Helping Pet battlers create solid teams.

Pet Battles
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
02/15/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Zerei
I'm still working on leveling some pets, so i don't really have a team based question..but it you could take a few moments to explain breeds to me? I've seen pets with more hp and pets with more attack power of the same species but beyond that it's lost on me.

Sure, to put simply most pet's have a certain number of breeds that effect their stats. A pet has 3 stats HP, Attack, and Speed. Attack dictates how hard a pet hits, speed dictates what pet attacks first every round (fastest pet goes first), and HP is just how much health a pet has.

Every pet has an Optimal breed for its move set. So pets with moves that receive a damage bonus if attacking first want more speed then attack because their abilities make up for the lack of power (like rabbits) while some pets have no need for speed (lol) and just use flat out heavy damage (like Lil' Rag) and some pets are built to tank and have no need for anything but HP (Anubish Idol)

That's prob the best I can do, if you can find Surrender (the DK in this forum) He can prob explain it in far better detail and give you the math that goes along with it all.
http://petsear.ch/Info

Not all Breeds are available to every pet, you can search for pets a little bit more nicely on http://www.warcraftpets.com/ , but Warla's site (first link) explains breeds much better IMO.

Avoid Breed 3 if at all possible. Also, all of the "tri" breeds are pretty pointless as speed will almost always be wasted stat points.

Basically when your choosing a breed, ask these 3 questions:

1. Does it have enough SPD to ensure I go first, thus gaining an extra turn essentially (Gold Seal is 325, there are only a few pets that go above this marker).

2. Does it have enough HP to ensure I survive an extra hit, thus gaining an extra turn essentially (1600+ is what you should aim for in this area, although 5.2 may adjust this number).

3. Does it have enough ATK to end a battle a round sooner? (This one is much harder to judge, but again, 1400 HP should be used as the marker. If a breed can reach this damage output in x turns before the others, you may want to consider it).

Dual Breeds are "usually" ok (as in HP/ATK). Rarely will you ever find HP/SPD or ATK/SPD to be worth it, but again, use the 3 questions I linked above to judge this (I'm pretty sure theres not many Dual Breeds that can break or equal 325 SPD with stat points split).

Also, as a final note (as has been listed on Warla's site) any of the hybrid breeds lose stat points over the pure breeds. Pure breeds get a base 2 added, dual breeds get 1.8 total, tri breeds get 1.7 total, and breed 3 gets the worst at 1.5.
I'd like a little help in this area actually, im using FFF team to carry pets im leveling through dailies for exp but soon they will be crap so i guess i will need to find another really strong couple of pets to step into this role.

I have a pretty wide selection of pets and more or less get a pet from 1-25 in a day with the dailies being carried by 2x FFF i'd like very much to continue this after 5.2 if you could point me towards some viable replacements i would be very appreciative ^_^
Lot of them are tamer specific, but heres a list of pets to get (and they'll be fine post 5.2)

Emerald Proto Whelping (P/P)
Anubsith Idol
Rabbit (S/S) (Get a shiny Mountain Cottontail for that bling while soloing)

Having a lapse of memory on what other power leveler's I use, but these will get you pretty far, especially on some of the more stubborn ones. The battles won't be as fast, but Anubsith can solo a lot of them, same for the proto whelp, and as for the rabbit I only break him out on the earth elemental.
T Fifteen. That's the team you gave me. :)
I take a simple approach to pet battles. I think my team is decently solid, but is primarily just annoying for my opponent, whether they win or lose. I was wondering if there is any way I could make it even more annoying.
Hello all! I have a team that I would like some input on. I call it my "Chill Team". It consists of

an upgraded Mechanical Yeti (Mechanical) with Metal Fist/Call Blizzard/Ion Cannon
Water Waveling (Elemental) with Ice Lance/Frost Nova/Geyser
Kun-Lai Runt (Humanoid) with Take Down/Mangle/Deep Freeze

I like the team because of the control that I can have over my opponent. I normally start out with the Yeti, Blizzard and swap. In comes the Runt, he does a Deep Freeze followed by a Take Down. This normally kills the first opponent (even through swaps due to Blizzard). After the first pet is down, I throw up a Mangle and move to my Waveling. Now, at this time there are only a few rounds of Blizzard left (why I have Frost Nova, to carry me over). The Waveling uses Geyser followed by a barrage of Ice Lance's until Blizzard is gone. Than he will Nova and get the yeti back for Blizzard. Than I start the cycle over again. Ion Cannon is for the case where I get webbed or nova'd myself.

The team seems to work well, but I can't help but feel that they are semi-squishy. I love the Ice Lance, but I feel it could use a bit more punch. Geyser is perfect, not too OP and not too weak. I wish I could do something more with the Yeti (I really like the way he looks). The Runt is great in my eyes as well. Maybe a little more health would do him good, but either way he hasn't really let me down yet.

Now, the above sounds all well and good ... but I ask for some friendly input please. Thank you all! :)
I'd like a little help in this area actually, im using FFF team to carry pets im leveling through dailies for exp but soon they will be crap so i guess i will need to find another really strong couple of pets to step into this role.

I have a pretty wide selection of pets and more or less get a pet from 1-25 in a day with the dailies being carried by 2x FFF i'd like very much to continue this after 5.2 if you could point me towards some viable replacements i would be very appreciative ^_^

I used a combination of 3 pets for every master Slime, Fawn, and Celestial dragon. Sometimes I run double slime to destroy them.
02/15/2013 11:20 PMPosted by Tadkins
T Fifteen. That's the team you gave me. :)

It's a very scary combo. It's already earned a special place in my heart. I can't wait till your pets hit 25 = )
I take a simple approach to pet battles. I think my team is decently solid, but is primarily just annoying for my opponent, whether they win or lose. I was wondering if there is any way I could make it even more annoying.

