Helping Pet battlers create solid teams.

Pet Battles
Prev 1 3 4 5 26 Next
02/16/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Annimositty
I might as well get in on this. How does my team look? I'm trying to find some good synergy with plagued blood, so i'm using moves that hit multiple times to proc the heal multiple times in one round. so far slime and my speed rabbit are doing okay, nothing spectacular though.

Perfect, I have lots of experience with plagued blood actually. There are many ways to abuse this ability one of my favorite teams is my T eight. You use Imp's Immolation/Wild Magic and Rush away. When he is in danger you refresh the Immolation and back row him. Then you bring out Pet with plagued Blood and use it on your opponent. Your imp will then be healed by its human passive AND the plagued blood. He will be full hp in a matter of turns (and there is little that can be done about it). The Squirrel is there for it's stamped (which will heal you for every single hit so 3 per turn) and its bleed. So u will heal for over 200 per turn and add the 100% damage debuff.

Scoured Whelp is the best guy for a plagued blood team since it has Death and Decay and Tail whip but Restless Shadeling is a fine substitute. Just make sure he is H/H breed. The dog is prob the worst for this combo cuz he is very squishy. Fawn will also work fine for this combo since you really just want to bring stamped to the comp but you will be losing crouch so your defence will be weakend a little but you will gain headbutt so it's really up to you.

I will finish leveling my Shadeling and see I can't improve on this team a little. This one wont take long.

I appreciate the response and I can't wait to see what you come up with.
Hey Kookimonster. I am really sorry but I'm afraid that I couldn't improve on the team. It's a great team for PvE but for PvP there are to many holes in ability synergy. Mech Yeti really has only Blizzard that ties it to the team and Waveling Gyser takes to long and can easily dodged.

Also the pool of blizzard related pets is really shallow and most have terrible breeds.

I tried different variations of almost all the pets ( I avoided Snowman since in 5.3 the whole Runt/Snowman stun to death combo wont be possible anymore due to CC immunities )

All I can offer is my T twelve

Kun-Lai Runt (P/P Breed)- Take Down, Frost Shock, Deep Freeze
Winter's Little Helper- Ice Lance, Blizzard, Ice Tomb
Tundra Penguin (H/P Breed)- Peck, Slippery Ice, Belly Slide

It's a very powerful combo that take advantage of the weather in more then one way plus the Penguins Ice really is amazing defence. If you get the Penguin out when there's a Blizzard+Slippery Ice+ Belly slide you can decimate almost anyone in a matter of turns. Plus you have the Runts usual face melting abilities in the next corner. The Winter's helper Synergy with these two is close to perfect.
Hellopanda I might need a little extra time. Seems like I have to tweak the team a little with Shadeling as the Blood Plague user.
02/16/2013 07:11 AMPosted by Annimositty
T Fifteen. That's the team you gave me. :)

It's a very scary combo. It's already earned a special place in my heart. I can't wait till your pets hit 25 = )

Spent all day catching the right breeds of Fawn and Crimson Geode (took a lot longer than expected and I eventually settled on uncommon ones), and then leveled them all up to 20 before exhausting my trainers. I'll probably get them to 25 tomorrow.

The team has already won a couple games. I think this is my "it" team!
Glad you like it, I try to catch the specific breeds for these comps too but I tend to have limited time so I can't always get them myself =P
I love this thread :D
Hi, I recently started playing WoW again for the pet battles! I don't have too many pets to my name, but I know I want to use my MR PINCHY in the team. I'd like to level with this team, so when I finally hit level 25, I have a viable pvp team to play against my friends!

Can you give me suggestions as to directions I can take a team that contains mr pinchy?

I do have a team with Mr Pinchy already made.

