[A-RP] <The Dimbark Homestead>

Moon Guard
The Dimbark Homestead - Prologue

A torn piece of wrinkled, wet parchment loosely hangs from a gnarled tree in Duskwood, the nail is rusted and severely bent. The writing sprawled on the parchment is still legible, but the red seal of approval on the very bottom is oozing off onto the ground. You attempt to read the note...

To whom it may concern,
Lord F.R. Dimbark, of the Dimbark Homestead, requests your help to fight the evils that have tainted the once lush Southern Elwynn Forest, now known as Duskwood. We must rid this land of the Wolf-Men that now lurk in our farms, and in our roads.. And we must cleanse our land of the undead scum, who have risen from their graves.

We cannot do this alone though, flushing our land of such bitter threats will not be easy: But with help it shall be accomplished.

We seek those of a truly able mind, and also those of an able-body. We call upon you to help reclaim what is ours, to reclaim what belongs to the people of Duskwood. Your challenge has been presented forth to you, but do you believe you can handle such tasks?

If you are of an able-state, of both mind and body, come forth to Lord Walon of the Dimbark Homestead, who currently resides in Darkshire. We hope to see you very soon...

Lord F.L. Dimbark

The Dimbark Homestead - Introduction

Hi there!
The Dimbark Homestead was formerly a tiny village compromised of only a handful of people that existed before the arrival of the Nightbane Worgen, which ultimately rampaged the village. This event forced the few remaining survivors to flee to Darkshire, where the group exists today.

Our main mission is to push away the Nightbane Worgen that have terrorized Duskwood, and the Undead that have risen and now roam the dark cemeteries of Duskwood. Our secondary mission is to create a new 'home' for survivors in Duskwood, since most people have been pushed to Western Duskwood, out of their farms and out of other small communities.

We strive for an enjoyable role-play experience, and provide that to our members easily with a great, structured plot and a terrific bunch of role-players! There's very few guilds oriented around Duskwood, and our goal is to try to popularize an area rich with good lore and a good back story.
The Dimbark Homestead - General Information

Information -
Full Title:
The Dimbark Homestead of Southern Duskwood.
Current Leader:
Lord F.L. Dimbark, under jurisdiction of
Lord Ello Ebonlocke of Darkshire.
Current Location:
Darkshire, Duskwood.
Guild Level/Faction:
12 - Alliance.
Guild Website:
Coming, VERY soon!
Role-Play:
Yes, Heavy Role-Play.
Dungeons/PvE/Questing/PvP:
Dungeons, yes. PvE, yes. Questing, yes.
PvP, not at the moment!

The Dimbark Homestead - Role-Playing
As a heavy role-play guild, we love to have several weekly events, and at times, we'll be having daily events everyday of the (Mon. - Sat.) week. Our guild events typically take place in Western Duskwood, with the occasionally traverse to the Nightwatch camp, and Raven Hill in the East.

We enjoy role-playing, and we enjoy role-players of all skill levels, whether you're a tad new to Moon Guard Role-Play or a seasoned Veteran of Role-Play, we'd truly love to have you! Our events will typically be marked on the calendar, and we will be having all sorts of variations that sub-categorize under our general theme, of a small town, which we hope will add a bit of life to Darkshire!

The Dimbark Homestead - Ranks
(Being adjusted currently, will be filled in soon!)

The Dimbark Homestead - Requirements
Joining our guild is quite simple, but you will be expected to know a few things before we'll allow you hop right into our role-play!

Expectations for Members
** - Optional expectation!

∙ Kind, and friendly attitude OOCly to all other members. This includes respect, and takes responsibility when needed.
    ∙ A moderate knowledge of Duskwood lore, including Darkshire, How Duskwood became to be, Raven Hill, and the Night Watch.
    ∙ The ability to be a committed, active member who shows up to most events, if not all.
    ∙ **Role-Play Addons such as MyRoleplay, TotalRoleplay2, or Gryphoheart Items.
    ∙ Level 10+, with basic role-play gear.

Expectations for Officers
** - Optional expectation!

