Any chance Spirit of Harmony will be BoA 5.2?

Professions
After MoP already being unfriendly to alts, having spirits not be BoA makes even professions non alt friendly. Having them be BoA would cut down on an already tedious farming task for many recipes at max level. Blizzard made it so you have to be revered with Golden Lotus to start dailies for other factions as to make it easier on fresh 90s, and not to overwhelm them. This I understand. But doing that, then immediately turning around and saying that a main ingredient for many recipes at max level is not account bound and the motes you need to create it have a relatively low drop rate is a bit contradictory. Because while not having as many dailies that they may or may not do, they will have to farm for possibly hours, dependent of RNG, to be able to make one thing. What is worse is having two characters at max level in their professions one needing the spirits and having none, and the other having the spirits with nothing to do with them except trading them at usually a bad deal to a vendor for something else. My point is with an already alt unfriendly expansion, I do hope they make a few quality of life changes such as this one to make having multiple characters less of a chore and more of what WoW should be, a fun game.
No chance, if it hasn't been changed already(which it hasn't) it will not be changed in the 2 weeks before going live.

Farms are there for a reason along with the dino bones/solo scenario that are coming with 5.2 that will just rain down spirits on people. I'd honestly be surprised if they even make them more than bop this expac especially since they're making them easier to farm.

And how is it unfriendly to alts? they already give you a double rep token you can buy on another character you are atleast revered with, there's also the 50% more valor after hitting 1k for the week on another(neither of these existed in any expac before MoP). 5.2 is adding dailies for rep on the farm that take all of 10secs to do for free rep, it also has boa tokens for 1-2k rep off new rarespawns making the rep grind even more of a joke.

Just because there aren't tabards you can wear around in dungeons by no means makes the game less alt friendly, honestly with the new changes in 5.2 i'd say it's more alt friendly than it's ever been.
i dont see spirits becoming boa or boe anytime soon, likely the last patch of the xpack. If they were going to be changed for 5.2 we very likely would know by now.

The idea is to give more power to characters that are being played. If you want an item that uses spirits for your alt. Farm spirits and craft something on your main, sell it and buy what it is you want for your alt.

while i do agree this xpack is by far less alt friendly than the past, i dont agree that it has much of anything to do with spirits of harmony as in cata their equivalent(chaos orbs) were bop as well.
I don't really see any reason to change them at all. Supply seems fine for level 90 mains.

If Blizzard did change it however, it likely wouldn't be until 5.4 in 6-8 months.
I don't really see any reason to change them at all. Supply seems fine for level 90 mains.

If Blizzard did change it however, it likely wouldn't be until 5.4 in 6-8 months.

Who cares about mains? We are talking alts here. Having SoH BoP is alt unfriendly. I am forced to play a toon I would rather not play just to make an item. They should be BoA.
02/21/2013 09:50 PMPosted by Yuzuriha
I am forced to play a toon I would rather not play just to make an item.

Just like you had to do in cata. I trade with friends for things i cant make yet. They will be BOA/BOE eventually.
Who cares about mains? We are talking alts here. Having SoH BoP is alt unfriendly. I am forced to play a toon I would rather not play just to make an item. They should be BoA.

why do you think characters that are not being played be on equal footing with characters that are?
I've started supporting BoA spirits even though I like having just the one character. More people will buy my glyphs if they feel like they can do more with alts.
its frustrating when you need to buy things for a toon with SoH yet you PvP and are a healer. Am I suppose to buy a ret set just to go farm them on my pally, or just farm them in holy? I have 20 SoH on other toons that I don't need for anything.
03/10/2013 04:52 PMPosted by Spìre
Am I suppose to buy a ret set just to go farm them on my pally, or just farm them in holy?

that or you could just grow them on your farm, i have like 200 of them from that. I was expecting 5.2 epic craftables to use them but it seems not.