Magical Crawdad- Surge, Shell Shield, Wish
Singing Sunflower- Solar Beam, Photosynthesis, Sunlight
Snow Owl (Any Breed)- Quills, Shriek, Predatory Strike

Unlike most my other teams you really want to open up with a specific pet, Sunflower. You want to set up weather and then throw out your photosynthesis. Depending on the kind of pets your opponent has you can start solar beaming away (it's not uncommon for people not to be able to deal with this one pet alone)

Thnx to the Weather you can abuse Wish so you can use your first one to heal up your owl or Mr. Pinchy and reach some crazy HP levels. The trick to this comp is Predatory Strike (I need a calculator at hand to make sure when to use this) It does damage and if it gets your target below 25% hp it instant kills them so I usually will subtract the damage it will do from my targets current HP and then divide his theoretical HP by his full hp (which is much higher thnx to Sunny Day) and if is its below .25 (25%) then I use it. With this trick it usually only requires me to use Quills then Predatory strike.

It's a very strong comp. You can really shut down dot teams with Mr. Pinchy and it's always good to have an elemental on your team. You will have to play some mind games when you run into comps who also use weathers so keep that in mind. Tell me if this looks like something you might like.
Hey Kookimonster. I am really sorry but I'm afraid that I couldn't improve on the team. It's a great team for PvE but for PvP there are to many holes in ability synergy. Mech Yeti really has only Blizzard that ties it to the team and Waveling Gyser takes to long and can easily dodged.

Also the pool of blizzard related pets is really shallow and most have terrible breeds.

I tried different variations of almost all the pets ( I avoided Snowman since in 5.3 the whole Runt/Snowman stun to death combo wont be possible anymore due to CC immunities )

All I can offer is my T twelve

Kun-Lai Runt (P/P Breed)- Take Down, Frost Shock, Deep Freeze
Winter's Little Helper- Ice Lance, Blizzard, Ice Tomb
Tundra Penguin (H/P Breed)- Peck, Slippery Ice, Belly Slide

It's a very powerful combo that take advantage of the weather in more then one way plus the Penguins Ice really is amazing defence. If you get the Penguin out when there's a Blizzard+Slippery Ice+ Belly slide you can decimate almost anyone in a matter of turns. Plus you have the Runts usual face melting abilities in the next corner. The Winter's helper Synergy with these two is close to perfect.

Hey thanks alot! After reading your feedback and re-evaluating the team, I am going to look at something else. I do have one more question though ... what is the "t #" that is being referred to? I saw a t fifteen, than you said a t twelve team. Again, thank you for looking at the team.
I've been having good luck with Slippery Ice (chills the enemy, makes them miss more). There's no cooldown to reapply it and swapping out against it doesn't help; so it's a nice little debuff. The defense it provides is completely unreliable but...it puts the enemy offense in a position of unreliability as well. Pretty fun little ability to play around with.

Now I'm trying to find something else to compliment it. The only thing I can really think of is using it as cover for something like Reckless Strike spam.

Right now I'm thinking Tundra Penguin and Vampiric Batling.

My penguin is slow as dirt; but can Surge in the event that he absolutely needs to go first. He can follow up Slippery Ice with Ice Lance spam; and has won some surprising duels doing so despite his mediocre attack power.

The Batling isn't leveled all the way yet; he isn't the fastest nor the strongest of the bats so I'm unconvinced that he is ideal. I do really, really like the Undead passive though. The extra turn providing an additional Reckless is appealing.

I also have literally no idea what to put in the third slot. I fully anticipate something based around Slippery Ice to be gimmicky to the point of not being competitive but I'm interested in ideas that anyone might have for it.
Giant Bone Spider has one of my favorite models in the game and his move pool is pretty unique, but I just can not seem to make him work. I confess I haven't put too much time into developing a team to see just how strong he can be, which is why I'm hoping you might be able to do it for me! :D

So yeah, Giant Bone Spider. I'm not terribly concerned with being competitive in PvP, mostly just finding a team that can really bring out any potential he might have.
Hey thanks alot! After reading your feedback and re-evaluating the team, I am going to look at something else. I do have one more question though ... what is the "t #" that is being referred to? I saw a t fifteen, than you said a t twelve team. Again, thank you for looking at the team.

