Top Damage pets

Pet Battles
Hey guys, trying to figure out which pets are best for raw damage. Just using the damage rating doesn't usually relate to how much damage the pet actually does.

Here is a list of pet's I've found to have excellent damage, please add to this.

Kun-Lai Runt - run this with a "call blizzard" pet for max efficiency
Tiny Snowman - rared up he's awesome, fast and has stun
Gilnean Raven - Call of Darkness and Nocturnal Strike are a great 1-2
Pandaren Fire Spirit - Flamethrower + double damage Conflagrate = awesome
Darkmoon Tonk - This pet throws out the damage, has a stun, and can res
Lil' Ragnaros - He is very slow, but his damage is exceptional

Please don't add the Fluxfire Feline as it is getting nerfed in 5.2... and it's lame.
some of the pets you list are getting nerfed come 5.2 also, such as conflag, etc
Clockwork Gnome + Lightning Storm - A damage making machine.
Anodized Robo Cub - Even after the nurf this guy will still be hitting like a truck
Lil Deathwing - Roll+Cataclysm tends to end with 1 or 2 shots.
02/17/2013 07:04 PMPosted by Jêner
Kun-Lai Runt - run this with a "call blizzard" pet for max efficiency

Deep Freeze was nerfed to 4 rounds.

Tiny Snowman - rared up he's awesome, fast and has stun

Same as above.

Gilnean Raven - Call of Darkness and Nocturnal Strike are a great 1-2

Darkness Teams as a whole was nerfed.

Pandaren Fire Spirit - Flamethrower + double damage Conflagrate = awesome

Overall damage output was nerfed on Conflag.

Darkmoon Tonk - This pet throws out the damage, has a stun, and can res

Unreliable, and Ion Cannon is a death sentence for yourself.

Lil' Ragnaros - He is very slow, but his damage is exceptional

Same as Fire Spirit.

If you only care about "raw" damage without practicality, Surge of Power and Ion Cannon are the only remaining attacks with a 2.5 ATK ratio, and Solar Beam has a 3.0 ATK ratio. Using any of these is basically a death sentence for your pet though.

As a side note, all users of Solar Beam have horrible ATK, except for Soul of the Aspects at 301. Its Solar Beam will top out at 642, + 321 in Sunlight, for a total of 963. This is the hardest hitting ability in 5.2 (without buffs), but currently Lil' Ragnaros beats it in 5.1 with a 984 Conflag.

Either way, your not gonna see these abilities used much.
Hey guys,

I appreciate your responses, but I was hoping for more of a list of what you think are powerful pets. Also some of your statements are misleading. The 2 biggest changes to pet battles in my opinion are going to be reflection becoming deflection (which makes it a block) and the fluxfire feline being nerfed.

As for the changes to the pets I had listed in my original post, below I'll explain why I think it is still valid.

Deep Freeze is getting a 1 turn longer cooldown, but that will have a minor effect on it's extreme utility. It does damage and stuns, and if you are using the Kun-Lai runt Takedown is still a monster hit, it basically forces a pet swap.

Darkness is being nerfed, the duration of darkness is being reduced to 5 turns instead of 9, but if you are using the Gilnean Raven that I mentioned it won't effect damage at all because darkness by itself does a bunch of damage and it should be in the rotation whenever its up anyway.

As for the Tonk, I agree that Ion Cannon is dumb, I don't use it. I use his lock-on ability instead, which also does a ton of damage. when you pair a pet with high damage and one that uses Sandstorm, the amount of damage a single target, instant damage pet will do over a DoT pet is extreme.

Although Conflagrate is getting a small nerf to its bonus damage, it's base damage is increasing, so a base hit will be 120% what it is now and a bonus hit will be 192% (currently its 200%) so this is a nerf, but a very small one, and against an elemental opponent it will actually help more than it will hurt.

Please keep throwing up some lists! I want to see what you guys think.
Lokkth,

What configuration do you run you robo cub?
I assume it's Bite, Repair, Maul?

Let me know
02/17/2013 09:42 PMPosted by Jêner
Although Conflagrate is getting a small nerf to its bonus damage, it's base damage is increasing, so a base hit will be 120% what it is now and a bonus hit will be 192% (currently its 200%) so this is a nerf, but a very small one, and against an elemental opponent it will actually help more than it will hurt.

Bonus hit was reduced to 40%.......so thats a lot more than the 8% you listed.
Feline Familiar, prowl and darkness hits like a truck.
Nothing says fun like my Pandaren Water Spirit's Geyser & Whirlpool followed up with a swarm/howl.

Unfortunately I can't have this kind of fun because so many of the teams I fight include at -least- 1 reflect.
I don't think Ion Cannon is as bad as people are making it out to be. Most players assume you to be running Lock-Out in that slot instead. The sudden surge of damage has saved me from other players on multiple occasions.

Also it makes a hilarious "Well, I'm going to lose so I may as well use this" button. It's obviously just pure luck; but an Ion critical pretty much wins a losing battle instantly if you're down to 1v1.

