Blizz gave up on SoJ

Paladin
Post Limit:
Blizz is just giving up on trying to fix seal of justice...

Went from something that I and most rets RARELY use: Fills you with Holy Light, causing melee attacks to deal 16% additional Holy damage and reduce the target's movement speed by 50% for 8 sec.

To something I got excited about: The attacking Paladin's next Templar's Verdict striking this target will also deal 25% weapon damage as Holy per application of Justice. Stacks up to 5 times. Lasts 20 sec.

To a fairly useless buff (+4% Dmg): Fills you with Holy Light, causing melee attacks to deal 20% additional Holy damage and reduce the target's movement speed by 50% for 8 sec.

Does Blizz just not really care about our "PvP Seal"? I feel as though they tried to balance it, found some problems, and then just gave up... Wheres the Justice in that???

Give us some (any) burst outside of wings / cd stacking, because when I am glowing and obviously using my cd's it just places a giant sign that reads "CC ME!". With so many cc's in the game, by the time I get out (if i didnt trink or bubble) my burst is gone and I play the: stay-alive-till-cd's-are-back-up game...

I propose making Hammer of Wrath and/or Templar's Verdict hit harder than a wet noodle, put it on par with other dps classes "hard hitting" moves.
There's another thread about this very topic: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923492820

And the reasons why they reverted it and why you should be okay with it are there.

Namely: It was clunky as all get-out during its most stable iteration.
They would've removed its snare, a big sacrifice for people not willing to spec into Burden of Guilt.
The buffs that were required to make it more usable and polished would've taken a lot longer to test out than the PTRs had time for (we have two weeks left).
They buffed our PvP 4-set to reduce Avenging Wrath's cooldown to 2 minutes to compensate, in addition to buffing the upfront damage SoJ causes.

Most Rets will still be using Truth, but it won't be such a bad choice to seal twist between SoJ and SoT, especially if you need to keep a target slowed.
There's another thread about this very topic: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923492820

And the reasons why they reverted it and why you should be okay with it are there.

Namely: It was clunky as all get-out during its most stable iteration.
They would've removed its snare, a big sacrifice for people not willing to spec into Burden of Guilt.
The buffs that were required to make it more usable and polished would've taken a lot longer to test out than the PTRs had time for (we have two weeks left).
They buffed our PvP 4-set to reduce Avenging Wrath's cooldown to 2 minutes to compensate, in addition to buffing the upfront damage SoJ causes.

Most Rets will still be using Truth, but it won't be such a bad choice to seal twist between SoJ and SoT, especially if you need to keep a target slowed.

All together it sounds better than I had originally thought, but what happens when the season after that starts? Will they remember that AW helps us in PvP at a 2min cd? Most likely not, and it just causes more stuff to balance around and less time fixing actual spec problems.

All together it sounds better than I had originally thought, but what happens when the season after that starts? Will they remember that AW helps us in PvP at a 2min cd? Most likely not, and it just causes more stuff to balance around and less time fixing actual spec problems.

Well, Set bonuses are generally the same throughout the seasons unless big changes are warranted (such as ours getting changed). Never mind they already buffed the 2 set bonus to provide 1000 PvP Power up from 800 PvP Power as well.

We also did get a decent chunk of utility and self-healing back in 5.2, so I imagine playing the wait game between burst cooldowns won't be so hard. I'm hoping they end up reverting AW to 2 minutes baseline, but other than that, I think we'll be okay in PvP.
If the PvP 4 set bonus was "Removes the cost on Inquisition but adds a 30 sec cd to it" and the AW was at a baseline 2min cd for the spec and/or class, I believe this would help our dmg outside of cd's without changing too much (wouldn't have to waste HP on Inquisition)

Especially since most people who have problems with Inquistion are just having problems with keeping it up every 30 secs and not the building HP for it...

*note* I don't have problems keeping Inquisition up, just hate the gimped dmg we do while initially trying to build HP for it...

From the thread you posted:
Calcifix: In short, a PVP setting punishes the current Ret mechanics because Ret's damage and survival are gimped by Ret's need to buff their damage and survival.