Question

Monk
Post Limit:
What spell gives the ability to keep up with a mount for a good 30 seconds, and maybe more? this is crazy.
For 30 seconds?

None, The only thing thats faster than a mount that monk has is flying serpent in WW, and it only lasts for like 3-4 seconds, it can get more distance than a mount.

Roll is not even close to mount speed.

This is also coming from a rogue...
Didn't know sprint lasted 30 seconds and was 100% sir

Anyway, was still a question. Don't need to go all obama on me, lol. I don't even think it was roll, i know it was something combined with that one 15 talent that removes snares.
rocket boots, engineering?
02/20/2013 07:00 PMPosted by Dohna
rocket boots, engineering?

I thought they broke that?
Nitro boosts on belt/FSK I guess.
Nothing does that.
Speed hack would be the only thing. OR... he was mounted, and your client was bugged and his mount wasn't rastering for you. But, no... nothing monks have would allow us to run that fast, let alone for that long. Or fastest boosts are from talents. Momentum will let us get up to 50% for 10 seconds (with two stacks) and Tiger's Lust grants 70% for 6 seconds.

Flying Serpent Kick is fast, but only lasts 40 yards.

So.... yeah.
Speed hack would be the only thing. OR... he was mounted, and your client was bugged and his mount wasn't rastering for you.
Flying Serpent Kick is fast, but only lasts 40 yards.

So.... yeah.

Had that happen, was not a bug persay, i just reinstalled WoW on a new computer and played before download fully finished. Mounted a flying mount and it looked like i was swimming in the air from my view. Pretty cool :D
Tiger's Lust + Nitro works on live, but only lasts for 6 seconds.

Had that happen, was not a bug persay, i just reinstalled WoW on a new computer and played before download fully finished. Mounted a flying mount and it looked like i was swimming in the air from my view. Pretty cool :D

Yup. That happens to me off and on. It's usually indicative of either enormous lag, or high latency. My favorite is when you shift from cat form to bird form as a druid, and you go screaming through the air as a cat.
02/22/2013 07:31 AMPosted by Ro
either enormous lag, or high latency

You say these as if they are mutually exclusive. In my experience, the latter causes the former.
Well... enormous lag is caused by high latency, but you can have high latency without enormous lag.

In situations with the latter, many things in the game might perform absolutely normally... such as people running around, NPCs responding, etc, but it can create situations where some things don't show up right away, such as a mount, or... in some situations allow you fly or ride further into a building before dismounting than you would normally.

But, yes... in most situations of higher latency, you'll get lag. But not always.

All khakis are chinos. But not all chinos are khakis.