S Priest reforging table wrong?

Priest
I Keep hearing people say haste is most important no matter if you get past 12.5% at the extra tick.
Boo, I disagree.
Get The extra tick at 12.5% then Id reforge all mastery for the chance to deal double damage. Double damage = 2 chances at a proc and wth u need increased cast time for when your only cast time spell used for the most part is V touch. All your damage is insta cast procs'. Haste is wasted on an s priest IMO.

Dont always go for the cookie cutter reforges U see on noxxic and Forums, cuz I find that alot of the time Noxxic doesnt know wth he is talking about!

Excuse my Grammar!
There's a sticky
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1701&p=12749#reforgelite
Noxxic sucks
Imo, you posted on a hunter and not a priest so how would we not know your just a troll? O_E

Also, a human hunter? Really? You couldn't pick something...interesting?
If you think thats a troll post that speaks more for your intelligence than mine. Also wtg on calling someone a troll then making fun of a race/class for no point in your response.
Pretty sure people use actual math when determining things like stat weights.
And here is my priest, have a nice day.
Ok Use your math, Haste will increase vampiric touch cast time, everything else you use that deals damage is a proc. So 1 VT X .1 increase in cast time = Not as good as mastery. Theres my math
02/13/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Meraluna

02/13/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Meraluna
Ok Use your math, Haste will increase vampiric touch cast time, everything else you use that deals damage is a proc. So 1 VT X .1 increase in cast time = Not as good as mastery. Theres my math

There's a sticky
Noxxic sucks
Your equation sucks
Assertion unsupported by math that I claim is math because I put X in it signifying a numerical value.

Personal attack for questioning my genius.

Bold assertion not supported by anything. Anywhere.

Self assured strut away from thread.

Fun time with half frozen gerbil.
Play nicely.

Also, a human hunter? Really? You couldn't pick something...interesting?

Since, you know, playing a foot-tall human is any more escapist or unique, implying that popularity and quality have some kind of inverted relationship. No matter how seemingly uninformed you think the opening post is, you have no reason to post an Ad Hominem statement. The cross-faction racism is stupid enough as is, we don't need that kind of help.

The point about haste for Spriests, as I'm aware, is reaching a breakpoint before doing other stats, as you pointed out. I'm no expert, but haste is still your most important secondary stat because of how DoTs work. Beyond that I'm finding that crit or mastery may be up to personal choice.
02/13/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Meraluna

I don't think you understand how Haste works. Haste is a secondary attribute that increases casting speed for casters. That means that the cast time is reduced not increased. Similarly, the duration of the DoT never exceeds the time indicated on the tooltip, in fact what happens is Haste increases the tick rate, and as the game engine endeavours to keep these effects' duration as close as possible to the original length; when an effect's duration is reduced by more than half a tick, an extra tick is added, returning the spell to it's original duration.

So, haste is always increasing a spells damage whether it is by increasing a spell's tick rate (the spell's damage is dealt more quickly), or whether it through the addition of damage tick (these points are known as Haste breakpoints).

Stat weights are derived from simulating ten of thousands of times raid conditions using algorithms that model raid conditions (crit rate, latency, movement, fight duration, buff/debuffs etc.) and then determining how much impact a single point of a stat has on dps.

Haste, Crit and Mastery are all pretty close to one another (except near Haste breakpoints), and thus in order to best determine what your gear reforges should be you should always run a sim to derive your relative stat weights.
02/13/2013 11:28 AMPosted by Deranged
Get The extra tick at 12.5% then Id reforge all mastery for the chance to deal double damage.

o.O;

02/13/2013 12:54 PMPosted by Meraluna

Impressive. Is this thread concerning PvP? If it is, your post makes a tiny bit more sense but still...yeah no.

Haste will increase vampiric touch cast time, everything else you use that deals damage is a proc. So 1 VT X .1 increase in cast time = Not as good as mastery.

O.o;

02/13/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Nixxe
Play nicely.

Nixxe, your troll avatar with that hood is going to be the next viral meme, just you wait.
There's a sticky
Noxxic sucks
Your equation sucks

According to the comments on curse, that addon has been abandoned by the creator. Bugs that haven't been fixed for a while and what not
02/13/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Midorian
According to the comments on curse, that addon has been abandoned by the creator. Bugs that haven't been fixed for a while and what not

While things may change in the future (possibly with 5.2) currently when set up correctly it gives fantastic results.
02/13/2013 09:01 PMPosted by Woaden
While things may change in the future (possibly with 5.2) currently when set up correctly it gives fantastic results.

I was going to check it out until I saw the comments. So, as your experience, you haven't had any problems? I have been using Mr Robot but not sure how reliable it is.
02/14/2013 09:00 AMPosted by Midorian

I was going to check it out until I saw the comments. So, as your experience, you haven't had any problems? I have been using Mr Robot but not sure how reliable it is.

Reforgelite has been great for me. Askmrrobot, in my experience, hasn't been great unless you are entering in your simmed stat weights. Perhaps everyone should be doing that already, but the fact is most do not.
Question, when a dot ticks double damage, 2 ticks or double damage? If you cast SW:Pain and it ticks for double damage, is that 2 chances to proc DI? or no?
02/14/2013 09:47 AMPosted by Timoffa
Question, when a dot ticks double damage, 2 ticks or double damage? If you cast SW:Pain and it ticks for double damage, is that 2 chances to proc DI? or no?

You mean if it crits? If so, a crit is one hit, thus one chance to proc DI.