About dk's

Arenas
Post Limit:
02/20/2013 05:31 PMPosted by Reddlin
The more you can do with a class the higher the skill cap becomes. The lower the skill cap, the easier the class is to play, the more people dislike it unless the class is bad. DKs aren't bad so... logic.

Ok. So say I can play unholy and frost equally well. Unholy is going to be the much better spec because it has more utility etc. Just the way it works, it's better than frost. Of course, if you have no idea how to play the class, you're going to think unholy is harder. You'll notice that higher rated dks will say frost is "boring" or "not fun" rather than "easy". I see so many dks that can't play either spec well that go unholy so they can tell anyone playing frost that their spec is easy and unholy is for good players.

EDIT: Frost will work better in certain comps where you don't want to be dealing with ramp up. Personally I hate playing unholy with classes like rogues.

Here's an example I saw once that I really liked. To understand this you would have had to play back in the time where unbalanced duels were used to judge a player based on how few cds they could use to win. Think of an extremely bad rogue with a T2 weapon dueling someone and losing, then a second rogue that is extremely good taking half the abilities off his bar, equipping a pair of blue daggers and beating that same person which beat the T2 rogue using only half of the abilities. The T2 rogue then calls the skilled rogue bad for only using half of the abilities.

I expect this to go way over most people's heads.

Ooo the 1500 lock that posts about every single dk on these forums, thanks for the intelligent insight.
Id prolly be 2k too if i could just tunnel someone until they die the entire game and not have to worry about anything else going on during the arena. Your class is garbage and easy.

Garbage and easy? Which one is it? Either your saying that their garbage and can't keep up with other classes or they are easy? In which case wouldn't that mean they hold the top with other classes cause they are easy to play? Sorry, don't see too many DKs at the top of the ladder.

Try staying sticky to a frost mage long enough to tunnel them and then you can complain about tunneling.

To be honest I don't find DKs hard to play but definately not easy either. Bursting at the right moment can be awesome but the flip side is that if you start your burst and they either teleport, trink or use any cc on you your screwed. This can be said for any class true. but our sticky targeting is horrible. Tunneling is only viable if you can stay on the target. Hell Warriors can jump away and dash + stun on a rediculously low cd. It's like 'Well I've cc you during your burst mate... But thanks for playing' LOL.
lol mad no skill bads
02/20/2013 06:07 PMPosted by Ballerxoxo
lol mad no skill bads

Thanks for the comment skillful lock, surprised no one has scooped you up babe 0.-

Lol Emberstorm
It's always been an easy class. It's not always good.. but certainly easy.
I had my lulz on one for a while when they were easy and good but stopped playing when they were merely easy. I've been thinking about leveling it up to 90 to wreck faces in BGs with honor epics.
It's always been an easy class. It's not always good.. but certainly easy.
I had my lulz on one for a while when they were easy and good but stopped playing when they were merely easy. I've been thinking about leveling it up to 90 to wreck faces in BGs with honor epics.

Eh I didn't get any of the questions i asked. Just the same things people always say when they like to bash classes, my bad for thinking people actually play this game to help others. Well next season i have my lock and rogue I have got to 90. Will be a blast. Good luck

/thread
Having more abilities to use doesn't mean it's easier, it means your class is at least partially balanced around those skills being available, which means in order to optimize your gameplay you'll have to use more tools and more thinking to accomplish the same as a frost dk. I highly recommend you try playing Unholy.
02/20/2013 06:28 PMPosted by Egwugwu
Having more abilities to use doesn't mean it's easier, it means your class is at least partially balanced around those skills being available, which means in order to optimize your gameplay you'll have to use more tools and more thinking to accomplish the same as a frost dk. I highly recommend you try playing Unholy.

Good response, I like it.

Also Unholy is what I play, it's what i played back in Wrath as well. It's what i've gone the furthest with.
It's the pinnacle of button mashing. All DK abilities are damage dealing, self buff defensive, or gap closing. It just doesn't take anymore thought then "hmm maybe it's time for AMS" or "Oh! I should kick that!"

Of course there are always going to be people that could play a glaive with finesse and they find ways to use a DKs limited abilities in intelligent ways. But let's be honest here, most unholy dks leave gnaw on auto.

I haven't played one in forever so I probably have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm sure there's tons of people out there that can't master the 5 or 6 keys required to play a DK. You just wouldn't know it by the score at the end of BGs.

And just for the lulz, can someone post the old DK defense macro?
02/20/2013 06:38 PMPosted by Reverator
All DK abilities are damage dealing, self buff defensive, or gap closing

That basically explains all classes, only one that is missing is a spam cc.
02/20/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Brokenimage
All DK abilities are damage dealing, self buff defensive, or gap closing

And that's why you play a dk.
I don't know why everyone makes such a big deal about frost DK's, I play both UH and frost and I like both specs. However, when I'm playing with melee classes other than hunters I tend to prefer frost over unholy. It's not because im a no skill mongo retard, it's because I feel bursting down the opponent is more effective in these comps than going for the set up. When playing with a caster or hunter I feel that pressure is more effective than the raw damage, so I choose to play unholy.

Just for the record, the fact that there are less abilities than other classes doesn't automatically make it easier to play(obviously if you play like a damage bot it's simple, but the best players usually don't play like this). It means you need to use the fewer abilities you have as effectively as possible. Dark sim on a cyclone/bubble/pain sup can be game changing and it takes good timing and anticipation to steal one of these vital spells.

Uh i guess ? Tell me again with the state of shadow priests and of course your superior knowledge about this game that you don't have any experience at arena ? Yet allowed to bash others ?

Uh i guess ? Tell me again with the state of shadow priests and of course your superior knowledge about this game that you don't have any experience at arena ? Yet allowed to bash others ?

Just accept the fact your class requires no thought or awareness. No one likes dks except the people who play them.

Just accept the fact your class requires no thought or awareness. No one likes dks except the people who play them.

Great point, people like Mes, anotherx, phil, reqy, and drizlet all got good from playing like blind mice.
Hey Ballerxoxo i have a lock with no exp just like you ! Can i say the same things as you and be cool !?!?! please ? =[
02/20/2013 07:03 PMPosted by Brokenimage

I know, right? I should def level that DK up.
02/20/2013 07:10 PMPosted by Manatapme
Hey Ballerxoxo i have a lock with no exp just like you ! Can i say the same things as you and be cool !?!?! please ? =[

Still havent accepted it I see.
I like dks. I love them. Now going to offer my opinion on some things i think need discussion for.

In wrath the meta was different back then for arena. Skill actually mattered. So unholy was better then frost.

Not saying frost doesn't take much skill, or takes too much skill, it's just with frost you don't have a lot of room for your skill to bring the spec up to a victory. So yea it's kind of hard to win with frost because it's lack of utility prevents you from using your skill to carry the spec to victory.

The warlock is just mad, because dks are effective against casters classes to a degree.

Also the meta for mist of pandaria has changed. In arena, the meta is fast paced, pop all coldowns and burst fast type of play style. There is no room for thinking, or using ultility when burst 1st and not die is the way of the meta.

Dks are a solid class because their resources are on an infinite, but short coldown mechanic, and they have the skills that really matter like dps, burst, cc, healing, defensive coldowns. Not roleplaying !@#$ like water walking, or utility stuff like healthstones or summoning portal.

Dks are strong combatants, just that the meta doesn't really favor any strategy.

Hope that helps.
02/20/2013 07:13 PMPosted by Reverator

I know, right? I should def level that DK up.

Well seeing as you use to play Dk and achievements are account wide, but still no ach over 1500 i'd have to say you still didn't do well on him either.