Glyph of Harsh Words + Glyph of Word of Glory

Paladin
First, does the Word of Glory glyph activate when I use the Glyph of Harsh Words' Word of Glory on an enemy?

If so, if I were to have both on at the same time, would it be viable to replace Templar's Verdict with Word of Glory in my rotation?

If not...well, why not? :v It could be an interesting playstyle, at the very least!
First, yes and no; used to work, I know, but it is/was unintended and may have been fixed already.

Second, only sub-80.

Because HW doesn't hit nearly as hard as TV once you get higher-level weapons for stronger weapon damage and mastery at 80.
Ech. I think it might have been fixed. The Glyph of Word of Glory says I only get the DPS increase when I use it on a friendly target. :/ Dunno if it only meant when HW wasn't glyphed.

Oh, well. I can always go Shockadin, right? =D
EDIT: Oh yeah, only Ret gets Exorcism now. >.< Blizz, y u nerf fun?
Holy has Denounce, now, which is a castable offensive move.
02/12/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Holy has Denounce, now, which is a castable offensive move.

Ooh! I know this is off-topic now, but is Shockadin more viable, now? :o
Nope. Holy's mastery is useless for DPS, and Denounce was tuned for leveling. A well-geared (read: 490+) Holy can put out some serious damage with Denounce, but not nearly as much as a competent, even if lesser-geared DPS spec. I have personally seen a HPal in a 90 heroic put up nigh 50k on boss pulls and not let anyone die, but myself and another DPS were both over 100k and the tank was over well 70k.
02/12/2013 03:01 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Nope. Holy's mastery is useless for DPS, and Denounce was tuned for leveling. A well-geared (read: 490+) Holy can put out some serious damage with Denounce, but not nearly as much as a competent, even if lesser-geared DPS spec. I have personally seen a HPal in a 90 heroic put up nigh 50k on boss pulls and not let anyone die, but myself and another DPS were both over 100k and the tank was over well 70k.

Ah, well...Guess my only hope for a ranged Paladin is for Blizz to add a fourth spec, now. :c
Pretty much. Ret with Symbiosis from a Druid can fake ranged (we get Wrath, and it does hit pretty hard), but, again, mastery does nothing for Wrath-spam. Ret gets a bit better of a deal on this, since we're stacking the crap out of haste, while I think Holy leans more towards mastery and spirit, now.
02/12/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Pretty much. Ret with Symbiosis from a Druid can fake ranged (we get Wrath, and it does hit pretty hard), but, again, mastery does nothing for Wrath-spam. Ret gets a bit better of a deal on this, since we're stacking the crap out of haste, while I think Holy leans more towards mastery and spirit, now.

Well, thank you, good dwarf! I will keep plugging away at my Retadin and see how I do!
Just to make it clear: they did fix it in 5.1 so the Glyph of Word of Glory won't work on Harsh Word. You can use it with Harsh Words glyphed, but it won't proc on enemy targets.
Even still, Harsh Words is a nice glyph for when you are out of melee range, full holy power and dont need to heal yourself, or you need that tiny bit of damage to finish somebody off and HoW fails to do the job. You don't need to wait for 3 HP to use it either.

EDIT: Want to mention for pvp, not pve ;)
What they said. Without the glyph, you get no damage bonus from using WoG. With the glyph, you get the damage bonus only from healing with WoG. It's 3% for the duration per holy power, so you'd want to do a WoG with 3 holy power. You'd pretty much have to have either holy avenger for a 20 sec burst, or the one where you get holy power ability procs for random bonus to throughput. But..... for max damage, you'd want to have HS glyphed (don't do that if you are going to need HS to heal, as in pvp where lockouts and blanket silences are friggin obscene). Then assuming glyph of harsh words, you would have to forgo glyph of denounce. This makes no difference in PvE since denounce takes less than a global to cast anyway, but in PvP you would have to be a lot more careful hardcasting denounce, to the point where you wouldn't dare use it over half the time. As I see it, for max burst (PvP) glyph of wog would help for the 20 seconds holy avenger is up, especially if you stack it with avenging wrath and divine favor >200k+ HS crits. Other than that, 2 harsh words > more damage than 9% bonus + one harsh word + other stuff you can do in whatever the duration is. Personally I roll with glyph of denounce instead for better throughput.