Required DPS/Damage for HoF & ToES normal

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I just see these people wanting 480+ ilevel all the time when I can usually do approximately the amount of dps an approximate 480 lock does.

Just some rough numbers. I know not all fights are the same, so if anybody has numbers for specific fights.
65-70k average is usually good for most. Garalon would be pretty tight but other than that you should be good
I just see these people wanting 480+ ilevel all the time when I can usually do approximately the amount of dps an approximate 480 lock does.

No you can't. You might be able to beat some locks that are less skillful than you, but all other things equal, the player with better gear will perform better.

No you can't. You might be able to beat some locks that are less skillful than you, but all other things equal, the player with better gear will perform better.

I'm glad you contributed to this thread constructively. Take your comments elsewhere. I literally loss brain cells reading your post
HoF (25 man perspective)
1st boss - movement hinders high dps, it's more about mechanics, probably anything >50K dps will get you past him.
Blade Lord - Lots of movement, same dps as above, but it's relatively easy to go over 70K depending on class and gear. I hate the frackin' tornadoes.
Garalon - lots of movement, but melee get a damage buff inside the leg circles, melee can put up some big numbers here, 80-100K pretty typical, less for ranged depending on class, but dot classes can do pretty well.
Wind Lord - pretty easy to have all dps >100K due to AoE at beginning. Enrage timer on boss makes it so adds have to go down as soon as practical.
Ambershaper - gimmick fight, all about mechanics, autoattack with construct increases dps by a lot, so it's hard to judge average dps.
Shekzeer - prolly 60-80K overall is all that's needed. Last phase is a significant dps and healing race. Some mechanics will reduce dps a bit.

ToES
Guardians - these are patchwerk fights, so 70+K dps is pretty much mandatory, but by the time you've made it here, most dps classes can pull that.
Tsu-Long - lots of movement, 50-60K depending on class, some classes go much higher. Main thing is using defensive CDs as dps as there's tons of damage flying around.
Lei-Shi - another mechanics fight, not an easy one to get big numbers on. 50-60K wins the day.
Sha - far too much movement to gauge dps. dot classes heavily favored in this fight, anywhere from 50-80K dps should win the day. Our top dps don't pull big numbers on this boss, but our dot classes do. Important to kill "big" adds ASAP to get your tanks back.
HoF (25 man perspective)
1st boss - movement hinders high dps, it's more about mechanics, probably anything >50K dps will get you past him.
Blade Lord - Lots of movement, same dps as above, but it's relatively easy to go over 70K depending on class and gear. I hate the frackin' tornadoes.
Garalon - lots of movement, but melee get a damage buff inside the leg circles, melee can put up some big numbers here, 80-100K pretty typical, less for ranged depending on class, but dot classes can do pretty well.
Wind Lord - pretty easy to have all dps >100K due to AoE at beginning. Enrage timer on boss makes it so adds have to go down as soon as practical.
Ambershaper - gimmick fight, all about mechanics, autoattack with construct increases dps by a lot, so it's hard to judge average dps.
Shekzeer - prolly 60-80K overall is all that's needed. Last phase is a significant dps and healing race. Some mechanics will reduce dps a bit.

ToES
Guardians - these are patchwerk fights, so 70+K dps is pretty much mandatory, but by the time you've made it here, most dps classes can pull that.
Tsu-Long - lots of movement, 50-60K depending on class, some classes go much higher. Main thing is using defensive CDs as dps as there's tons of damage flying around.
Lei-Shi - another mechanics fight, not an easy one to get big numbers on. 50-60K wins the day.
Sha - far too much movement to gauge dps. dot classes heavily favored in this fight, anywhere from 50-80K dps should win the day. Our top dps don't pull big numbers on this boss, but our dot classes do. Important to kill "big" adds ASAP to get your tanks back.

Thanks a bunch, can someone second this just to make sure?
02/14/2013 06:05 PMPosted by Dorider

So you're saying that your DPS would not improve from where it is now, if you gear up to 480?
Elite Protectors requires a bit more than non elite.

The only real Sha DPS check is killing the side platform adds before the next cackle comes out. The enrage is 15 minutes, if you can kill the side adds, you can kill the boss.

It's awfully hard to have a simple answer to "how much DPS do I need to do for xxx instance". Especially considering the amount of gimmick fights, multi target fights, and high movement fights.

While it may be possible to do the minimum amount of DPS required in your gear, I wouldn't count on being able to easily convince groups to bring you to raids that people usually require 480-490 ilvl for. People, especially the average pug, don't want just the minimum.
02/14/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Autumni

So you're saying that your DPS would not improve from where it is now, if you gear up to 480?

Wow my wording on that I didn't even notice. It should've been

"I just see these people 'with' 480+ ilevel all the time when I can usually do approximately the amount of dps an approximate 480 average lock does"