In terms of PVP, how will rogues be improving

Rogue
Post Limit:
...in patch 5.2? I see that we are getting buffed, but haven't seen anything to really jump out at me and make me think we will be dominant again.
Prep going baseline, CoS cooldown halving, Warrior stunlock getting nerfed, Halo not breaking stealth.
There are other ones I can't think of right now.
02/16/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Ralfie
...in patch 5.2? I see that we are getting buffed, but haven't seen anything to really jump out at me and make me think we will be dominant again.

We might not necessarily be dominant but we'll most definitely be more than viable.

Still won't stop KFC randomly 1 shotting you though
4% increase to sanguary vein I prob spelled it wrong, I mean all in all we aren't getting like SUPERRRR buffed like everyone makes it out to be, granted we get prep baseline ok that is good, but I think we will just be moved up to be on Par with other classes, a lot of these ppl with the "I cant wait for 5.2 we are back to god mode" mentality are going to be pretty disappointed, I mean if you can't play a rogue now you prob can't in 5.2.
4% extra damage on vein... but the prep is baseline is BIG.

not all super buffs come in the form of a flat damage increase. more often then not its in having access to another ability that you didn't before and that making all the difference.

rogues choosing between prep and shadowstep WITH crip being 50% AND shiv changing really mangled the class for pvp. NOT having to choose between prep and shadowstep is BIG. if you want burst of speed they also reduced the cost of it by almost 1/2, from 50 to 30 energy. they took cloak off of prep but then also cut its cd in half.

the damage from ST will be more now and for those who take it that will be great. there are some funny videos with ST and DT where rogues are murdering mages because of the ranged damage AND the ability to interrupt AT range.

its NOT that a rogue will be able to out damage a hunter at range really... but with their opener + their time on target + extra mobility + being able to do damage always means that its a BIG buff. gotta see things in context.

if you don't go with ST then marked for death gives awesome openers. rogues openers on the PTR are DEADLY. its NOT that they necessarily take you from 100 to 0... but sometimes they take you so far down there is no recovering.

sometimes the difference between being beaten all the time and winning all the time (bit of hyperbole sure) is ONE ability. sometimes a TINY adjustment makes a BIG effect.

butterfly wings and all.
im just glad ill have something during that 3-4 seconds of warriors "get s*** on stunlocks" where you go from full hp to dead with elusiveness up i doubt it will be enough but one can hope i guess.
02/16/2013 05:14 PMPosted by Acidfxx
"I cant wait for 5.2 we are back to god mode" mentality are going to be pretty disappointed, I mean if you can't play a rogue now you prob can't in 5.2.

Pretty much this. I can play one with relative ease now, so in 5.2 its gonna be fun. :3
Well, I'm at least looking forward to cloak and dagger making crap like narrow escape less frustrating when trying to get a clean dance off.
these improvements are nice, but do nothing to resolve the rogue's biggest problem, which is energy starvation.

even with slice n dice up, we run out of our resource faster than any other class. hunter has (arguably) the most similar resource to a rogue's and hunters will never run out of focus. ever. if a hunter is stupid enough to run out of focus, all he has to do is steady/cobra shot, and BAM back to full.

and dont get me started on the complete uselessness of backstab in today's game... the only thing that made backstab worth using was the insane crit chance it got from improved backstab. now it's damage has been reduced by about 75%, but its energy cost went down from 40 to 35... what the hell is that??

i really just don't understand what blizz is doing with the rogue class.