[Ret] Give us back stun removal

Paladin
After all the changes to ret so far there is still see no real reason that I can see to bring one to competitive PVP.

Raising DPS and our healing isnt the fix that were looking for ( it is very much welcomed however ). Classes that are 'demanded' in pvp are classes that have unique abilities that other classes dont, eg Deathgrip, Solar beam, Powerful ranged dps, long lasting survivability eg Our biggest gripe as ret is that our holy brothers have all the tricks we have plus healing which is highly sought after.

Adding a utility to our empty belt to remove stuns would greatly improve our popularity in groups and give our spec line a niche on the battlefield. We once had this great ability and it was taken from us. Rets suffer enough from gap closing and to be stunned only further cripples us on the battlefield as a strong melee support class.

Ret paladins should be a class that if played correctly should ensure an easy victory through supporting others however if one chooses to go solo they can still excel on the battlefield in casting all there supportive spells on themselves instead.

I fail to see how giving this to ret paladins could break pvp when there are other broken classes running around with far superior abilities.
I agree w/ Vorrn, we need something that sets us apart from the other melee dps. We need to have something that makes people think "Yeah we could combine that with a ret's ____ and it would work great!". Something to make people actually want us...
We are already getting a magic cleanse with Hand of Sacrifice in 5.2. We're not going to get a stun removal ability to.
02/25/2013 11:10 PMPosted by Lobster
I agree w/ Vorrn, we need something that sets us apart from the other melee dps.

...You mean like a magic dispel? >__>

i was waiting for someone smart to say that lol.... so what does ret have that holy doesn't again?
Our biggest gripe as ret is that our holy brothers have all the tricks we have plus healing which is highly sought after.

i was waiting for someone smart to say that lol.... so what does ret have that holy doesn't again?

Holy isn't a melee spec. The change separates us from other melee specs, not from holy. That is a different issue, one that a single patch won't be able to address.

wasn't that the topic? aaaah nvm you mean what the other person said i got where you were going with that.
Blinding Light now has a 1.8-second cast time for Holy Paladins. It remains instant cast for Retribution and Protection.

Ret will have instant cast blinding light that holy will no longer have
you say we have a dispel but it is only for our allies

"When Hand of Sacrifice is cast by a Retribution Paladin, all harmful magic effects are removed from the party or raid member."

last i knew Hand of Sacrifice is not a spell we can cast on ourselves it is also on a 2 min CD

it is great for team environments but it makes no change for our personal survival.

i still personally would think the magic cleanse mechanic would be better with salvation so we can cleanse ourselves and give that hand spell a use in PVP than sacrifice but it is probably way to late in the PTR now for that to change.
02/25/2013 07:58 AMPosted by Pipikaula
Well, ah...in PvP you're going to be doing crap damage no matter what. PvP power doesn't apply to your damage, so...

That isn't entirely true. A resto druid using Heart of the Wild to go kitty can do some decent face-shredding. I actually disagree with the OP and think that we shouldn't get additional damage-modifiers on top of that, as it would make for some insane burst, which is what the developers are specifically trying to avoid in PvP.

That's pretty much what I was thinking of, haha.
I just feel like I'm missing out because mastery is my main stat. If I went crit or haste, that would help me out there, but I can't. Not too important though.
Actually though, we do need something to make us RBG viable. Even though I was able to get 2k this season in RBGs as Ret, (before you say it's impossible, no I didn't win trade or get carried. If I got carried, I'd be 2.2k, and achievement was earned after win trading was dealt with. So yes, I legit earned it, and am very proud of myself.... Anyways....) that doesn't mean we're viable. I only got it because I lead my guild group that got it. We're still missing that AoE ability that will make us viable. We'll be getting shorter CD on burst next patch, as well has decent offheals, but with Holy owning nearly all of our utility, plus being mandatory as an FC guard, it makes it hard for us to get into groups.

Possible suggestion: Reduce Devotion Aura CD by half for Rets. This will make us desired to have more of a counter to Solar Beam. Having a Ret and Holy would mean that nearly every Solar Beam would be able to be countered.

Also: Glyph of Blinding Light (Ret change only). Make this give a 5 yard further range, and to not DR with other stuns. (Except maybe Charge) Also, possibly increase duration to 4 seconds, up from 3. (Though that may be overkill) Also, not sure if it is or not right now, but make it undispellable.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head right now, I'm tired, but those, plus all of our extra buffs, would likely help bring Ret into RBGs dramatically. We can fill in that extra slot that is always taken by a double up on a class, and can finally, for the first time in history, be wanted in RBGs.
02/26/2013 02:05 AMPosted by Pàndá

That isn't entirely true. A resto druid using Heart of the Wild to go kitty can do some decent face-shredding. I actually disagree with the OP and think that we shouldn't get additional damage-modifiers on top of that, as it would make for some insane burst, which is what the developers are specifically trying to avoid in PvP.

That's pretty much what I was thinking of, haha.
I just feel like I'm missing out because mastery is my main stat. If I went crit or haste, that would help me out there, but I can't. Not too important though.

Why the hell did this post here...?
lobster i said it works well in team environments, it makes no change in solo environments tho was what i was saying.

and i never knew salvation could be used while cc'd (never needed to or tried to use it when cc'd) so yes salvation would be overpowered if it is usable while cc'd.

and i know that our heals were buffed and also purity being buffed but what paladin takes purity at this time for pvp?

also would you really want to use a spell that already has good tactical use now in pvp for a dispel? yes the reward is better when used correctly/at the best time but if you use it as a dispel you might be wasting its other use or if you use it as a cc breaker you might be wasting the dispel.

it seems poorly thought out to me personally but that's the thing its my own personal opinion, just like what you said is yours.
02/25/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Johnhywind

...You mean like a magic dispel? >__>

It's alright, call me stupid for having an opinion that the hand of sac change doesn't really set us apart from other melee dps. Its my opinion just like yours is...
Hand of Sac change is nice, same with hand of purity... unbreakable spirit needs a tweak to make it more competitive for that teir.

I would welcome any ability that breaks any type of CC for ret.

After playing my DK and War, I cannot stand sitting in chain fears for 13-14 seconds at a time.
What would REALLY help is Diving Protection being 35% both physical AND magic damage AND useable while stunned.

Maybe a 45 second CD aswell.