Mind you this is purely from the perspective of the Darkmoon Tonk. I've been using him near constantly since pet battles were introduced.
I'm also voting in on lil deathwing if he has both the roll and the dragonkin buff his bolt and cataclysm abilities put out the highest single hit damage ive seen including even that ridiculous fluxfire. I have seen single hits in excess of 2500 damage often. No other pet I have does that much damage without weather buffs or other very situational buffs.
Tranquil Mechanical Yeti

I've been running a lightening Storm DoT team, and have Ion Cannon on him. I can't count the number of times where I neeeeeded to finish off a certain pet, and used it, or was down to 1v1 and POW, right to the kisser! Really, moves like that you have to use in the correct time, in the correct place, and in those situations, they are king. Saying they are terrible is dumb, because a good player WON'T use them in the wrong places.
Lokkth,

Let me know

Demolish
Repair
Supercharge.

The super charge nurf, will effect the damage output of the bear, but not by much. The change to supercharge is basically making it a 4 turn CD, and doing 125% dmg instead of 150%. DMG wise its not much of a change.

Basically, Demolish (pretty much the hardest hitting single attack around) +125% is still going to nearly 1 shot any pet; and with demolishes miss rate you tend to not need to worry about how long the supercharge CD is.

My generall strat for using him is, Supercharge > Demolish > (if hit) Repair > (if miss) > Demolish > (if 60% hp or lower) Repair.

The fact that demolish has such a high miss rate dosent matter as the robo cub can tank so much dmg (my repairs usually heal for over 1000). Eventually you will land a hit which will in general (after the nurf) still hit for a MINIMUM of 1350, and if the RNG gods are in your favor you will 1 shot most pets, if not a 2nd demolish will be over kill :)'

As long as you are not fighting another super hard hitter or an elemental this guy will win almost any fight through his survivability.

EDIT - for comparisons sake the old Demolish + Supercharge hit for around 1550, 1 shotting normal HP pets, but still letting higher hp pets survive. The main difference the nurf makes is that there will be a few more pets out there that will need to be hit 2 times.
Lokkth,

Let me know

Demolish
Repair
Supercharge.

The super charge nurf, will effect the damage output of the bear, but not by much. The change to supercharge is basically making it a 4 turn CD, and doing 125% dmg instead of 150%. DMG wise its not much of a change.

Basically, Demolish (pretty much the hardest hitting single attack around) +125% is still going to nearly 1 shot any pet; and with demolishes miss rate you tend to not need to worry about how long the supercharge CD is.

My generall strat for using him is, Supercharge > Demolish > (if hit) Repair > (if miss) > Demolish > (if 60% hp or lower) Repair.

The fact that demolish has such a high miss rate dosent matter as the robo cub can tank so much dmg (my repairs usually heal for over 1000). Eventually you will land a hit which will in general (after the nurf) still hit for a MINIMUM of 1350, and if the RNG gods are in your favor you will 1 shot most pets, if not a 2nd demolish will be over kill :)'

As long as you are not fighting another super hard hitter or an elemental this guy will win almost any fight through his survivability.

EDIT - for comparisons sake the old Demolish + Supercharge hit for around 1550, 1 shotting normal HP pets, but still letting higher hp pets survive. The main difference the nurf makes is that there will be a few more pets out there that will need to be hit 2 times.

You realize supercharge lasts 1 round right next patch right? Bear is going to be useless next patch, you gamble everything on that less than 50% chance to hit.
really? Hadnt seen that supercharge change. From what I had seen it was, 4 turn CD, 125% Dmg. Will look it up. Either way it dosent change his survivability, switch it with maul if need be, just means he will actually be able to hi things.

ah your right; dang. Still, it wont change him from being a heavy hitter, demolish can do a tonne of damage by itself.
Most of the pets you mentioned are very strong and will stay very strong. Tonk is all right, his strongest move is ion cannon which really is best used as a finisher or right before you die. His downfall is his speed, he is slower than most mech pets so he goes last and hits for similar damage.

1) Lil Deathwing - really strong can end the fight in 2 turns.
2) Murkimus the gladiator - really super strong too. The only humanoid that can beat undead and many others.
3) Yellow moth - just a very strong pet.
4) Pandaren Water Elemental - has 2 moves it can line up that hit pretty hard, one being defensive.
5) Blighthawk - Ghostly Bite plus lift off.

Most CE pets are pretty strong too.
really? Hadnt seen that supercharge change. From what I had seen it was, 4 turn CD, 125% Dmg. Will look it up. Either way it dosent change his survivability, switch it with maul if need be, just means he will actually be able to hi things.

ah your right; dang. Still, it wont change him from being a heavy hitter, demolish can do a tonne of damage by itself.

The bear is pretty hilarious with Mr. Wiggles.

So there's always that; nerf or no nerf.
The bear is pretty hilarious with Mr. Wiggles.

So there's always that; nerf or no nerf.

Shhh we don't talk about the fight club here. Mr. Wiggles, yellow moth, Anodized bear.