Story Forum Community Lounge 55

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
What would you do with the Thunder King via an expansion or say Yogg.
02/17/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Valius
What would you do with the Thunder King via an expansion or say Yogg.

Well if the Thunder King was the last boss of Mists of Pandaria, you eliminate the stupid faction war, and have the mogu and Zandalari trying to conquer the continent on a much larger scale shown in game.

I would have made an entire tier dedicated to the Mantid too, instead of just one raid that really doesn't satisfy your accomplishment of stopping the swarm.
I do have to agree that I was expecting more damage to the actual continent because of us.

But I was expecting that in the patches.
I'm actually a little disappointed with the Thunder King. He's gonna be Yogg'saron 2.0.

A powerful enemy that was worthy of their own expansion, not just one tier.

I don't think he's worthy of an expansion. He may be powerful, but that's because he stole the power from a Watcher and had legions of Mogu at his command plus the Zandalar. What were trying to do is stop him from getting too powerful. Now if he was already alive and had his legions at his command maybe his own expansion. But not after just being revived after thousands of years.

Yogg I don't think needed his own expansion either. I loved how Ulduar worked out honestly. I loved in Wrath, shocking myself, the little tidbits of stuff that lead up to Yogg.
02/17/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Rufyn
I agree with Katarn. I was expecting a total war over on Pandaria, destroying parts of zones for the war factories, maybe having some Grizzly Hills type PvP areas, and instead we get dailies killing rabbit men.

I rather them not destroy the zones just to show the war. Plus Landfall was kind of like Grizzly Hills, better in my opinion.

Just too much focus on dailies from people. Blizzard probably should of added the way to earn rep that coming in 5.2 in the beginning of the expansion.
I do have to agree that I was expecting more damage to the actual continent because of us.

But I was expecting that in the patches.

Everything seems to go smoothly from here on out. Though Patch 5.3 may be when damage is actually done to the continent(Maybe I don't know).
I honestly wouldn't even buy an expansion based around the Thunder King. The Mogu, Pandaren, etc etc...I don't care about them. I don't find them interesting or exciting. There just a minor group who were going to wipe out when we're not even throwing our full force at them.
Therein lies the issue of an expansion based on Thunder King.
02/17/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Katarn
I honestly wouldn't even buy an expansion based around the Thunder King. The Mogu, Pandaren, etc etc...I don't care about them. I don't find them interesting or exciting. There just a minor group who were going to wipe out when we're not even throwing our full force at them.

Wow, what a wonderful way to look at something lol.
Because it's totally true.

The reason Pandaria sucks is because there is no danger. The mogu were always weak and the Sha area threat limited to Pandaria. Who gives a damn.

I think that's false. There is a danger, you probably just don't care. The Mogu are a threat as much as the Sha. A lot of people give a damn. The Mogu and the Zandalari are trying to take Pandaria away from the Pandaren and have no qualms with kicking them out.

The Sha are literally emotion incarnate and if you don't control yourself they will take control of you or utterly destroy your life. Pandaria is a dangerous place in some ways but also beautiful.
Well, if they made the mogu the primary threat, they would have made them more powerful and we wouldn't have any memory of the current Mists of Pandaria.

The reason Pandaria sucks is because there is no danger. The mogu were always weak and the Sha area threat limited to Pandaria. Who gives a damn.

I think there is a danger. The Sha do only manifest on Pandaria, but they can still leave. What if one of the big bad guys gets out? What if they were capable of spreading the influence of the Sha and allow them to manifest outside of Pandaria?

I also don't see the Mogu as weak maybe low on numbers, but when it's compared to the Horde and Alliance together with Pandaren and whoever else then of course they aren't going to seem like much of a threat, but who is?

You seem to be looking at this at a birds eye view and not as your character, which is what I like to do.

I think there is a danger. The Sha do only manifest on Pandaria, but they can still leave. What if one of the big bad guys gets out? What if they were capable of spreading the influence of the Sha and allow them to manifest outside of Pandaria?

I also don't see the Mogu as weak maybe low on numbers, but when it's compared to the Horde and Alliance together with Pandaren and whoever else then of course they aren't going to seem like much of a threat, but who is?

You seem to be looking at this at a birds eye view and not as your character, which is what I like to do.

I look at it from both sides. It doesn't take much to realize how dangerous the Mogu and the Sha are. I make jokes about how the Sha would have a field day with the Forums and the States(Yes Canada since we have Canadians here). It would be dangerous.
I just started the brawl gar arena today. Damn it is addicting

I look at it from both sides. It doesn't take much to realize how dangerous the Mogu and the Sha are. I make jokes about how the Sha would have a field day with the Forums and the States(Yes Canada since we have Canadians here). It would be dangerous.

Tis true. What if the Sha are affecting our players or other people and we don't realize it? What if they are just subtly manipulation our emotions with no real notice to others?

The mogu, honestly I'm not sure. I think they could be a potential threat if they were utilized to their potential, but right now they aren't. They are still a threat and dangerous enemy of course.
02/17/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Rufyn
We have yet to see ANY Sha leave Pandaria. AND they don't manifest from Saurok or Mogu, meaning that they do not effect Titanic constructs, so they wouldn't effect Dwarves, Tol'Vir, Gnomes, or Vrykul. Technically they shouldn't even effect humans.

There no proof they don't effect Titan Constructs. Mogu you could say don't really have emotions because they are constructs. Saurok I imagine they don't effect because they seem to be more instinctual creatures that aren't controlled by emotions.

They should add more Sha manipulations in game besides the very limited that we have seen.

02/17/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Rufyn
It's also in the middle of the ocean and completely pointless. It was doing just fine until we showed up. The sha are weak.

It was doing fine of course because they knew what to avoid. With the Alliance and Horde coming with raging negative emotions and their War they have unlocked the Sha and some of it's most dangerous manifestations.

I honestly wish they would of made it that the Mist's that was hiding Pandaria was also holding back the influence of the Sha on the rest of Azeroth. This way it could of made us realize more why the War between Alliance and Horde is stupid.