My first post I mentioned I have tons of premade teams already. If you look at my journal and filter my pets by "T One-Eighteen" (exp T Twelve is the team I posted for you). You will get 3 pets for every number that is a team I have made and tested and approved =P

I have to work so I will get to the new posters later this evening thnx!
I'm wondering if there is a combo there that will do well in PvP. I'm currently out "Dragonboning" to level my Celestial Dragon and Oily Slimeling to finish up the Slime/Fawn/Celestial team and try it first.
02/17/2013 07:44 AMPosted by Aeolyn
Right now I'm thinking Tundra Penguin and Vampiric Batling.

Hmmm I never used slippery ice in that way, let me test this out and see what I can match up with these two.
Giant Bone Spider has one of my favorite models in the game and his move pool is pretty unique, but I just can not seem to make him work. I confess I haven't put too much time into developing a team to see just how strong he can be, which is why I'm hoping you might be able to do it for me! :D

So yeah, Giant Bone Spider. I'm not terribly concerned with being competitive in PvP, mostly just finding a team that can really bring out any potential he might have.

To be honest I think I can make one hell of a PvP team with this guy but I don't think he will be super great for PvE. Pets with Death Grip are amazing for PvP and this spider is one of those rare "fast" undead which is perfect for a death gripping pet since you can do damage, skip their turn and force a pet swap.

*Update-I will work on this team Monday. I spend all my masters for today and wont be able to level the pets this team will need (without grinding Critters /shudder)
02/17/2013 01:00 PMPosted by Orilux
I'm wondering if there is a combo there that will do well in PvP. I'm currently out "Dragonboning" to level my Celestial Dragon and Oily Slimeling to finish up the Slime/Fawn/Celestial team and try it first.

Sure I already have a good team in mind just need to run a quick test.
So I finally got a Sprite Darter Hatchling ... any ideas on a good combo to incorporate him in? I read that he is a rare-er pet to get, so I would like to ensure he has a good pairing and use :)
How does a team with these pets sound:

Clockwork Gnome: Metal Fist/ Repair/ Build Turret
Wild Jade Hatchling : Tail Sweep/ Call Lightning/ Cyclone
Scourged Whelpling: Tail Sweep/ Death & Decay/ Plagued Blood

Basically Call Lighting with Plagued Blood while gaining life from multi-hits attacks?
Ok Hellopanta I'm finished. This one gave me a lot more trouble then I thought it would. Had to get the achievement to pick up Hopling but he really is perfect for this comp.

Corefire Imp- Rush, Immolation, Wild Magic
Hopling- Tongue Lash, Sticky Goo, Backflip
Restless Shadeling (any breed)- Shadow Shock, Plague Blood, Phase Shift
OR
Stitched Pup- Diseased Bite, Howl, Plagued Blood

This comp is really killer it abuses the human racial with the Plagued blood. Hoplings Sticky Goo makes sure that your set up goes off without a hitch. A large portion of my fights my pets would come out near full hp lol.

Now you can use either the pup or the shade but without the shades evasion ur defenseless vs those heavy over the time abilities (like Ice Tomb and Elementium Bolt) but your Pup can Howl/Diseased Bite thnx to the Sticky Goo so it's up to u if you want power or defense.
hey i just got my golden hatchling finally and want to use him in my pvp pet battle team but dont have any clue what would compliment him well and could use some help :)
How does a team with these pets sound:

Clockwork Gnome: Metal Fist/ Repair/ Build Turret
Wild Jade Hatchling : Tail Sweep/ Call Lightning/ Cyclone
Scourged Whelpling: Tail Sweep/ Death & Decay/ Plagued Blood

Basically Call Lighting with Plagued Blood while gaining life from multi-hits attacks?

I have run a variation of this comp it's very good but I would change the Repair to Blitz. Repair is powerful but ur really looking for damage. If you want to heal ur Gnome just back row him and death and decay (with his turrets up) Also the one weakness to this comp is that a anything with a shield spell will shut you down hard. Also there is tons of issue with Cyclone+Lighting+Turrets, the animation takes so long that you will be skipping turns were no one can do anything cuz the timer runs out. Only you will benefit from this because your turrets will just sit on the field hitting your opponent. It's kinda of a bug I guess.