Burst nerf in 5.2

Arenas
Is the ridiculous burst AND CC that every class has now going to be toned down in 5.2?

Sick of getting globaled CC -> dead in arenas...
nope going to get worse
L2 adapt
Actually, it got buffed marginally for almost every class.
There is no l2adapt, burst is burst and I just got off of PTR recently and lets just say, it's not only worse, but a few classes that I won't mention (MAGE) can hit for 320+ frostbolts with full Tyran gear on (65%+ resil).

I looked at mmo history and look at blue posts saying burst needs to be controlled and witness PTR (that comes out in 2 weeks now) and actually wonder if Blizzard really knows what they are saying versus what they are doing.
There is no l2adapt, burst is burst and I just got off of PTR recently and lets just say, it's not only worse, but a few classes that I won't mention (MAGE) can hit for 320+ frostbolts with full Tyran gear on (65%+ resil).

I looked at mmo history and look at blue posts saying burst needs to be controlled and witness PTR (that comes out in 2 weeks now) and actually wonder if Blizzard really knows what they are saying versus what they are doing.

I agree.. I'm out of PVP for awhile. Its just too stupid you die within a CC, never getting to play your toon. It just sucks PVE has gotten mundane too.

Whats even worse is no one wants to PVP anymore because of this.. so you end up doing arenas and rated BGs against 1500 - 2000 teams when your only 600.

I dont think its THAT difficult to do some balancing for PVP... blizzard just doesn't want to.
I actually like Burst-style PvP, but its just too frustrating in its current form.

Wrath had it right; it was just as bursty as the game is now, but it required greater setup, better coordination, and perfect CC.

Now, with all the instant and length CC's in the game and cooldowns/immunities that allow you to literally just pop something and sit back as things die, the game is frustrating and annoying. They're left the burst without the skill.
I actually like Burst-style PvP, but its just too frustrating in its current form.

Wrath had it right; it was just as bursty as the game is now, but it required greater setup, better coordination, and perfect CC.

Now, with all the instant and length CC's in the game and cooldowns/immunities that allow you to literally just pop something and sit back as things die, the game is frustrating and annoying. They're left the burst without the skill.

if you want mindless pvp, go play call of duty.

You think cata or mop pvp is better than WOTLK? No wonder , why MLG isn't hosting wow tournaments anymore. Wow became an e-mas...bation that only wow players care.
Remember how much everyone loved cata pvp?

Oh right, no one because it was garbage and boring

I did enjoy stomping Feral/Disc in 2s as RDruid/Ele and getting nasty rage filled messages from alts.

I have no way to back this up whatsoever, but I felt like they added CDs to each class in Cata... or at least shortened the CDs. There is little consequence for blowing big CDs. Especially with crap like prep/readiness.
L2 reroll

It was actually pretty decent for me. Even with rogues, ferals, and hunters tearing me a new one.
They mentioned possibly buffing base res to 50%, but I'm not sure that's the answer.
02/20/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Lavatots
They mentioned possibly buffing base res to 50%, but I'm not sure that's the answer.
Actually that'd do a lot more than you think.
02/20/2013 10:41 PMPosted by Lavatots

thatd be wonderful
Is the ridiculous burst AND CC that every class has now going to be toned down in 5.2?

Sick of getting globaled CC -> dead in arenas...

If everyone has CC and everyone has burst and everyone can global in CC, then why you don't do as everyone?
I remember reading something about how Blizzard's thoughts on CC is that it adds depth to PvP, which is fine, but why not move away from instant cast AoE(especially 360 AoE, but frontal cones are just as awful) CC and start making all CC casted, LoSable and susceptible to interrupts?