GhostCrawlers reply to my Fix Disc PTR Forums

Priest
I wrote this in the PTR Forums. This post is about PvP not Pve...

Rapture now reduces the cost of Power Word: Shield by 25% and provides mana equal to 150% (was 200%) of the Priest's Spirit, but no longer benefits from Spirit provided by short-duration bonuses.

Really..... a Mana Nerf?????

Phantasm no longer makes the Priest untargetable by ranged attacks, and the movement impairing immunity effect is now 5 seconds (was 3 seconds).

Really..... a Survival Nerf?????

The TWO things that makes us crap on live already you're nerfing MORE?

You Took MANA BURN.... GOOD DAMAGE... CC... OFFENSIVE DISPELS... DIVINE HYMN.... ????

PLEASE give us the SAME Mana Regen like the other healers in return.

I mean how hard is it to fix this.....???

Buff Smite Damage, give us Mana Burn Back, and Dominate Mind (Mind Control) as baseline ...... otherwise we deserve a talent that give us mana like the other healing classes.

You keep telling us that you know we are broke in PvP yet every patch there is another chop at us.... So today in the new build Phantasm and Rupture Nerf..... Are you guys even paying attention to your player base......????

Here is a simple fix..... Buff the mana return of Mindbinder/Shadowfiend and make it a FOR SURE MANA RETURN..... not based on every class being able to counter it. Let's see....

1. Rogues can Evade it
2. Warriors can Fear and Slow it
3. Shamans Can Root and Ground it
4. Priest can Fear and Void it
5. Mages can Nova it
6. Druid can Cyclone and Root it
7. Monks can Paralize it
8. Death Knights can Freeze and Slow it
9. Hunters can Scatter and Trap it
10. Pallies and Bind and HoJ it
11. Warlocks can Fear

Really???? every class in the game can counter our mana return?????? Do we need like 20 counters to our Big Mana Return Mechanic?

I mean REALLY??????? That's our BIG MANA RETURN!!!!! Let them do all that to the DPS of the Pet but make the MANA RETURN base without it hitting or attempting to hit anything.

Also our Shields need to be much stronger then Holy.... right now on PTR Holy in full Tyr creates a 73k Shield and Disc Creates 78k Shield. That's 20k Healing difference in 1 min... that's less then TWO ticks of Renew.

Disc Priest Suck in PvP....... Did I say REALLY already???

I think it's blatantly obvious that the Blizzard Developers aren't in-tune (don't play the game as a Priest) with what Priest need or are just understaffed and can't accomplish what is necessary.

These are very simple fixes. My post would fix us.... without breaking PvE. The only difficult part would be to up smite damage without making it heal for more.... because honestly us being able to heal and DPS at the same time is a bit too much. There should be a cost for us being able to DPS, and it should be no healing during our DPS rotation other then HoTs.

Priest don't need to be OP they just need to be what they were intended .... Healer/DPS... or Make us like the other Healers in the game Healer/Unlimited Mana..... not a broken in-between unneeded healer for PvP.

It's just plain not fair how unbalanced it is. Imagine my surprise after being away for over a year coming back and seeing Disc in it's new state..... We weren't as strong as Holy Pallies when I quit and now...... it's so over the Top that it makes me write on the Forums about it. I've been playing WoW since Beta and I've probably posted 10 post on the forums in all these years.

I'm leveling a Monk on Live so I can play the closest healing to Disc I can find.

Just so it's clearer I'm going to post the fixes for Disc:

1. More Smite Damage.
2. Better Mana return mechanic or Mana Burn.
3. Stronger PW:Shield and revert Rupture Nerf
4. SW:Death Baseline or Revert Phantasm Nerf
5. Dominate Mind Baseline
6. Better Offensive Dispels (Remove 2 Effects vs 1 like it use to be)

Notice I'm not asking for better heals.... I obviously like Disc as Healer/DPS and prefer PvP :)

Any thoughts?

GhostCrawlers reply to me

Rapture now reduces the cost of Power Word: Shield by 25% and provides mana equal to 150% (was 200%) of the Priest's Spirit, but no longer benefits from Spirit provided by short-duration bonuses.Really..... a Mana Nerf?????

It wont't feel like a nerf when you consider that PW:S is cheaper and Meditation is now the same as other healers in cases except timing Rapture for use with things like Mana Tide (which is what we call cheesy). We also changed the Disc set bonus in PvP to make Flash Heal cheaper.Overall, Disc in PvE on live just does not worry about mana the way other healers have to and all are supposed to. PvP is a different story, but the changes above are intended to help fix.

This is a post from the person in charge of our game..... you can tell it's not getting fixed this patch and they must think we're ok..... It's saddening. Shame on these guys that work for us and let Disc sit like this for an entire season.
I wrote this in the PTR Forums. This post is about PvP not Pve...

GhostCrawlers reply to me

This is a post from the person in charge of our game..... you can tell it's not getting fixed this patch and they must think we're ok..... It's saddening. Shame on these guys that work for us and let Disc sit like this for an entire season.

I feel for ya man. Shadow is in the same boat.
Strange how PvP and PvE are so different in balancing out. PvE guys never really cry about the PvP nerfs but we always cry about all of them.... until now because I could really care less about the 100% Crits to PoH getting nerfed.

I just want to play a Season 7 style Priest and it looks like those days are never coming back.
02/15/2013 06:06 AMPosted by Prefectus
PvE guys never really cry about the PvP nerfs but we always cry about all of them....

lolwat

PVP nerfs often negatively impact PVE.