have BOTS running the BGs and have done nothing to fix that!
We’d love to hear your feedback about this change, and how you’re planning to earn, save, and spend Valor before the patch releases.

You can't go right out and buy anything new on day one if it requires reputation first.

You can buy 522 valor gear (amulets) with neutral reputation. Gear per slot is unlocked as your rep increases. See http://ptr.wowhead.com/news=210532/5-2-ptr-new-reputations-and-rewards-preview

I just hope that Kirin Tor do not have the same 496 items as Shieldwall and the raidfaction neutral-friendly doesn't overlap with them either. I can see myself getting to that point eventually, so it would really be nice if the quartermasters offered different armor.
02/12/2013 11:00 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Well, if that is always the case, we wouldn't have dual spec (they used to say they wanted your spec choice to be "meaningful" and they didn't want to "consfuse" players). Sometimes they can be short-sighted for a considerable length of time. I would argue that the push to make mains "meaningful" while also making alts feel burdensome to progress is one of those short-sighted things right now. it certainly has caused two of my RL friends to unsub and another to play so little that I expect him to unsub as well.

While you do have a fair point, this decision helps with the hardships of maintaining alts pretty substantially. Even if they don't always make the best decision, eventually (sometimes) they fix it in as timely a fashion as they can.

Indeed. I said in an earlier post that I thought it was a good change. So, I'm very pro not converting vp to what is an almost worthless currency for many players!

I just think that they've over corrected the reward system in Mists and that is has (in the case of 2 and probably 3 of my RL friends) cost them subscribers (and diminished my enjoyment for several reasons, primarily that I miss playing with them!). I viewed the original plan to downgrade vp to jp as another over correction. (so I'm glad they corrected the over correction!).
Errr, Blizz, Do you remember the mess that was Catacylsm? Do you remember how you got into that mess? By listening to every WotLK kiddie than yelled and screamed on the forums and stamped his or her feet.

Bad change. Stick to your guns, Blizz.

I'm with this guy. You guy's have made a few bad decisions this expansion (all valor/justice requiring rep, all rep requiring dailies, and no flying mount for when you're a ghost at 90). You could have easily done the conversion, like it use to be (i.e. all currency and gear are converted to justice, and maybe put discounts on top of that to make it easier for alts/newbies) and A LOT of the whiners would have been probably happy. But now its kinda sad to see you guys caving in like this when there were better ways for it to be handled to begin with.

But w/e at least you're finally adding in rep gains from heroics.....even though by the time 5.2 comes out Ill probably be maxed on any of them that benefit from it. Now how about that damn mount for when I some how die and can't reach my body.
02/13/2013 06:17 AMPosted by Raphaelli
My question is what the heck do I do with all the justice points I have? I don't need anymore heirloom stuff and nothing is worth purchasing for my main. Could you guys give us something decent to buy with them?

You're the perfect candidate with your leatherworking + Ashen Verdict rep: flip primordial saronite and also craft WotLK gear with it to sell it all on the ah.

I'll have to try that out. I wasn't sure anybody bought that stuff anymore. Thanks for the idea! :)
why not leave in item upgrade for atleast blue gear.
02/13/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Arcangelo
You could have easily done the conversion, like it use to be (i.e. all currency and gear are converted to justice, and maybe put discounts on top of that to make it easier for alts/newbies) and A LOT of the whiners would have been probably happy.

I have to disagree about converting VP gear to JP gear. The last thing blizzard should do is go whole-hog on repeating the cataclysm model of making the previous tier completely obsolete whenever a new tier comes out. The absolute worst thing they can do is revert progression back to:

Heroics -> T14 -> heroics -> T15 -> heroics -> T16

With a cap of 3000 VP, it's not like people are going to get fully decked out in new stuff right off the bat, and it's a lot better to make this concession instead of making it super easy for fresh 90s to get geared for T15 without ever stepping foot in anything besides heroics.
dam yesterday i spent 1250 valor for the bracers oh man :(
What about non-raiders? We don't all have time to raid so make some content that is interesting and doesn't require raids, dungeons etc.