∙ Kind, and friendly attitude OOCly to all other members. This includes respect, the ability to take responsibility when needed, and the ability to take care of Guild Needs when a Guild Master is absent.
    ∙ A high amount of knowledge of Duskwood lore, including Darkshire, How Duskwood became to be, Raven Hill, the Night Watch, Elwynn Forest, Jitters', the Scythe of Elune, Stormwind City, and the Nightbane Worgen.
    ∙ The ability to be a committed, active member who shows up to most events, if not all.
    ∙ **Role-Play Addons such as MyRoleplay, TotalRoleplay2, or Gryphoheart Items. (Highly suggested for Officers!)
    ∙ Level 10+, with intricate/very good role-play gear.
The Dimbark Homestead - History and Lore
Coming soon! (In the process of being written!)

The Dimbark Homestead - Songs and Culture
The Ranger Hymn - Sung by Falthrian
Yooo.. Hoho.. Hy-Hoho! Hy-Ho!
Hy-Ho, itsa' Ranga' life fer' me...
Hy-Ho, tha' deer ar' dead..
Ova' in Dimbark 'Stead..

Yo, Ho-ho.. Hy-ho-ho.. Hyy-hoo!
Hy-Ho, Skin the deer...
Drink tha' beer!

Yooo - Hy-ho! Hy-ho-ho! Hyyy-hoo!
Hy-Ho, Kill the Bear...
Wear tha' fur...

Yo-ho-ho-! Ranga' life fer' me.. Hy-hooo.. Yo-ho-ho..

The Dimbark Homestead - Interested in Joining?

Does your character fit our expectations for a member listed above? Then perhaps you're just about perfect for our guild, we love people who can meet the expectations listed above and it'll certainly help you join our experience.

Joining is an easy process, you will be evaluated OOCly based on our expectations listed above in the form of a series of questions, which we hope you will answer truthfully! To join, you can contact any of the current guild masters listed below, who will be more than happy to give you a brief interview and get you into the jist of our guild!

Recruitment Guildmasters -
Head Guildmaster - Falthrian.
Secondary Guildmaster - Vaelroc.
Secondary Guildmaster - Darlangus.
Reserved! Thanks! You may -now- post! ;)
Perhaps Darel'horth and Dimbark can become Twin Towns?
I'd enjoy that Ferenold, but I believe Darel'horth is in Gilneas, isn't it? Or have I guessed wrong all this time. If it is, it'd be a bit awkward for a town of Duskwood, to ally with a town of Gilneas: So far away. I suppose all of the Worgen Refugees in Duskwood, it just seems like quite a journey.
02/16/2013 03:26 PMPosted by Falthrian
I'd enjoy that Ferenold, but I believe Darel'horth is in Gilneas, isn't it? Or have I guessed wrong all this time. If it is, it'd be a bit awkward for a town of Duskwood, to ally with a town of Gilneas: So far away. I suppose all of the Worgen Refugees in Duskwood, it just seems like quite a journey.

Uhm, do you know what a twin town is?

There are twin towns in California and Sweden, lol.
Oh! Heh! I've just never heard of using a term like that, a Sister Town. Yes, that'd be excellent. I think that'd be a splendid idea, now that you've brought it up.
Looks very interesting, and I may just have a character that'd fit.
02/16/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Sage
Looks very interesting, and I may just have a character that'd fit.

We'd absolutely love to have you! Feel free to message me or another Guild Recruitment Master in game whenever, I'm always happy to answer questions.
We'll talk in-game about it.
Well yo-ho, yo-ho, a Dimbark's life for me!
02/16/2013 04:27 PMPosted by Mikelbissop
Well yo-ho, yo-ho, a Dimbark's life for me!

Heh. Thanks Mikel, as it is for me!
Worry not, I've found the thread.

It was in my backpack the whole time.
This guild is cool. You're welcome. :3
I just realized how Dimbark is, like, the antithesis of my treant.

-- Sage
I just realized how Dimbark is, like, the antithesis of my treant.

-- Sage

Oh. Heh. That's a bummer.
Bump it up!
Very interesting! I'd definitely like to contact you in-game in regards to interguild role-play in the Kingdom of Stormwind. Best of luck with the guild!