I really think anyone would be interested in this combo but this team might be right up your alley.

It's my T Seven team.

Rabbit (s/s breed)- Flurry, Dodge, Borrow
Otter (s/s breed) - Gnaw, Survival, Dive
Moth ( most breeds are ok) Alpha strike, Cocoon strike, Moth Dust

It's remarkably simple but very effective. I had originally made it cuz I wanted to use simple pets rather then my usual rare pets but most common pets are just weak vs all the burst out there. I figured a team with 6 avoidance moves between them would do the trick, I was right. I named them Cant Touch This. I prob can tweak the team a little to improve it if you can give me a little time.

It doesn't have any crabs though =( sorry
an upgraded Mechanical Yeti (Mechanical) with Metal Fist/Call Blizzard/Ion Cannon
Water Waveling (Elemental) with Ice Lance/Frost Nova/Geyser
Kun-Lai Runt (Humanoid) with Take Down/Mangle/Deep Freeze

Your on the right path but the team does lack defence. Mechanical Yeti is fun but to be honest he is a tad weak. I can def work with Water Wave and Runt though. I have some notes on these teams give me some time to review them and I will get back to you.
Thanks! I look forward to your feedback.
Here's my team :

Pandaren Fire Spirit.
Idol.
Mr. B.

Find it's very solid (Idol and Mr. B are also my leveling pets for tamers as idol can solo most of them - swap in alpine hare for Mr. B against the thundering one).
Pandaren Fire Spirit.
Idol.
Mr. B.

Find it's very solid (Idol and Mr. B are also my leveling pets for tamers as idol can solo most of them - swap in alpine hare for Mr. B against the thundering one).

I'm sorry Soma but despite running AQ every week (sometimes several times a week) I have yet to get Idol so I don't have Mr. B either.
Pandaren Fire Spirit.
Idol.
Mr. B.

I'm sorry Soma but despite running AQ every week (sometimes several times a week) I have yet to get Idol so I don't have Mr. B either.

Ya I got lucky and got idol the first day they added him. Longest one took me was the mini mindslayer ... 3 weeks of walking in, touch of death, walking out before he finally dropped :(
Hey Neya I finished the team with Nexus Whelp in it. This one was really tricky. Had tons of failures, had to scrap at least 4 different variations of this comp b4 hitting the jackpot with this last one. Your team will be even better since u have the proper breed.

Nexus Whelp (p/p breed)- Tail Whip, Mana Surge, Wild Magic
Fel Flame (H/H breed)- Flame Breath, Scorched Earth, Conflagrate
Fungal Abomination- Consume, Creeping Fungus, Stun Seed

The teams made so you can start with any pet and lead into the next fairly smoothly. The best transition being Fungal Abom-Fel Flame-Nexus Whelp in a devastating chain of damage.

If you time it right you can use your Mana Surge to gain the dragon passive damage boost and then nearly one shot his next pet who comes in. You will be hitting for about 800 a pop (if they land of course)

P.S. Kook I finished setting up a couple of teams that you might like but I need to test them out. I'll def tell you whats worth trying by the end of the day.
Hey Anni, I'm just starting to transition from PVE to PVP, and would like your general opinion on my resources. Maybe some suggestions on teams, but more on any obvious gaps. Since I've learned about breeds, I've been concentrating on getting my good breeds up in level.
Although I have noticed breeds isn't the whole story. Like my little emerald proto-whelp, a 20, still hits hard and has a nice heal.
Oh, and after reading this thread, went out last night and got a blue fawn S/S. Leveling her out at Dragonbone right now!
Thanks!
I might as well get in on this. How does my team look? I'm trying to find some good synergy with plagued blood, so i'm using moves that hit multiple times to proc the heal multiple times in one round. so far slime and my speed rabbit are doing okay, nothing spectacular though.
02/16/2013 01:09 PMPosted by Hellopanda
I might as well get in on this. How does my team look? I'm trying to find some good synergy with plagued blood, so i'm using moves that hit multiple times to proc the heal multiple times in one round. so far slime and my speed rabbit are doing okay, nothing spectacular though.

Perfect, I have lots of experience with plagued blood actually. There are many ways to abuse this ability one of my favorite teams is my T eight. You use Imp's Immolation/Wild Magic and Rush away. When he is in danger you refresh the Immolation and back row him. Then you bring out Pet with plagued Blood and use it on your opponent. Your imp will then be healed by its human passive AND the plagued blood. He will be full hp in a matter of turns (and there is little that can be done about it). The Squirrel is there for it's stamped (which will heal you for every single hit so 3 per turn) and its bleed. So u will heal for over 200 per turn and add the 100% damage debuff.

Scoured Whelp is the best guy for a plagued blood team since it has Death and Decay and Tail whip but Restless Shadeling is a fine substitute. Just make sure he is H/H breed. The dog is prob the worst for this combo cuz he is very squishy. Fawn will also work fine for this combo since you really just want to bring stamped to the comp but you will be losing crouch so your defence will be weakend a little but you will gain headbutt so it's really up to you.

I will finish leveling my Shadeling and see I can't improve on this team a little. This one wont take long.
Hey Anni, I'm just starting to transition from PVE to PVP, and would like your general opinion on my resources. Maybe some suggestions on teams, but more on any obvious gaps. Since I've learned about breeds, I've been concentrating on getting my good breeds up in level.
Although I have noticed breeds isn't the whole story. Like my little emerald proto-whelp, a 20, still hits hard and has a nice heal.
Oh, and after reading this thread, went out last night and got a blue fawn S/S. Leveling her out at Dragonbone right now!
Thanks!

What kind of team would u like? You have lots of amazing pets so you have a good pool of 25's to use as a jumping off point.