PVP guilds are going broke repairing!

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
If you're just here to tell other people how to play, why don't you just go play your way and leave us to discuss stuff we like to talk about.

:)

Ohh, but then you couldn't force your line of thinking on everyone else. We're here to conform to your thinking. That's right.

Good luck with your crusade, I guess. Although I don't think insulting someone instead of raising counterpoints is helping your argument.

More power to you, I guess.
"instigating pvp in hellfire " ok, killing lowbies costs gold now...
OP, if you and your guild want more gold, then focus on more than just PvP. Do at least enough other things to pay for your repairs. If you are not willing to do enough to do at least that, why should anyone feel sorry for you? Why should they need to give you gold for doing nothing in the way of earning it yourself?
This is a PvE-focused game with PvP as a side-game.

Want gold? Suck it up buttercup
If you're just here to tell other people how to play, why don't you just go play your way and leave us to discuss stuff we like to talk about.

:)

Ohh, but then you couldn't force your line of thinking on everyone else. We're here to conform to your thinking. That's right.

Good luck with your crusade, I guess. Although I don't think insulting someone instead of raising counterpoints is helping your argument.

Where did I insult you? And I'm not here with a crusade.

I just agree with the original poster, strictly PvP characters/guilds can have a hard time maintaining repair costs.

However, keep raising "counterpoints"... Which was, do professions or never have gold. Great "counterpoint"...

I just agree with the original poster, strictly PvP characters/guilds can have a hard time maintaining repair costs.

However, keep raising "counterpoints"... Which was, do professions or never have gold. Great "counterpoint"...
You know, there are some PvP dailies around that you could do to earn some gold!
02/14/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Flatspriest
OP, if you and your guild want more gold, then focus on more than just PvP.

Id prefer not.

why should anyone feel sorry for you?

I asked to consider adding more guild achievements, not for someone to feel sorry.

Why should they need to give you gold for doing nothing in the way of earning it yourself?

... winning aint easy
This is a PvE-focused game with PvP as a side-game.

Want gold? Suck it up buttercup

No sorry, that's a perspective you have.

To me this is a pvp game with a pve side game.

See what happened there buttercup?
Imagine... imagine a world where adventurers adventured. And during those adventures, they found a farm. And on that farm they could grow things. And it only took 5 minutes a day to plant and re-plant seeds that grew into wondrously sellable goodies.

Now wouldnt that be amazing....
but Graybow ... thats 5 less minutes in a battleground!!

I hear ya though.. Just like everyone else here. Theres tons of ways to get money! There are! but.. i dont want to do any and that's fine. I'll be fine.

I'm more interested in getting money for the guild and its repairs, from doing what I do. Thats pvp.

edit: and i know im not the only one... Which again, is why i post here! for people who only want to pvp and have pvp focused guilds.
.... you make like 1000g per day doing dailies. on average im 10k+ richer each week just from dailies and mucking around. then i go and dump it all on more mounts and silly things. gold is basically thrown at you now. you cant bleed it fast enough.

I hear ya though.. Just like everyone else here. Theres tons of ways to get money! There are! but.. i dont want to do any and that's fine. I'll be fine.

I'm more interested in getting money for the guild and its repairs, from doing what I do. Thats pvp.

edit: and i know im not the only one... Which again, is why i post here! for people who only want to pvp and have pvp focused guilds.
Then go out and do the PvP dailies that are scattered around the world...of warcraft.
02/14/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Ravon
hear ya though.. Just like everyone else here. Theres tons of ways to get money! There are! but.. i dont want to do any and that's fine. I'll be fine.

Tons of ways to get money and you want more money for not doing any of those ways.

Yeah okay, no sympathy here for that. You are just lazy.

Money doesnt exactly roll into PVE guilds pockets either. After flasks, repairs (much much higher repairs than PVP guilds), food, etc, PVE guilds struggle too. So we make money the old fashioned way.. we earn it.

You know, there are some PvP dailies around that you could do to earn some gold!

Why don't YOU go do PvP dailies, I'd rather PvP.
02/14/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Ravon

What about organising a guild group to go do Wintergrasp, or Tol Barad?

02/14/2013 04:45 PMPosted by Nugglesworth
Why don't YOU go do PvP dailies, I'd rather PvP.

The thing is, people are offering up valid suggestions for you guys... you're the ones shooting them all down.
Seems the point has faded completely at this point..

it's not about me doing dailies and or depositing my own gold to give to members to repair. I know i can do that and we have very gracious members who also do that.

The point AGAIN is that [I think] guilds should have more options as a guild to get guild bank achievements like in PVE, but as PVP!

The thing is, people are offering up valid suggestions for you guys... you're the ones shooting them all down.

thats true but the OP wasnt to get suggestions it was asking for consideration allowing pvp guilds to have guild bank achievements to help repairs.

Now the organizing wintergrasp or Tol barad is a good idea, we have.. i dont think we got any achieves for it though..
At the risk of having an unpopular opinion and being bombarded with "learn to level your professions" or "do dailies", I really think Blizzard shouldn't shortchange PvPers when it comes to gold and other rewards. If PvE guilds can obtain gold by doing dailies, dungeon as well as an automatic incoming amount of gold with each dungeon or raid, then I think it's high time PvPers got a little something as an equivalent as well (from battlegrounds, arenas, RBGs as well as guild BGs, arenas or RBGs).

Make it so that every honorable kill or honor points can offer a certain amount or percent of gold even if it is small. Anywhere would be a good start.

It won't even affect any PvE-ers or other players, really.
I don't fully agree with the OP (there is no reason to not farm gold in SOME way), but there should be more gold from PvP, if even from looting enemy players.

I know Blizz acknowledged this at one point, but never really had a plan of action.